Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what are you using on your wheels? Dang those are shiny
The powder coated wheels are from another member’s post of a while back. I was considering going that direction so I had saved that photo. I do not yet have my car, but I just scheduled my pickup for next Friday Feb 11!

FWIW, I decided to go with the forged Martian Wheels which have been sitting in my garage waiting for a car since Thanksgiving!

Here’s what those look like:

Attachments

• 21005AA1-DFDB-450E-9C09-394105DE52C5.jpeg
    21005AA1-DFDB-450E-9C09-394105DE52C5.jpeg
    753.9 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: jackk and chrisdh79
I want my VIN!!!!
For those interested in getting an auto loan from DCU, I was able to secure their lowest current offer (1.49%):

1. Apply for membership for DCU, you can get a referral code from any existing DCU members, there are so many in the group itself. The approval process generally takes around 2-4 days so plan accordingly.
2. Fill the auto loan application from their website and apply for auto loan while waiting for your membership to be approve. (Step 1 and 2 can be done independently)
3. Call DCU during business hours and schedule a callback (wait times are insanely long, sometimes more than 1-2 hours). Tell them tha tyou have applied for a loan and they will review it with you over the phone, and may approve it too.
4. There is a direct deposit discount and an ev discount, and if you credit score is above 730 (Equifax), you'll get the lowest possible rate they can offer.
5. Make sure to setup Direct deposit to their CHECKING account as failure to do so might increase your APR by .5-15 without any notice.
You should be getting 1.24%. 1.99% approved rate with a 0.5% discount for DD and 0.25% discount for an EV.

Reactions: rdmdriving
I see people ordered much later in July 2021 from east coast getting VIN for the same configuration I ordered in early June. i cannot understand how can they skip my RN and noy give me VIN. I already have FSD added to my car. Not happy.
Is your account set to cash vs financing? Think I put this in the main thread... but I switched to cash and got my VIN two weeks later. Not saying its a for sure thing (especially if you're already set to cash) but might be worth a try?

I see people ordered much later in July 2021 from east coast getting VIN for the same configuration I ordered in early June. i cannot understand how can they skip my RN and noy give me VIN. I already have FSD added to my car. Not happy.
I am with you- no VIN for me either here in VA- but I am 1153 so I am watching for you to get yours!

This makes not freaking sense. They are stating July EDD for brand new orders. It’s absurd.

It is complete false advertising. I am not sure why there is not a bigger fuss being raised about them completely missing the EDD marks on every single order and not by a little. I am sure this mostly applies to S/X orders but Tesla does not care at all. It has definitely soured my experience.

It is complete false advertising. I am not sure why there is not a bigger fuss being raised about them completely missing the EDD marks on every single order and not by a little. I am sure this mostly applies to S/X orders but Tesla does not care at all. It has definitely soured my experience.
I mean they are only slightly off....my order said Sept-Oct when i ordered 6/29...and its February 4th and I still dont have a VIN........And thats not even bad lol I think there's still 1/2021 orders that haven't got their cars yet. Meanwhile people have ordered 11/2021 and got cars. Its like a lottery lol

What really annoys me though is the constant baiting with delivery timeframes...why do they just move it out 1 month, wait till it gets close, then bump it another month? Totally an asshole move. They definitely know better. Last time when my range was like 12/11-12/31 the customer service rep told me my 'soft match' build date was 1/21/2022. So they didn't even think they would build my car until 3 weeks after my window but they let me think differently. Ive had nothing but sour experience with ordering/purchasing/delivery of Tesla products. If I wasn't getting 15k off this car I wouldn't buy it, and I doubt ill ever order another one unless my Cybertruck reservation leads to me getting some kind of super early delivery or a discount vs. market price at the time. The cars are nice but im at the point where Id rather have the consistency of another brand I think. Also don't really want to spend my money supporting such a shitty company (in terms of how they treat their customers).

I know that they used to do that before, but now the lowest I see that they offer is 1.49.
In your screenshot, the number in the middle is 1.49% APR, and there is more text on the right side that says you can get 0.25% APR Additional Discount for Energy Efficient vehicle, which Tesla Model S qualifies for.

The first number of 0.50% Discount Included is already factored into the 1.49% APR, but the 0.25% is not.

For those interested in getting an auto loan from DCU, I was able to secure their lowest current offer (1.49%):

1. Apply for membership for DCU, you can get a referral code from any existing DCU members, there are so many in the group itself. The approval process generally takes around 2-4 days so plan accordingly.
2. Fill the auto loan application from their website and apply for auto loan while waiting for your membership to be approve. (Step 1 and 2 can be done independently)
3. Call DCU during business hours and schedule a callback (wait times are insanely long, sometimes more than 1-2 hours). Tell them tha tyou have applied for a loan and they will review it with you over the phone, and may approve it too.
4. There is a direct deposit discount and an ev discount, and if you credit score is above 730 (Equifax), you'll get the lowest possible rate they can offer.
5. Make sure to setup Direct deposit to their CHECKING account as failure to do so might increase your APR by .5-15 without any notice.
I am sold! would someone in this forum be kind enough to provide me w/ a DCU refer code? Much appreciated!

did you get the full amount financed?

Reactions: howdidIgethere
Sounds like you may be new to Tesla. But the bolded part. You are correct. They cant keep up with demand for the product. So zero motivation to make people "happy". No upside at this time for them to do that.