Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I was not mentally prepared to see that huge of a push this morning. I mean it’s 4 months from now. Wtf.

I sent some text messages to the Tesla reps and shocker. Silence. Don’t expect them to do anything but it is just ridiculous that the website shows new orders for EDD in July and I ordered nearly a year ago and am being told possibly as late as September. Just straight lies.

I hope it pushes up soon. It’s just beyond frustrating. I’m willing to fly to another state to pick it up and drive it home but they make the logistics and delivery process so damn f’ed up you can’t even begin to plan or count on it.

I’d even go pick up at Fremont. Zero communication.

Easily the worst experience I’ve ever had buying a car.
Would you go to LA? See my Sig...

Reactions: IslandStyle
Any of those of this select group with VIN's take delivery? Crickets here except EDD moves further out each time I enter the range.
I had a delivery scheduled for last Thursday. Received a call the night before from the service center. While detailing they found a scratch on the console and a paint defect on the back bumper. They gave me the options of refusing delivery and being placed on"priority" list, taking the car as is(replacing console by mobile tech) or waiting for body shop to repair paint and ordering new console. I opted for the last option. Really don't want to wait for several more months to receive a car I've already waited over a year for. Currently scheduled for Saturday.

Folks, EOQ is nearly here. Suggest talk to your SA before the car arrives, so you are on the same page as to expectations. Ask, What can I do to expedite the process? How can I make your job easier? What defects are you willing the accept? Squeaky wheels get greased...

Taking delivery during the week when they are least busy is a good idea.

Don't let them pressure you into a last minute delivery just so they can make sales numbers.

And please reconsider home delivery, of that's what you are set up for, it's just not worth the risk.

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES TO CONFIRM:

B-lon 1143 - RED - VIN received 3/9

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but not delivered):

Mairsile 1143 - MSM - VIN received 3/10
VicH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21
IslandStyle 1149 - MSM - VIN received 3/21
Kokopuffs45 1149 - WHITE- VIN received 3/21

Pre-RN 1150 (NO VIN AND IN WAITING PURGATORY)

Ray_R 1149 - WHITE
EightYears 1149 - RED
luehrsen 1144 - BLACK (Overseas order)
pkrk 1147 - MSM (Overseas order)
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE

Nice to see the Purgatory list shrinking.

Last edited:
Congrats Bruce! What was your EDD before getting a VIN?
In my signature. Last move was 3/24-4
Those of you getting the VIN did you get that text last week?
Yes, I got the text. But no text today. I checked the app at least ten times and at 4:30 pm the EDD changed and when I clicked on "manage" and it loaded the account page, there was a VIN1

In my signature. Last move was 3/24-4

Yes, I got the text. But no text today. I checked the app at least ten times and at 4:30 pm the EDD changed and when I clicked on "manage" and it loaded the account page, there was a VIN1
Following up on your experience, I received the follwoing text chatter:
3/15 - Text to verify if I had a car to trade
3/16 - Verify if I wanted the car in March or if I intended to Delay
3/21 - Text saying VIN has been assigned and to complete all tasks in the app prior to delivery

Reactions: BruceR61