Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had maybe the opposite reaction. Before taking delivery of my LR with 19s, I was ready to pull the trigger on the lug nut and center hub kits for the "raw" wheels. Then I saw the Aero covers in person and really liked them...the light plays nicely on the textures. And while feelings will differ widely on looks versus practicality (and either priority is fine), Tesla puts those covers on because they decrease aerodynamic drag and save you a fraction of recharge time/expense each day. So feel free to wear them proudly!
How do the wheels look without the covers? I haven’t found a good picture of the MS 19” with the covers off. From what I have seen if I wanted to run them “raw” I think I would want to powder coat them. Anyone else with 19” - do you like the wheels without the covers?

Reactions: rdmdriving
Question about DCU loans. I doesn't appear that I am eligible for membership. Is there some way to open an account if I don't meet the requirements for employer, organization, or location.

The credit union I belong to in MN allows "friends" of members to join.

TIA
It seems like you can donate to one of the charitable organizations they have listed, maybe like $5, and become member.

How do the wheels look without the covers? I haven’t found a good picture of the MS 19” with the covers off. From what I have seen if I wanted to run them “raw” I think I would want to powder coat them. Anyone else with 19” - do you like the wheels without the covers?

Attachments

• 2kcschysjfi71.jpg
    2kcschysjfi71.jpg
    969.8 KB · Views: 99

You will have to get center cap and lug nut covers. Tesla might have a kit, but they are also widely available.

Question about DCU loans. I doesn't appear that I am eligible for membership. Is there some way to open an account if I don't meet the requirements for employer, organization, or location.

TIA

It seems like you can donate to one of the charitable organizations they have listed, maybe like $5, and become member.

You may send me a message with your real first and last name, and email address for a referral.

TIA
Sorry, just realized that my account may not yet be eligible for private conversations or direct messaging. Please send me an email, which is the same as my username, at gmail, with your real name included, and I will reply with a referral link.

TIA
All I used was a referral from an existing member. Boom. Membership

Wheels look a lot like the MS version of the Geminis on the Y but a bit better. They aren't bad. Might just stay with them around town and put on the covers for a trip.
That means we have to remove the lug nuts and caps each time we put the aero cover and then put them back again when we remove aero cover. Can the aero covers go thro that repetitive process without bending?

I did it on our MY for a while. No issues to do that and I assume the S is the same. That is my plan for the S, at least short term. Off for around town and put it on for trips. Might leave them own at first while I get used to the yoke and the dimensions of the car.

FYI - on the Y, the wheels looked fine without any caps on the lugs.

I did it on our MY for a while. No issues to do that and I assume the S is the same. That is my plan for the S, at least short term. Off for around town and put it on for trips. Might leave them own at first while I get used to the yoke and the dimensions of the car.

From my experience the speed in which you drive make a much larger impact on range than the aero covers. The covers will not make enough difference for you to skip a supercharger during a road trip, so if you like them, keep them on, if you don't, just take them off and forget about them.

I am planning to do the same. I understand the center cap will have to come off each time you decide to put the aero cover back on for a trip, but does the lug nut cover has to come off too for the aero cover to fit? If so that might change my calculus a bit…

Hi yall! I have been a long-time lurker of the forums, My RN is 1146, White, black, 19 no FSD that was slated of EDD of JULY. But I got a message from my rep and he said they have a car from 2021 that is the same build but had a drive train replacement at Fremont. Should I avoid this, or do you think I can go for it since it's at the price that I reserved for in March?

Hi yall! I have been a long-time lurker of the forums, My RN is 1146, White, black, 19 no FSD that was slated of EDD of JULY. But I got a message from my rep and he said they have a car from 2021 that is the same build but had a drive train replacement at Fremont. Should I avoid this, or do you think I can go for it since it's at the price that I reserved for in March?
Is it discounted? If not, run.