Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after I reached out to Tesla to see if I can get an inventory car that was exactly my match and was denied, the local Tesla reached out to me specifically and said that my order was set to arrive second week of February. This was an unsolicited text to me so I am hopeful. They also confirmed that my 19 inch tires would be the all seasons so at least I have that in writing.

Current Edd Jan 24 to Feb 21. RN1151. No VIN
I wonder why yours was denied and mine was approved? Makes no sense. The inconsistency is astounding. Making up the rules as they go along.

Here's to the best of luck for both of us!

Can we play who has the oldest order on this forum.
Here my info
Model S long range ordered January 28, 2021.
19” wheels, black interior, midnight silver metallic NO FSD. Reservation 114429***

I believe Tesla is delaying the cheapest priced cars.

Place an order today for a white model s with a black interior and 19” wheels and it says and ETA of November but add any cost option. Interior color other than black, exterior color other than white or 21” wheels and the date changes to July. Hmmmm? Greed. Lack of integrity.
To say I find your situation very disappointing is an understatement. We have the same build, I ordered on 6/24, then the delivery date was September. After a dozen or so EDD changes, at sometimes with a 3 day window, I now sit in the 4 weeks of April. This while others who ordered long after us have taken delivery. This lack of integrity will eventually come full circle to bite Tesla in the end. There will be alternatives in the near future.

Still on track to pick up my NF467 VIN this Thursday. RN1150 end of April 2021 order. Anyone else on here by chance picking up at similar time?
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 11.43.26 AM.png

To say I find your situation very disappointing is an understatement. We have the same build, I ordered on 6/24, then the delivery date was September. After a dozen or so EDD changes, at sometimes with a 3 day window, I now sit in the 4 weeks of April. This while others who ordered long after us have taken delivery. This lack of integrity will eventually come full circle to bite Tesla in the end. There will be alternatives in the near future.
My fresh order last week currently says end of June till end of July. I would be so mad if I were you guys lol

• Funny
Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Hello, I spoke with Tesla and they said it’s fine if I bring a cashiers check for the down payment. (Paying with outside financing). My pickup is 1/25 and my bank said the check will arrive there the morning of.

App says that I have to do the bank transfer still but appt hasn’t changed yet.

Really hoping it doesn’t cancel here because I’m ready to rock and roll.

Don’t worry you will be sharing the misery when you’re still waiting in November. I’d mentally prepare for it.

IMO Tesla has not demonstrated they are accelerating production or deliveries and the EDDs are very misleading.
Maybe they're able to squeeze in another production line for S and X in Austin? Would explain the much faster EDD's with new orders, no? Just guessing (and hoping) here... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they're able to squeeze in another production line for S and X in Austin? Would explain the much faster EDD's with new orders, no? Just guessing (and hoping) here... 🤷‍♂️
Could be. Still seems unlikely there is any traction with that until 2023. Just my gut, I have zero facts to back anything up. Like you and everyone else. We’re all looking for something positive to show that our cars will be here soon. I’m tired of it too. My EDD is basically 9 month mark. Some others are at or near 12 months. Some get lucky, some don’t. Wish we had some stats on percent chance of getting the car at the 6 month 7,8,9 etc. I feel like most are getting in about 9 months. Any people with new orders should expect 9-12 months IMO. That’s the real world EDD…

114401 sometime in mid Jan ‘21
Model S LR
19” wheels
Grey/black interior
FSD
Sorry Goose....it makes absolutely NO sense at all. Mine was 11456 2/28 order date with 100% exactly your configuration and I took delivery in late September. I don't think there was any price difference between Jan to Feb (making yours a lower margin car for Tesla). I have been on the forums coming up a year and there has been zero rhyme, reason or predictability to how things work. The only consolation prize is that you will get a '22 unless they try to pawn an MFxxx from the batch that sat for a half year and you may get the new lights. Hoping for you !!

Sorry Goose....it makes absolutely NO sense at all. Mine was 11456 2/28 order date with 100% exactly your configuration and I took delivery in late September. I don't think there was any price difference between Jan to Feb (making yours a lower margin car for Tesla). I have been on the forums coming up a year and there has been zero rhyme, reason or predictability to how things work. The only consolation prize is that you will get a '22 unless they try to pawn an MFxxx from the batch that sat for a half year and you may get the new lights. Hoping for you !!

It does make some sense. I also have that exact same config and ordered in January and still don’t have it.

It makes sense, because your price was likely $2k more than ours since we had the discount against the original refresh price that I assume you paid?

They are prioritizing new orders at higher prices over the old.

It does make some sense. I also have that exact same config and ordered in January and still don’t have it.

It makes sense, because your price was likely $2k more than ours since we had the discount against the original refresh price that I assume you paid?

They are prioritizing new orders at higher prices over the old.
Makes sense. Yes I paid the refresh original price.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Don’t worry you will be sharing the misery when you’re still waiting in November. I’d mentally prepare for it.

IMO Tesla has not demonstrated they are accelerating production or deliveries and the EDDs are very misleading.
I am 100% cool with waiting until your legacy orders get fulfilled first. Since I am not in a rush I just threw the deposit and am glad to wait for 2023s. Really hope they finally diffuse the ugly lights.