Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just looked under my car and have seen the same thing. The driver's side underneath the rocker panel there are some rectangular covers over cut outs, but the passenger side has these circular holes that expose a thin white plastic lining. Can anybody explain this?
Watch this video at 4:20. It explains what those are, and why they're fine.

Great to see all these recently deliveries.
Not great to get pushed back again like many of us did into Jan-Feb.
Not great to see so many Plaid inventory cars available for sale in existing inventory while so many of us have to wait on cars still - not cool there.
I am disappointed that they’d rather try to sell one plaid then fill an order for a person waiting longer (most patiently) for their car. The explanation for the past 6 months was told to me, there’s parts shortages, there’s supply chain issues, there’s chip issues. Then, like you said, Plaid inventory goes up 100 fold overnight with what most like are ”parts” that our cars needed. When I ordered I figured, well it’s the mslr, white, black, 19”, with no frills. This is the one most may be ordering so if they produce these in droves they will be making a ton of money. Now it’s 6 months later and I swear, every other combination came first as well as, like you said, the Plaids were prioritized. If I was told back in June it would be an 8 month wait, i could have decided that is too long. I was told 3-4 months. This is not acceptable given the situation as it presents itself. If NO Plaids, were coming off the line and we were all waiting a long period of time then that would be understandable, but seeing the order dates appear to make no difference and the SA’s are of no help, they should have simply given us the EDD dartboard and said, here, throw a dart, it’ll be wrong, but at least it’s a date we can give you. I was told back in August that they were “building my car”. Then a month ago they updated the app to show “building my car”, and I got excited. Shame on me. Since then there’s been two more bumps AND from what I’m being told, people with expected delivery dates of July 22 are also getting the “building the car” message. I’ve never owned a Tesla, have only driven them as test drives, and am absolutely certain it’s my next car. When however, is, well, see my dartboard comment.
I absolutely have no problem with waiting my place in line, it’s just that there are so many line jumpers, most of them however is Tesla playing their special game of darts. I can’t even blame the monkey anymore, after several thousand orders, even a monkey would learn how to properly assign delivery dates. Tesla’s powers that be however seem to never speak to the monkey either.

No delivery this weekend!!! Apparently the windshield cracked during transit. No bueno until new windshield arrives from factory and swapped out.

Back to more waiting…..
And that due to all the waiting makes you wonder if the windshield was really cracked or if something else is wrong and they’re just buying time at our expense. I mean how can there be so much wrong with these cars? Is there absolutely no quality control at any point in production?

No so much free money, but a small amount back of the ridiculous amount of money we pay to the federal government.

The lack of a rebate did not prevent me from buying the Model S. It did contribute to the decision to buy a Volt some years ago. Talk about your basic commuter. 40 mile range (realistic average) v. 400 miles with the S. Some real progress.
I would rather have that rebate go to my younger daughter working as a teacher in rural NC when she gets an EV for her 70 miles total commute every day. As a young college grad making very little and she and I will be happy for that instead of me getting a rebate on my third MS where i chose to buy this car and no nobody put a bullet and asked me to buy this. I got federal rebate on both of my two MS and I am happy.

And that due to all the waiting makes you wonder if the windshield was really cracked or if something else is wrong and they’re just buying time at our expense. I mean how can there be so much wrong with these cars? Is there absolutely no quality control at any point in production?
Or maybe the windshield was cracked during transit as they said. Just a thought.

So just got called by someone at Fremont and was informed my delivery is delayed for the 3rd time because service is still working on my car. She said after production the car goes to service for testing and as of now hasn’t completed testing. I got rescheduled for Monday 12/13 (first was 12/9, then 12/10, then today). Asked for some incentive and said either wait for the car or cancel the order upto me. Never buying another Tesla **** this process smh

Reactions: glide and Jabbahop
I am disappointed that they’d rather try to sell one plaid then fill an order for a person waiting longer (most patiently) for their car. The explanation for the past 6 months was told to me, there’s parts shortages, there’s supply chain issues, there’s chip issues. Then, like you said, Plaid inventory goes up 100 fold overnight with what most like are ”parts” that our cars needed. When I ordered I figured, well it’s the mslr, white, black, 19”, with no frills. This is the one most may be ordering so if they produce these in droves they will be making a ton of money. Now it’s 6 months later and I swear, every other combination came first as well as, like you said, the Plaids were prioritized. If I was told back in June it would be an 8 month wait, i could have decided that is too long. I was told 3-4 months. This is not acceptable given the situation as it presents itself. If NO Plaids, were coming off the line and we were all waiting a long period of time then that would be understandable, but seeing the order dates appear to make no difference and the SA’s are of no help, they should have simply given us the EDD dartboard and said, here, throw a dart, it’ll be wrong, but at least it’s a date we can give you. I was told back in August that they were “building my car”. Then a month ago they updated the app to show “building my car”, and I got excited. Shame on me. Since then there’s been two more bumps AND from what I’m being told, people with expected delivery dates of July 22 are also getting the “building the car” message. I’ve never owned a Tesla, have only driven them as test drives, and am absolutely certain it’s my next car. When however, is, well, see my dartboard comment.
I absolutely have no problem with waiting my place in line, it’s just that there are so many line jumpers, most of them however is Tesla playing their special game of darts. I can’t even blame the monkey anymore, after several thousand orders, even a monkey would learn how to properly assign delivery dates. Tesla’s powers that be however seem to never speak to the monkey either.
I remember one SA told me "Well if your credit app expires you WILL have to run your credit again to get the car OR you will be put back of the line." Lmaooo like hell I will. Already got approved twice already from two different banks. The third time I do it again I am going to be denied for "too many inquires" or some bs like that. I ended up telling them "Im doing cash" and the lady said "Pfft okay, we will put it in you're doing cash". Them Snarky SA at Tesla

Reactions: chrisdh79
No delivery this weekend!!! Apparently the windshield cracked during transit. No bueno until new windshield arrives from factory and swapped out.

Back to more waiting…..
This is really strange, my RN is 1149 ordered in May a White/Cream 19 no FSD and was supposed to be delivered 12/9 and they called and said the glass roof was cracked in transit and needs to be replaced but they said I couldn't see the car

Who knows?!?!? But I hope that’s not the case. 😆 Disappointing for sure.

Or maybe the windshield was cracked during transit as they said. Just a thought.
Agree. Surely hope that was it.

Consider it a blessing... you will probably get the 2022 BBB rebate. ;)
That would be nice! But No such luck!!! 🤣🤣🤣

This is really strange, my RN is 1149 ordered in May a White/Cream 19 no FSD and was supposed to be delivered 12/9 and they called and said the glass roof was cracked in transit and needs to be replaced but they said I couldn't see the car
Wow, nearly identical situation! What are the odds!! Let’s hope everyone ends up with flawless beauties soon!! Or we may see someone else posting a RN1149 ordered in May a White/Cream 19 no FSD to be delivered now but for a crack rear hatch glass. 😅😅😂😂

Last edited:
So what do you guys think is going on. I don’t think it is a supply chain shortage. A friend of mine ordered a msm white model 3 on Dec 10 and got vin after three days
Same as my colors. It is very clear it is a model s thing.
Also after elon recent directive to cut delivery costs I feel California orders are being prioritized from whom I am seeing getting their cars or vins with few exceptions. It seems many who where in Dec edd and then pushed to Jan seems to me for that reason purposely. I am seeing white interiors and msm delivered. Seems they are getting few from older cheaper orders going but letting more closer more expensive orders delivered. I don’t believe it is a supply chain. Maybe with mats and trunk covers but not production. All my friends that were infuenced by me converting to ev and ended up ordering cheaper models. 3 and y got their cars and I am not even sure I will get it in Jan even.

So what do you guys think is going on. I don’t think it is a supply chain shortage. A friend of mine ordered a msm white model 3 on Dec 10 and got vin after three days
Also after elon recent directive to cut delivery costs I feel California orders are being prioritized from whom I am seeing getting their cars or vins with few exceptions. It seems many who where in Dec edd and then pushed to Jan seems to me for that reason purposely. I am seeing white interiors and msm delivered. Seems they are getting few from older cheaper orders going but letting more closer more expensive orders delivered. I don’t believe it is a supply chain. Maybe with mats and trunk covers but not production. All my friends that were infuenced by me converting to ev and ended up ordering cheaper models. 3 and y got their cars and I am not even sure I will get it in Jan even.
EOQ/EOY Deliveries always favor the west coast.

East coast gets priority until EOQ. They aren't able to ship the cars in time across the states. Technically we are last to get the cars, I've seen people order months ahead and got their cars first being from the east coast with the same build.

Reactions: BruinIvy
So just got called by someone at Fremont and was informed my delivery is delayed for the 3rd time because service is still working on my car. She said after production the car goes to service for testing and as of now hasn’t completed testing. I got rescheduled for Monday 12/13 (first was 12/9, then 12/10, then today). Asked for some incentive and said either wait for the car or cancel the order upto me. Never buying another Tesla **** this process smh
CS for sure is among the worst. I called them once before my last MS return, the girl sounded like she really hate her job. Well the car sells itself so they don’t have to improve their CS :)