Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone explain to me why new orders placed today have an estimated delivery of July 2022, but orders placed last June have an estimated delivery of April - May? This makes no sense to me.
bc the orders right now say july 2022 is so people can order. When i ordered back in june of 2021, it said expected sept. 2021. Well look where i am now. It means nothing

Not sure how many people care but the Radar is no longer in the Model S.

FWIW, when I test drove a 3 and Y in May, I LOVED how the screen showed the cars around me (first time in a Tesla) and LOVED how it showed the car IN FRONT OF the high truck in front of me, that i couldn't see. that was radar.
My S does have radar as far as I know (January delivery) and I've read of folks having errors that talked about the radar, but my S does NOT only not display cars in front of the cars in front of me, but barely displays oncoming or stopped cars.
I don't know if that means the car cant' see or process them, or merely not displaying them.
one thing that I thought was wild about the infiniti that i test drove, but didn't buy, was that it's active cruise control looked both in front of you, and under that car to see what is in front if it. that was part of their website.
I can see similar benefits to radar for the Tesla.
Musk says eyes alone are how we drive, and I say radar added gives some "ESP"

Musk says eyes alone are how we drive, and I say radar added gives some "ESP"
Yep, and I rolled MY EYES at his statement. I thought the idea of al of these systems were to be BETTER than we are.

Its like saying, we don't need telescopes, because we can see the stars with our naked eyes. Or we don't need calculators because we can add with our fingers and toes.

I do still plan to take delivery and I will still give "Tesla Vision" a fair shake, I just don't see how removing radar helps do anything other than save money. They should program Tesla Vision to do the absolute best it can, then supplement it with radar.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yep, and I rolled MY EYES at his statement. I thought the idea of al of these systems were to be BETTER than we are.

Its like saying, we don't need telescopes, because we can see the stars with our naked eyes. Or we don't need calculators because we can add with our fingers and toes.

I do still plan to take delivery and I will still give "Tesla Vision" a fair shake, I just don't see how removing radar helps do anything other than save money. They should program Tesla Vision to do the absolute best it can, then supplement it with radar.

Let me guess, you haven't used Tesla Vision, yet you're coming to a conclusion before ever trying it?

My car was delivered with radar and had it software disabled with FSD Beta.

Even when I use regular Tesla Vision Autopilot on the highway (not FSD Beta), I can absolutely confirm that it performs better in every single way. Most notably, phantom braking is gone. I haven't had a single phantom brake event on the highway since switching to Tesla Vision.

Stop falling for the FUD.

Let me guess, you haven't used Tesla Vision, yet you're coming to a conclusion before ever trying it?
It is accurate that I have not personally tried it, but I am also not coming to a conclusion. I am only expressing my concern based primarily off of a friends feedback where he recently rented a Model 3. Where he had more phantom braking incidents in one week, than I have in 4 months of driving my (non Tesla) radar vehicle.

Well that and I simply can not comprehend how visual cameras are going to exceed radar performance in less than ideal conditions such as fog, night, or even high speed driving.

I indicated above I would give the Tesla a "fair shake". I am a skeptic but with the amount of money I am dropping on this vehicle, I am sincerely hoping to be proven wrong.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I might leave them alone to be honest unless I see something amazing non-oem. I wanted ride comfort maximized which is why I went with default wheels. I hated the way they looked online but in person I don't mind them nearly as much.
So far three people have gone out of their way to say how much they love the wheels on my car. I haven't thought once about changing them. #19club

Yup, delivery order makes no sense, 6/10 1151 here with same config as rik, happy he got his car, but if another tesla rep tells me "don't think of your reservation as a position in a line" I think I may scream
It totally makes no sense to me either, @2MuchLala! My car sat in Chicago for like 4 days last week waiting for transport to KC. By all rights it should have gone to you! You’re making me feel better about my decision to pick mine up today, with the old lights. I’ve really been torn on that issue!

On my way to KC now!