Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked to keep the summer tires and that I would "dispose" of them. They said no, I was not allowed to keep them. The weather is 40 degrees and rainy which may be the reason the grip is noticeably less. The car does drive with less grip on these all seasons. I actually slid coming to a stop at a light on a hill (road was crap too).
At 40F the All Season should grip better. It might be that brand new tires have slick coating on them that takes a 100 miles or so to wear off.

Curious if you find them any quieter on the highway.

Reactions: Mwolfe
At 40F the All Season should grip better. It might be that brand new tires have slick coating on them that takes a 100 miles or so to wear off.

Curious if you find them any quieter on the highway.
The AS tires are much better now than on the day of delivery. I have not noticed a noise difference. The MS is 10x quieter than the M3 and our MI concrete highways are really noisy.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
So I have had a very eventful past 24 hours - got a text yesterday asking to set up a delivery appointment (yay!) so got that scheduled for Sunday morning for them to deliver (curiously no option for picking it up from anywhere but whatever I guess). Got another text this morning saying it was ready and if I wanted to pick it up earlier, so now it’s being delivered to me today between 12 and 4PM lol.

So I have had a very eventful past 24 hours - got a text yesterday asking to set up a delivery appointment (yay!) so got that scheduled for Sunday morning for them to deliver (curiously no option for picking it up from anywhere but whatever I guess). Got another text this morning saying it was ready and if I wanted to pick it up earlier, so now it’s being delivered to me today between 12 and 4PM lol.
And who said EOQ push isn't happening? Still is, just restricted to the West Coast and really mostly CA.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
My EDD had moved to Jul 2 - Aug 27 after my VIN was unassigned. This morning it's up to Jun 9 - July 21.

While I haven't been waiting nearly as long as a lot of you, OD 12/28 RN 1162, I'm undecided if I'm going to keep my order at this point. The experience of having a VIN with a delivery appt tomorrow to having the VIN yanked is pretty damn annoying. This weekend I'm going to take a look at a Taycan Cross Turismo 4 and an Audi e-tron GT.

Reactions: chrisdh79
My EDD had moved to Jul 2 - Aug 27 after my VIN was unassigned. This morning it's up to Jun 9 - July 21.

While I haven't been waiting nearly as long as a lot of you, OD 12/28 RN 1162, I'm undecided if I'm going to keep my order at this point. The experience of having a VIN with a delivery appt tomorrow to having the VIN yanked is pretty damn annoying. This weekend I'm going to take a look at a Taycan Cross Turismo 4 and an Audi e-tron GT.
Both slower/less range/poorer charging options when on road/more expensive than comparably equipped MSLR.

And...could be a wait for an order

If it helps, this happened to quite a few East Coast members last December. They all quickly got VIN reassignments come January. Tesla for all its faults is that reasonable. I bet you will get your car next month. This is the modified EOQ we have been mentioning. They simply couldn't get the car to you before EOQ

Maybe a used Model S Refresh, they pop up here and there at the online used car sites.

Both slower/less range/poorer charging options when on road/more expensive than comparably equipped MSLR.

And...could be a wait for an order

The slower part doesn't bother me. I'd likely be driving the S in either chill or standard all the time anyways. I will miss the range and SC network but the 250ish that both of those will do works for me. Also bonus of 3 years of free Electrify America charging. If I was ordering one then yes there would be a long wait. I did find both of them, in configurations I'm happy with, reasonably local on dealer lots so I can take either home tomorrow. The Audi dealer I spoke with offered me $11k more than Tesla did to trade in my model 3, and both qualify for the $7500 fed tax credit still. That makes the prices within $5k of the S LR I ordered.

Does Audi and Porsche have these in stock? What is the wait times? Just curious. Edit..this was answered above. should have scrolled down all the way :)

Reactions: jcrides
My car arrived!
IMG_1549 (1).JPG

Right off the bat however, it got some problems. Namely:
  • The trunk doesn't close properly - requiring me to physically push it down. Link to video of trunk closing (it also makes spooky ghost noises that I'm unsure are intended lol)
  • The frunk requires a stupid amount of effort to close, way more than my 3. (Unclear if this is a defect or if that's expected?)
  • For both frunk/trunk, opening it makes it sound like it was forced closed so it opens semi-violently or makes a very loud snap/crack noise.
  • Driver window squeaks a bit whenever it closes
  • The missing parcel shelf (like everyone else)
  • I had one instance of some really odd shuddering when I accelerated spiritedly, but that may have been the road/my imagination.
Aside from that though, everything else feels fantastic! I just don't look forward to needing to take it in for service 😭

Last edited:
My EDD has been May 3rd to May 31st for a long long time. This morning it changed to June 11th to June 23rd.

Wonder if this is an early sign it'll bump back down and I'll get a VIN. Let's see! My neighbor gets his Model Y Performance delivered today (he ordered in December).

Reactions: LordT3SLA
Also posted this in the RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!. Finally picked up my 1143 order number today.

Overall, she seems in pretty good shape. I'll put some miles on it tonight and tomorrow to see if I notice any of the driving issues that seem common. But I did already schedule a service appointment for several things. Unfortunately April 19th was the next available. Here is my list.
  1. There are some paint scratches in the front of the passenger door and the rear passenger door. I didn't notice them at the service center, but I did once I got under my garage fluorescent lights.
  2. There is a rubber seal on the top right (when facing car) of the frunk that doesn't sit right. The service advisor and I both think that it's just a bad seal and isn't long enough to seal the frunk.
  3. The trunk liner pops up on the side and doesn't slit flush when the seat is folded down.
  4. The drivers side door requires extra force to close correctly, this is probably the only thing about the car that I'm really concerned with, but I'm going to ask for everything else anyways.
  5. The A pillars do flex a little when pushing in. I never would have noticed if it wasn't for the checklist on this site, and I think it's likely they tell me there is nothing wrong with it.
  6. I was missing the privacy cover, but all other covers were there.
  7. The panel gaps on the passenger side doors aren't great. However, it looks like the length of the doors is just short. If they pulled the passenger door back a little bit, it would seal the gap between the two doors but then just create one on the front. The SA already said it's likely within spec, so will see if I want to press on that one.
  8. There is a small scratch on the driver's side rear window. I think I'm going to leave it, because I don't want to wait over a month to get tint added.
All in all, bar anything popping up while driving it, seems like I got away without any of the major issues. So far the Yoke and button steering seems to be a non-issue, which I had serious concerns with.

Attachments

• 20220325_195234417_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_195234417_iOS.JPEG
    391 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220325_161057933_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_161057933_iOS.JPEG
    440.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220325_161502049_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_161502049_iOS.JPEG
    780.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220325_171227952_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_171227952_iOS.JPEG
    586.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220325_195338374_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_195338374_iOS.JPEG
    439.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20220325_200340613_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_200340613_iOS.JPEG
    360.9 KB · Views: 85
Amazing news and congrats!!! I’m also in the Bay but had my EDD pushed from February to early March, to Mid-March, now all the way to 4/14-5/19. MSLR Blk/Blk 19”. I’ve called in for updates and they’ve offered a couple 2022s with same spec but with damage disclosures such as battery replacement, for a $5k discount and pickup next day. Super tempting but passed. I’m just curious if payment method you selected was cash versus financing. I know others on this thread have said cash is king and will queue you up the delivery list so thought I’d check so I can switch mine up today.

Amazing news and congrats!!! I’m also in the Bay but had my EDD pushed from February to early March, to Mid-March, now all the way to 4/14-5/19. MSLR Blk/Blk 19”. I’ve called in for updates and they’ve offered a couple 2022s with same spec but with damage disclosures such as battery replacement, for a $5k discount and pickup next day. Super tempting but passed. I’m just curious if payment method you selected was cash versus financing. I know others on this thread have said cash is king and will queue you up the delivery list so thought I’d check so I can switch mine up today.
Yup. I had that recommended to me from Tesla. Selected cash, waited until I had a VIN assigned, then I had my SA flip it to financing.

Same. EDD just came way down to April. I called and asked them what the deal was cause I ordered in June 2021 (RN1152) and they confirmed I have a build slot for April and can likely take delivery in late April/early May. I'm in Dallas. Here's hoping. The bouncing around just sucks cause I need to sell my current 2017 MS but at least the used car market is on fire right now.
Here's hoping! It's taking so long for this whole process that the registration on my trade in is about to expire. Just gunna sell it ahead of time cause at this point trust is at zero, but the used market is on fire. Good luck!

Nope I'm leasing, which in hindsight during this whole thing was a bad idea lol - I had to re-apply for credit 3x >_>