Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I financed my MS through USAA last month. In the end, it was a simple process with—I think—the real credit going to Tesla for knowing how to deal with USAA and their Dealer Funding Request process. Everything was all done electronically, but you do have to stay on the ball as the middleman during the process.
Thanks, @Waldokind! That's what I expected with USAA (to have to stay heavily involved), but glad to hear it worked out!

Reactions: rdmdriving
I wonder if we're on the same train.

Anyone have a secret way to track the trains? My SA feign ignorance when I ask if there is a way to see where the car is.
It is not a secret - call Tesla's main number and use the menu for delivery questions. The people answering the phone CAN see the car's location if they want to. Just like an owner can through their Tesla App. That said if they are snowed by calls the person you are speaking with may not be able to go through the 2 or 3 minutes process of pinging the car, waiting for the car to walk up and waiting longer for the GPS to determine its location. Also you can get a person who just wants to get to somebody with a different question.

It is not a secret - call Tesla's main number and use the menu for delivery questions. The people answering the phone CAN see the car's location if they want to. Just like an owner can through their Tesla App. That said if they are snowed by calls the person you are speaking with may not be able to go through the 2 or 3 minutes process of pinging the car, waiting for the car to walk up and waiting longer for the GPS to determine its location. Also you can get a person who just wants to get to somebody with a different question.
Maybe i need to try a different Zip code. I've had 5 unhelpful people so far.

Edit: Called and got a lovely SA(ride AF) who said the car is still sitting at the factory and waiting on a shipper to accept to pick it up.

This doesn't make sense to me because I've seen other VINs with build dates later than mine and heading to the east coast get deliveries setup and on the train. So how the hell is mine excluded from the transport lol.

At this point I'm tired of trying to get an explanation and will just take a break from all of this inconsistent crapshoot of a delivery system.

Cya guys when I get a call from them. Tired of call and and getting the uninformed SA.

Last edited:
RN1153, ordered in late July. Receive a VIN today with an estimated delivery window of February 4th through the 8th. Just applied for financing today to see what rates I'll end up with.

Model S LR, midnight silver metallic, 19" wheels, everything else stock. No FSD. Delivery to Georgia.
I got my VIN about a week ago and got a 2.49 rate with Tesla’s preferred financing. My car is being delivered on 2/6 at the Decatur store!! Can’t wait!

EDD updated to February 2022. First time seeing a year with the February EDD but I've seen February so many times. It is really looking like it'll be a full year since reserving it before I get the S.
Interesting, I am in OH and it changed for me as well February 2022 (no date range). Previous dates were Oct 2021, Nov 12-Dec something, Feb - March, then to Jan 12-Feb something, then Jan 28-Feb 25 and now just Feb 2022. I wonder if this is location based.

Build is MS Blue/Cream 19" w/ FSD

You can keep track of inventory and get yourself matched to an exact configuration match (no increase in price as long as it is an exact match). That's what I did.

tesla-info is a good site for that
That is a good idea. I did try looking on there last night, but no luck. I'm going to make it a regular routine. I assume it has to be available at a Tesla store to pull that off, correct?

That is a good idea. I did try looking on there last night, but no luck. I'm going to make it a regular routine. I assume it has to be available at a Tesla store to pull that off, correct?
No. @Cyb_ above got matched to car that's still sitting at the factory. It was initially in transit somewhere else

Edit: Oops! he responded himself already

Reactions: rdmdriving and Cyb_
Almost one year after my initial order, I took delivery of my LR W/W 19 NF467. Few things to note, No rear shelf, which was kind of expected due to “parts shortage” but still stings, No updated headlights or taillights (was obvious to me). Few marks on the car that looks like it can be buffed out, but due to the rain I don’t see much else.

Almost one year after my initial order, I took delivery of my LR W/W 19 NF467. Few things to note, No rear shelf, which was kind of expected due to “parts shortage” but still stings, No updated headlights or taillights (was obvious to me). Few marks on the car that looks like it can be buffed out, but due to the rain I don’t see much else.
curiuos. Did you make changes to your order after your initial order placement? Almost 12 months seems like a LONG time for a person in Cali to get their car

6+ month lurker, from order date. Finally entered the EDD window for the first time. Time for a new keyboard with a functioning F5 button. Will see how long it takes for the window to move again.

RN1153, 7/17/21, Black/Black/19/FSD, EDD: Mid Oct(4 weeks)-->Dec14-26-->Jan19-Feb16
We have the same reservation. Hopefully it holds

Congrats! What is the build date on the B Pillar or on the Monroney Window Sticker?

I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go. I've locked in the $10k price and after reading some of these forums I'm thinking of just cancelling before the car arrives. The only advantage I could see is potentially the resale value in 4+ years IF: FSD materially improves & prices keep going up.
I bought FSD on the S just over a week ago. I also have Enhanced Autopilot on a 2018 Model 3. I like it a lot. Favorite features is the ability to hit the turn signal on the freeway or any street and the car changes lanes when safe. Works amazingly well. I like that the car will slowdown and stop at stop signs and red lights. I haven’t used Summon yet on the S, but I have on the 3 and while it is a bit clunky, it has worked fine. The technology is only going to get better. I plan on keeping the car for awhile, so I thought it would only enhance the total driving experience On a; expensive car.

I bought FSD on the S just over a week ago. I also have Enhanced Autopilot on a 2018 Model 3. I like it a lot. Favorite features is the ability to hit the turn signal on the freeway or any street and the car changes lanes when safe. Works amazingly well. I like that the car will slowdown and stop at stop signs and red lights. I haven’t used Summon yet on the S, but I have on the 3 and while it is a bit clunky, it has worked fine. The technology is only going to get better. I plan on keeping the car for awhile, so I thought it would only enhance the total driving experience On a; expensive car.
Their should be a class action law suit against Tesla for FSD. It’s a disaster. They have strung along so many people and collected millions of dollars and haven’t delivered. Anyone spending money on this unproven software will just be disappointed like most people have been in all the years they’ve been offering it. You’re wasting your money on something that doesn’t exist yet but you think might exist soon. Kinda reminds me of many of my coworkers who have recently lost lots of money in cryptocurrency.
I would encourage everyone on this forum to cancel FSD on their order. You’re going to pay more sales tax on your vehicle for some thing that isn’t even working properly yet. Take your money and invest it and may be a couple months a year pay for a monthly use so you can be reminded how smart you were for not paying $10,000 upfront.

Hey there James. Soon you will have your three month membership anniversary to this forum. Congrats. Add a signature so we know if your a Tesla owner.

FSD has capabilities today that have some value and let each individual decide if the features that are available today are worth the investment. I would agree that you shouldn’t buy based on future functionality roadmaps; otherwise you set yourself up for mass disappointments that may cause outbursts in forums.