Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the best picture but passed 3 of these full of Teslas headed south on I-75 in Florida. Lots of Christmas joy on its way.

Attachments

• 5BA2278D-146E-49B8-83C5-B7136B48354A.jpeg
    5BA2278D-146E-49B8-83C5-B7136B48354A.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 99
Ok. Took delivery. Terrific car. No glaring problems. Shipped with 35.103 and as soon as my app paired it upgraded to 44.6. Following the upgrade, it downloaded game/theater updates. Biggest issue: protective film gunk on the car in various places. Easy to remove, so I guess I'll take it?

Checklist came out really well:
- Panel gaps look good. Certainly within my personal spec. No open/closing problems.
- Trim well-aligned inside. (Was worried about this. It would have annoyed me.)
- Seats have no wrinkles. My M3 seats were cushier. These seats remind me of my previous BMWs.
- No initial rattles. WHEW. By far my biggest concern, knowing my OCD for rattles.
- Door seals look good. No weirdness.
- No scrapes or loose parts anywhere I could find.
- Windshield was not cleaned on the interior at all. Three large vertical bars of grime needed several body-contorting wipes to get clean enough to make my OCD-related facial tics subside.

Initial driving:
- Yoke is terrific so far. Super easy to get used to, even in parking lots. Times I groped for missing wheel parts and got air: zero.
- Turn signal behavior is one of those "does what you expect" features. I think it's good enough that I'll be signaling more often than I used to.
- Quieter than any other Tesla I've been in, but not massively quiet.
- The lack of a full-length armrest on the door made me go "hmm." I recall that one or two reviewers mentioned this, but when you sit in the car, you realize how noticeable it is. Will have to see how this fares on a longer drive.
- Suspension is one of the best features of the car. It's just great. Car feels like it's riding on smaller, more generous tires.
- Speed is punchy, as expected. Didn't push it too hard as roads are damp.
- No alerts or alarms of any kind.
- Car feels nimbler than it should, for its size and weight. Fun. Not M3/M3P tossable, but fun.

Other and closing thoughts from day 1:
- My old car was a Red M3 with white interior. Love that combo, so wanted something a bit different. Went with Blue/Cream, and I like it. You might say "old man!", but I say it's a great place to inhabit. Less stark and spartan than white, less monotone than all-black (gray). Me likes it.
- Larger screen is nice, as expected. UI is very responsive and crisp. Very pleased, even coming from a M3.
- Instrument screen is nice. Found my eyes not going there though. I must unlearn what I have learned.
- Software was easy to get used to, thanks to watching videos and reading forum threads. I've not played with icon re-arrangement at all yet.
- After driving the car home, I've changed my tune about the tail lights. My revised position: Don't care one whit. At least, not today.
- My kids (three boys, all 17) desperately want to drive it.
- At the risk of trotting out the old cliche we've all heard before: it's worth the wait.

#teamblue #teamcream #garbagecanphotobomb

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

I have had a refreshed Model S long range on order since Jan 28, 2021. Tesla still has still not fulfilled my order. RN114429***. My EDD was Dec 13 to Dec 31st then suddenly my EDD on Dec 14th changed to March 9th to April 6th.
I really think they could fulfill my order but won’t until 2022 so the financials/ profits and margins can look as good as possible. I really believe most pre price increase orders are being delayed intentionally. Let’s see after the new year if I am right.
I agree with you.

Reactions: James P
Like so many others here, my EDD’s slipped several times too before getting a VIN (like yours, mine slipped later, then pulled back with a VIN). Couple days later, I received a text from Tesla requesting me to schedule a delivery date and time 12/22 at 10 am (earliest time slot I could schedule). Can’t wait.
My order date was 6/15. Pickup will be 12/22… so 6 months end to end. Despite the long wait, I feel lucky compared to others who waited 9-12 months.
Well… here it is… tesla texted and offered earlier delivery. Picked up Sunday, windows tinted and car/wheels ceramic coated. Like others have said… hang in there - totally worth the wait!!

Attachments

• 7801ECFA-32A5-4C53-B002-56107F050AF8.jpeg
    7801ECFA-32A5-4C53-B002-56107F050AF8.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 5FB6266B-FCAA-4B3D-A2D3-1CD98C60CAE0.jpeg
    5FB6266B-FCAA-4B3D-A2D3-1CD98C60CAE0.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 85
I am hanging on there too, but the monkey keeps flinging poo. Had VIN (yay), had a delivery date scheduled for Dec 30 (double yay), and today the VIN was removed and my EDD pushed back to January. Can understanding changing a delivery date, but why assign me a VIN and then remove it? I guess it's true ...

"Tesla giveth, and the monkey taketh away." 😖

1146/w/c/19/FSD

Dropped her off on Monday morning for Ceramic Pro coating and just picked her up this afternoon.
Separation anxiety was beginning to set in, but now she is back and better than ever!

The wheels still need some attention. Has anybody found some good quality center hub caps and lug nut covers that fit the 2022 19" Tempest Model S refresh wheels?

Attachments

• IMG_7022.jpg
    IMG_7022.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7023.jpg
    IMG_7023.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7024.jpg
    IMG_7024.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7029.jpg
    IMG_7029.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7030.jpg
    IMG_7030.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7031.jpg
    IMG_7031.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 79
EVAnnex.com has Gorilla lug nuts in black finish and a hard polycarbonate black lug nut cover set. I prefer the hard polycarbonate covers to the soft silicone or other poly covers. They come with a simple removal tool.

I'll probably go with the Gorilla lug nuts with my 19" Signature wheels and use the original Tesla lug nuts when I put the Arachnid wheels and tires on for warm weather.

EVAnnex.com has Gorilla lug nuts in black finish and a hard polycarbonate black lug nut cover set. I prefer the hard polycarbonate covers to the soft silicone or other poly covers. They come with a simple removal tool.

I'll probably go with the Gorilla lug nuts with my 19" Signature wheels and use the original Tesla lug nuts when I put the Arachnid wheels and tires on for warm weather.
I’ve read from many folks they get theirs on Amazon. Many choices to choose from. Caps

Dropped her off on Monday morning for Ceramic Pro coating and just picked her up this afternoon.
Separation anxiety was beginning to set in, but now she is back and better than ever!

The wheels still need some attention. Has anybody found some good quality center hub caps and lug nut covers that fit the 2022 19" Tempest Model S refresh wheels?
Caps Many others to choose from if you’re looking for a cheap route.

Didn’t know order tracking like you all are doing is a thing. Super interesting.

Ordered back around July 5th. RN 1152xx
Model SLR/White/White interior/21” arachnids.
Delivery window of Jan 5-Feb 2

So weird to see longer dates from people before I put mine in.

Any opinions on likelihood of that date being pushed back? It’s been solid there for a few months.

Reactions: MaxPain
Didn’t know order tracking like you all are doing is a thing. Super interesting.

Ordered back around July 5th. RN 1152xx
Model SLR/White/White interior/21” arachnids.
Delivery window of Jan 5-Feb 2

So weird to see longer dates from people before I put mine in.

Any opinions on likelihood of that date being pushed back? It’s been solid there for a few months.
Well, we've all had a lot of time on our hands. EDD jump around and can't really be trusted until the EDD window shrinks to 10 days or less. Until then it is just a very rough estimate (enter chaos monkey). Once your EDD window is 10 days are less you have a better chance. Once it is down to a week, VIN usually comes soon. Once you get a VIN is usually happens very quickly. Usually.

Well, we've all had a lot of time on our hands. EDD jump around and can't really be trusted until the EDD window shrinks to 10 days or less. Until then it is just a very rough estimate (enter chaos monkey). Once your EDD window is 10 days are less you have a better chance. Once it is down to a week, VIN usually comes soon. Once you get a VIN is usually happens very quickly. Usually.
Not really if you are on the east coast. I have had my 10 day window and 4 day window for sometime. No VIN and had my EDD pushed to Jan-Feb. Some of us may not be getting our cars for a long time.