Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If feels to me that the production of the model s has slowed down significantly. Is this because they are ramping up the model x production or something else. I know all speculation but would like to hear some opinions.

I get they are not doing the EOQ push bit it seems like the complete opposite now...the EOQ pull back?!
Agree, slowed and many pushed back that expected Dec. could be I’d say:

- adding X to line
- revamping some fixes into prod they have noticed, fixing common problems
- some changes like new tail lights/other parts being integrated
- supplier issues; chip and parts shortage is actually getting much worse again.
- labor issues, shortage at factory, delivery centers, suppliers, and transportation

If feels to me that the production of the model s has slowed down significantly. Is this because they are ramping up the model x production or something else. I know all speculation but would like to hear some opinions.

I get they are not doing the EOQ push bit it seems like the complete opposite now...the EOQ pull back?!
Yup, I don’t envy others getting their Model S early but I sometimes question when a RN1170 order gets theirs before me and me being a RN1144 getting mine late November of 2022

Agree, slowed and many pushed back that expected Dec. could be I’d say:

- adding X to line
- revamping some fixes into prod they have noticed, fixing common problems
- some changes like new tail lights/other parts being integrated
- supplier issues; chip and parts shortage is actually getting much worse again.
- labor issues, shortage at factory, delivery centers, suppliers, and transportation

Certainly adding X to the line, and also not going crazy to pack in a lot of EOQ madness (per Elon's note earlier).

I suspect (having spoken to several colleagues who were middle managers in Tesla in the past), Tesla keeps a backlog of possible retool and process improvements, plus some optional product improvements that they can try to pull in. A retool can be triggered either by need or by opportunity (e.g. a supply gap).

Reactions: Midwst modlS
Guys from what I am seeing things don’t seem promising. There seems to be something going on and I agree with the ones saying there must be slowing down or retooling or god only knows what. Take it from me (one who gave up the white interior and 19 inch wheels and at that time even fsd and agreed to pay more and luckily ended up with same pricing and still got the fsd and the wheels for free ofcourse after having my entire cars butt replaced) take what you can and don’t be too picky. Keep calling your sa and see what undelivered car they have and take it. It seems there is an even longer wait coming up!!!! Even though I got my car but I still feel your suffering and keep checking on this group and hope all of you especially the 1140s orders get their cars right away.

Guys from what I am seeing things don’t seem promising. There seems to be something going on and I agree with the ones saying there must be slowing down or retooling or god only knows what. Take it from me (one who gave up the white interior and 19 inch wheels and at that time even fsd and agreed to pay more and luckily ended up with same pricing and still got the fsd and the wheels for free ofcourse after having my entire cars butt replaced) take what you can and don’t be too picky. Keep calling your sa and see what undelivered car they have and take it. It seems there is an even longer wait coming up!!!! Even though I got my car but I still feel your suffering and keep checking on this group and hope all of you especially the 1140s orders get their cars right away.
Nah i'd rather wait for my car. Going your route would have me paying 15k extra plus potentially missing out on white interior (definitely can't do that)

After one year, VIN assigned and delivery scheduled for this week! Delivery to my house. Was planning on handing over cashier's check after a successful inspection and acceptance of car. However, my SA just texted me "We do not accept cashier checks. You will need to compete payment on your Tesla app." Huh? I though many people used a cashier's check upon delivery. What is up?

Also, no confirmation on how the $2000 pre-refresh credit will be applied.

today i noticed my wife's Y jumped again, from February 28-March 28 to July. We're in no rush for this one. I wonder if the Hertz deal has anything to do with that.
As for me, my VIN was "revoked" along with my appointment, but it still shows in my out of date MVPA, so who knows? it still says 12/30 - 12/31 for me, and based on all the blue whites I saw in yesterday's fly over I think there are a bunch, just not shipped yet. I now predict i'll get bumped to middle of January and i'm okay with that.
just wish Tesla gave more certainty so I"d know what the F i'm doing. With enough time i can try to sell my current car on autotrader or FB or whatever, otherwise I'm stuck with the Tesla trade in, which does have the advantage of convenience.

Update, pushed back January of 2023....
JK it's April now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 10.43.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 10.43.40 AM.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 92
After one year, VIN assigned and delivery scheduled for this week! Delivery to my house. Was planning on handing over cashier's check after a successful inspection and acceptance of car. However, my SA just texted me "We do not accept cashier checks. You will need to compete payment on your Tesla app." Huh? I though many people used a cashier's check upon delivery. What is up?

Also, no confirmation on how the $2000 pre-refresh credit will be applied.
On 12/10, I used a cashier's check at the time of delivery. This was at the Carlsbad, CA delivery center. Maybe Texas has a different process due to their dealership regulations.

So, I have made my mind up. After chatting with my SA this morning, it turns out what I was initially thinking is true. April is the best estimated date, but it can be even further than that. As well my credit loan approval will be expiring in Jan-Feb. I will have to resubmit my credit app or do it as "cash" and wait for the car to arrive. However, I think waiting till April is way to long for me. (Ordered in February) (Before I was shocked it was November of 2022) So what I will do is rage quit and cancel the order entirely for my Model S LR. Those of you who have ordered before me and are still waiting don't cancel! I am very sure it is worth waiting. However, my beater car has been acting up and is now junked as of this morning. Not worth repairing unless I get a motor for $8,000 (2011 VW GTI). I wish I never sold my Model 3 to begin with, but I had no clue about the chip shortage.
Good luck on your journey everyone and my next car will be a used Tesla, just don't know which model or trim yet.
Thank you to all in the thread. Peace 😟✌️

Last edited:
Just spoke with Tesla as my trade-in was pending and was told that they won't finalize the offer until I receive a VIN as I have a loan on my vehicle. They're offering me $40,100 for my 47k mile 2018 Model 3 RWD which I think is pretty fair. I was going to sell it private for 43k so I'd take the 40k and get the sales tax reduction and call it a day.

Shitty part is still no VIN assigned, I imagine I'll be bumped out to Jan/Feb tomorrow with seemingly large update that always takes place on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that it won't be a scenario like others bumped out into April or further.

I just don't understand and neither can the reps on the phone why I still have an EDD of EOY being in Chicago, but I'll take it over being bumped. Still frustrates me to no end. I'm mentally prepared to be waiting for another month plus. The real kick in the balls will be if they bump me out to Feb when I'm out of country for two weeks.

Haven’t been on these forums in awhile. Still holding my 1/10-2/7 EDD.

If I do get pushed back into March/April, what’s the likelihood that Tesla tells people with pre price increase like myself that we have to pay the new price? If that’s the case, then sadly I’m going to order a Model 3 LR.

Haven’t been on these forums in awhile. Still holding my 1/10-2/7 EDD.

If I do get pushed back into March/April, what’s the likelihood that Tesla tells people with pre price increase like myself that we have to pay the new price? If that’s the case, then sadly I’m going to order a Model 3 LR.
Highly doubt it. They will probably keep you at the pre-price increase. You may just be pushed back even further like May-June but still unlikely. That is like worst case scenario.
But paying for the new price? Not likely.