Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of the blue it gave me vehicle shutting down pull over and when I did it said rear motor temporarily disabled and asked to be towed
Oh geez - super dis-like - Hopefully it's either something simple like a loose connection they can fix, or they give you a new car. I know I'd be pretty pissed, drop $100k or more and have this happen. Completely unacceptable! Not sure at what point the lemon law kicks in, might need a lot more. but yeah, I'd want a new one. not to mention, compensation for the inconvenience...which you'll never recover on unless you had a hard expense like uber, etc. - ugh.

Out of the blue it gave me vehicle shutting down pull over and when I did it said rear motor temporarily disabled and asked to be towed
It is very likely an easy fix. I would not worry about lemon laws just yet. Let the techs figure out what's wrong and you should be back in business ver quickly. I know that does not take the sting off having a brand new car break down, but even if they have to replace a motor, they can do it in a day (as long as the parts are available, which could be an issue).

I was among the first to be pushed to Jan Feb two weeks ago. So what do you guys think that means to recent push backs. I am 1149 chicago area
I'm 1151, also near Chicago. EDD a match too. I find Plaids being available all over the country to be the most telling part of this saga.
Anyone sitting at EOQ with small window have any movement? I'm starting to feel that I'm about to be bumped out to Jan/Feb in the next few days. There's no way they're going to be assigning me a VIN and deliver the car in Chicago in <10 days unless it's a reject car. I don't know how to feel, happy to have an EDD within 2 weeks of now, or pissed that they're likely to miss it and it'll be another month and a half until delivery at least.
I had the same EDD you have now for 6 weeks. It bumped to Jan/Feb on Thanksgiving. My LR is Gray/Blk, with 19's and no FSD. RN

Any idea if after less than 24 h if taking delivery car needs to be towed I could still have the right to reject it and asked to be matched to a diffeeent one
This happened to me with my first Tesla (MY long range) and it was back when they still had the 7 day return period. I gave them 6 days and 23 hours to fix the car and return it to me but they couldn't even tell me what the issue was. I returned it at the last second and then the next morning they told me it was the "body control module" and would be ready in a few days. I told them oh well too late and ended up taking an inventory MYP for a significant discount. unfortunately they discontinued the 7 day return policy so your only option at this point will be your states lemon law or Tesla goodwill to attempt to return the car. Depending on the state that can mean fixing the same issue 3 times, out of service 30 days, 1 major safety related issue (I would say this would qualify if you are in a state with the 1 major safety related issue qualification). Best of luck to you and very sorry to hear this happened!

I finally feel vindicated.

1146/white/cream/19/FSD, 9 month wait (weight), EDD narrowed a few days ago to Dec 28-31, and poof - just got a VIN😀 NF463xxx so I think that’s 2022. I’ll take it with the new tail lights, or the old tail lights, or even missing some tail lights (that’s probably a thing now !!).

Hopefully this a positive sign for some of my colleagues on this thread. Winter is coming, and so is your VIN. long live GOT (Game of Teslas).

Two week window has recently implied a vin is coming. It’s the most solid tell outside receiving a vin#
I received my S LR late last month. Three times I got into my delivery date range and they moved it. Once I received my VIN it was ten days before I received a scheduled pickup date. Great car. Way faster and much more range than my 2015 S70D

I received my S LR late last month. Three times I got into my delivery date range and they moved it. Once I received my VIN it was ten days before I received a scheduled pickup date. Great car. Way faster and much more range than my 2015 S70D
My EDD changed two days ago from 16 - 31 Dec, to 17 - 30 Dec narrowing by two days from 15 days to 13 days. Hopefully that means VIN will be forthcoming. Long wait and can't wait to get my LR MS.

Reactions: JeffN and djinn1