Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day @Irvine. Everything looks fine Except: missing trunk panel, one dent on trunk (can probably detailed out). Yoke will take sometime to get used to. Ride is so much quieter compared to my 18 ms or 22 myp.

Only 2 MS there (my msm and one white).
E7A9BA56-FC4B-4271-9EC6-2813D3E1170B.jpeg

I am... especially ignorant, and still learning. That's why for 4+ years, I make many visits per day to TMC and the old, now defunct Tesla board, to read the wisdom of the early adopters, AKA, the brain trustees.

One such person gave me all the contact info of said advisor.

The Tesla Loyalty Advisor is a real person, not a Bot! His name is Daniel, he actually picks up the phone and responds to questions, and has been far more accurate than any SA.

PM me if you need to talk to him.
Dude, that was me! :) Same username if anyone cares. :)

I moved over from the deceased Tesla board, but certainly was not part of the brain trust (some huge egos over there, man—big fish little pond syndrome). Do like it here.

Daniel is great. Willing to help whenever he can. Doesn’t mind me (and likely anyone else) passing out his number. Privately.

He even went so far as to try and help a buddy of mine with solar. But the Energy side is like a black hole when it comes to communication. Yes, way worse than the auto division.

Last edited:

I moved over from the deceased Tesla board, but certainly was not part of the brain trust (some huge egos over there, man—big fish little pond syndrome). Do like it here.

Daniel is great. Willing to help whenever he can. Doesn’t mind me (and likely anyone else) passing out his number. Privately.

He even went so far as to try and help a buddy of mine with solar. But the Energy side is like a black hole when it comes to communication. Yes, way worse than the auto division.

Has anyone reached out to "Daniel" and asked about the refreshed headlight situation? Chances are he doesn't know anything either... but just curious...

Reactions: rdmdriving
Ah okay. For me it did not work on my Mac and I had to do it on a Windows machine
The Tesla operating system is Linux based. It can read and write to a drive formatted in FAT32 or EXFAT, which can be done in Windows, MacOS or Linux. It can also use EXT3 or EXT4, which are Linux formats. I don't know if it can use NTFS, which is a Windows proprietary format. I know it can't use APFS, which is the Apple proprietary format. Since Apple should be able to do FAT32, if you select that when formatting the drive in the Apple Disc Utility, it should work.

Car obtained! NF469
- Same old headlights/tail lights
- Cracked windshield after departing service center
- No floor mats
- No trunk cover/panels/anything
- No license plate outside frame
- Front passenger door takes a full swing with plenty of force to close

Otherwise, found out it goes past 120+ way too quick.
Holy cow! You cracked your windshield on the ride home? Or was it cracked when you picked it up?

It's Tesla Day! I pick up my car at 1 pm. I only had 16 EDD changes. Since my original edd was February-March with an actual delivery on January 30, from Tesla's point of view, they delivered the car ahead of schedule!

To say I'm excited would be a massive understatement. I understand that I am contractually obligated to post pictures and describe my experience at the delivery center to this forum.

Car obtained! NF469
- Same old headlights/tail lights
- Cracked windshield after departing service center
- No floor mats
- No trunk cover/panels/anything
- No license plate outside frame
- Front passenger door takes a full swing with plenty of force to close

Otherwise, found out it goes past 120+ way too quick.
What is the range in your new model s? I am a NF469 and pick up my car next Sunday. My SA informed me that my car had the “new“ battery, whatever that means!

Reactions: rdmdriving

Daniel is the best. He had all the info I needed and even told me to just call for him if I need help

VIN popped up today! NF470, EDD 2/11-2/15. If it holds true, it will have been just short of an 8 month wait. More details to follow, I want to make sure the current information sticks.
One of the few VIN's near me to pop up on this board. You ordered a couple of weeks before me. Do you plan on picking up at the store or home delivery? The Schaumburg store really pushed home delivery when they tried to deliver an MF428 at the end of the year. They really didn't want me to visit the store. Maybe it was a COVID thing, I didn't ask.
Congratulations!