Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just got car delivered today. All looks okay (or as expected!) except rear seat bench not clipped in on right side. Before i mess with service, is there an easy way to DIY? Maybe if I undo the Bench seat latch on the left and then put the right side in first? Anyone with firsthand experience with Model S - LR+ rear bench removal?

Thx!
Chet, My 2022 MSLR had a big crease in the back seat, and Tesla agreed to replace the bench seat in the back. This work was done by a mobile technician in my driveway, and I gave him a hand with it. The seat is really snug when installed, and there are two clips/levers at the lower front edge of the seat that have to click into place for the seat to be installed correctly. It took a while, and we were both pushing down on the seat cushion to get it to click into place (on each side).

I'd probably just start on the side that isn't fully seated, and see if you can push down with your weight on the front edge of the seat to get it to click in. If that doesn't work, it might make sense to unclip the other side, jiggle the seat around a bit to fit in right on both sides, and then try to click them back in.

Or if all else fails, you can get an appointment and let the Tesla repair folks do this...

Good luck!

Hi all, just got car delivered today. All looks okay (or as expected!) except rear seat bench not clipped in on right side. Before i mess with service, is there an easy way to DIY? Maybe if I undo the Bench seat latch on the left and then put the right side in first? Anyone with firsthand experience with Model S - LR+ rear bench removal?

Thx!
Congrats on the car!! :) Look forward to the pictures of it. I'm still scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

Based on my perspective. I would say expect an Average of 9 Months for Delivery of a LR S. some are longer some are shorter. There has been no clear evidence that production has been increasing yet for S/X models. When they do, delivery times should improve but I personally do not see that happening until sometime well into 2023. I am approaching 12 months and still no VIN.
It all depends on parts shortages by then. It could be much shorter or much longer. I’d order sooner than later. Lock in price. Add a trade and stall accepting trade in value. You can delay it for a long time. When you know you want it, remove the trade. Adding an incomplete loan can delay it as well.

Mine took 6 months. Ordered in Sept delivered in March.

Getting my thoughts together for my Plaid delivery tomorrow. They allowed a entire 15 minute window for the process.
My oh my, what will I do with all that extra time?😆

Wondering if I'll get my MSLR before a year's wait. That parts supply shortage seems to play havoc real with old orders not being fulfilled before new ones.;)

Reactions: mdl026
EDD got pushed back again 😩😔. Midwest.

Model S LR | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | RN1162 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3
My EDD pushed today too.

I’m ordered 11/28/21
RN1161 | July 2022 original.

3/8-4/1 , 4/14-5/12, 4/28-5/21, 5/17-6/21 (NEWEST)

This is insane and not a way to conduct business. Had they just left it July it wouldn’t have mattered.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Does anyone know definitively what the story is with the inclusion of mobile chargers? I’ve heard conflicting information and am wondering if anyone has accepted a recent delivery that did not include one.

Also curious if its necessary to include the mobile charger when trading in one Tesla for another.

I’m expecting to have my vehicle delivered this week and am curious what the experience has been.