Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a push forward this time around. Went from July, 28th - Sept 8th to June, 13th to June, 17th.
They actually gave me a VIN yesterday, but I asked them to unassign that vehicle, since it was born 4/19, 3 days before they added the swivel screen.
Here's hoping, 2 weeks out!

RN1154
Was this the first time you had a VIN assigned? When did you order? I haven’t seen order numbers that old in South Florida.

I got a very big surprise 2 hours ago! My VIN has been assigned for my MSLR Blue/ Black / 19 / No FSD in South Florida which I ordered 10/13/21. I have been checking twice a day for months and my current estimate was July 27 to September 7th. At around 11am this morning I got a text that my VIN has been assigned!! Now, my delivery is set for June 1 to June 4. My VIN is 4782** which is concerning because most others seem to be assigned 479 now. I went over to the delivery center and asked a lot of questions. They claim it will have the new headlights and taillights because it is "global" in the description internally. Can anyone confirm that global is the new refresh refresh? Also, I expressed concerns that my VIN is a little older than others since I have heard of 479 vins already. He assured me that, at worst, someone else didn't take delivery and I was next in line. He said nothing else is noted on the car. Any advice on how to get to the real reason for an early 478 vin to be assigned now?

Last weekend I purchased a MSLR from a guy who ordered it in late January 2022 and had it delivered on 5/1/2022 (built 4/22). It had 119 miles on it when I purchased it. It is black/black/19. I ordered the exact same MSLR on 2/14/2022 (2 or 3 weeks after he did) EXCEPT my order had cream interior. Both vehicle have same delivery city. Before I cancelled my order yesterday, it had an EDD of August to September. I’m wondering if the cream interior I ordered was the reason for the much longer delay in EDD.

By the way, I love the refreshed Model S. It is light years better than my previous 2020 Model 3 LR. Definitely worth the wait.

Last weekend I purchased a MSLR from a guy who ordered it in late January 2022 and had it delivered on 5/1/2022 (built 4/22). It had 119 miles on it when I purchased it. It is black/black/19. I ordered the exact same MSLR on 2/14/2022 (2 or 3 weeks after he did) EXCEPT my order had cream interior. Both vehicle have same delivery city. Before I cancelled my order yesterday, it had an EDD of August to September. I’m wondering if the cream interior I ordered was the reason for the much longer delay in EDD.

By the way, I love the refreshed Model S. It is light years better than my previous 2020 Model 3 LR. Definitely worth the wait.
Glad to hear it. What do you like over the 3? Same boat.

Glad to hear it. What do you like over the 3? Same boat.
The cabin of the S is much quieter on the road and I love the ride with the air suspension. It has more of a luxury car feel, while being fast and nimble. I’m 6’4”, so the larger cabin is also a plus for me. I’m really enjoying it. The Model 3 is a fun ride, but the S is a step up.

No, unfortunately the updated EDD was incorrect. That is just classic for the roller coaster EDDs throughout this process. With that being said I am set to pick it up on Thursday. They have been nice and have worked with me which I am thankful for. I am hoping to avoid any bad mojo until then if possible.

Wish me luck!

I will post an update once I get it. Hoping the all seasons are not an issue.
Anxious to hear about your pickup experience at the Kansas City SC, if you were able to pickup today.