Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I would ever use Tesla insurance as it is like having a driving monitoring app far worse than something like progressive snapshot with you all the time. Factor in the miserable Dallas traffic along 75 from/to the center and all the times I have to brake so hard to engage ABS on a daily basis, Tesla would likely consider me a high risk driver. Narrowly avoided 2 accidents today. Thankfully the Y has good brakes, pretty agile, and I am constantly paying attention. I ducked out of the way just in time for the guy going to fast to plow into the person immediately in front of me. I don't know which traffic I hate worse in TX, Houston or Dallas but I think even Austin is getting miserable.

Reactions: TX-Lady
Quick update on my delivery: After securing financing and getting my car added to insurance, I received a text on Sunday stating:

"Urgent Tesla Update:
We are experiencing an unprecedented logistical delay and have to move your appointment to 1/23 for now. This appointment is tentative and subject to change. If your Tesla arrives sooner then we will notify you ASAP! We appreciate your patience and please reply back to this text if you have any questions or need support. Thank you"

So I was supposed to pick it up this morning but was pushed off to Sunday as a placeholder. No updates as of this morning. I'm guessing lack of drivers or backlog? I was kinda tempted to just take a day off, fly out to Fremont and drive it back to LA. Then again, I've been patient with them this long, so what's a few more days?

Same config and in Houston as well! Called my SA and he said to expect VIN the first week on Feb
Haha when I call me SA all she does is tell me my EDD which I can already see in the app/website. My SA is totally useless and doesn't know anything. I hope your SA is telling the truth and applies to me as well. What is your RN?

Last edited:
Curious to know why you removed FSD, I'm on the fence myself
I have it on my 2016.5 but can't get my safety score high enough (stuck at 89) for the full download. The only function I use it for is changing lanes with the blinker, which is nice, but not $10/12K nice...or $200/month nice. I occasionally use it to park the car, but also not enough. And, even if I got the full download, I really just like driving the car. And lane keep/follow, the features I use 99% of the time, are included for free.

Latest YouTube vid. I like this guy. He goes out at least once per week. This video shows a TON of cars all over the factory. Also shows the delivery lot jammed full of cars, more than I have ever seen so to me it implies they are having major truck/train disruptions for deliveries. Factory seems to still be churning out a bunch of vehicles even if they are missing a lot of parts. I guess that is good news....need to get them out the door and at least mine to my driveway please!

What’s your RN? Were you able to get a inventory vehicle? Congrats nonetheless!

Be sure to use the delivery checklist to help in finding any defects.
I'm RN115861143. I didn't request an inventory vehicle...it just showed up in the app as the vehicle VIN assigned. I'll definitely be doing the checklist. Do the delivery people wait while I inspect the car or do I just report any defects via the app the day of delivery?

Latest YouTube vid. I like this guy. He goes out at least once per week. This video shows a TON of cars all over the factory. Also shows the delivery lot jammed full of cars, more than I have ever seen so to me it implies they are having major truck/train disruptions for deliveries. Factory seems to still be churning out a bunch of vehicles even if they are missing a lot of parts. I guess that is good news....need to get them out the door and at least mine to my driveway please!

First time showing the new back end out on the lot.