Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some days I'm ok with the waiting, and some days I want to throw a toddler tantrum. I'm getting really tired of driving a manual transmission daily. Yes, it's a "fast" car and a first world problem (Vette), but I need to be back in a Tesla. This was my weekend car and I never intended it to be my daily driver. It's just no fun in traffic.

Venting over.
I understand your frustration. Been there done that. As well as so many others on the various Model S Refresh threads. I actually have given up expecting a delivery this year even though my Oct - Nov EDD has been steady for three weeks now. It is the EOQ September delivery season, the concentrated will be for Cali deliveries. Then it appears that white interiors will start to be delivered. We can only hope. And rumor has it that car made in October will be considered 2022 models. So we have that to look forward to. (not that Tesla will have any new features between then and now) But saying "I have a new 2022 Model S" would be cool.

What gets my through the tough times are the great people who read and post on this thread. Hang in there. Very soon you will be the one who says "The car is worth the wait".

Some days I'm ok with the waiting, and some days I want to throw a toddler tantrum. I'm getting really tired of driving a manual transmission daily. Yes, it's a "fast" car and a first world problem (Vette), but I need to be back in a Tesla. This was my weekend car and I never intended it to be my daily driver. It's just no fun in traffic.

Venting over.
I initially read that as “some days I want to throw a toddler”. 😂

I have spent some valuable morning coffee time thinking about this - why do we get upset / frustrated over things like this? It’s because we assume a human is the one we are talking to and their perceived “attitude” is the trigger. My SA interaction was no different and that’s why I want to change my SA!

now if there were no SA and a chatbot had asked me if I wanted a refund I woulda chuckled and said no I don’t want a refund! I wouldn’t ask to change my chatbot

chatbots are better

It's because, for the price of this vehicle, there is a certain minimum level of customer service and communication that is expected. If you're buying an S you've likely also dealt with other expensive brands, all of which have far FAR better customer service than this. So you "know" what things are supposed to be like, so it makes this issue far more glaring.

It's because, for the price of this vehicle, there is a certain minimum level of customer service and communication that is expected. If you're buying an S you've likely also dealt with other expensive brands, all of which have far FAR better customer service than this. So you "know" what things are supposed to be like, so it makes this issue far more glaring.
Well, I used to ride a f150 before I got into a Tesla 7 years ago, so I wouldn’t know any better :)

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Can I ask? I see lots of EDD slippage here. Has anyone actually gotten a MS LR with White interior in the past month or so?
No one has at least raised their hand on this forum. Probably because they would be mobbed (sarcasm). But in all seriousness, it has been crickets on the white interiors since a few in June and July. I think maybe or two more since then. Though, per my post yesterday, we finally have a white interior VIN. So hopefully more to come. And I found a white interior Plaid via inventory.

Can I ask? I see lots of EDD slippage here. Has anyone actually gotten a MS LR with White interior in the past month or so?

Given that I ordered my MS LR with white interior on January 27, it doesn't bother me that I haven't seen other people getting one. I assume that I should be one of the first people to get one. I would be pissed if I saw other people getting MS LR with white interior.

Given that I ordered my MS LR with white interior on January 27, it doesn't bother me that I haven't seen other people getting one. I assume that I should be one of the first people to get one. I would be pissed if I saw other people getting MS LR with white interior.
Same build as you MSLR White/White 19" no FSD, ordered January with RN1143 and I'm steady at Nov 8-28th. Located in Central Florida.

Interesting coincidence that I ordered my Plaid with white interior one day later than you on January 28 and my delivery window is 1 day later than yours, Oct 8 - Oct 28,

Maybe it's location related but I'm not certain. I ordered in May with your same config but my EDD is currently Oct 22 - Nov 11.
Good afternoon Mr. Bongo 😎

From Happy Hour (somewhere), I'm shocked! Can it be that white interior may be shipping now?!!? I'm white interior also, Jan 27 order date, current EDD holding at Oct. 13 - Nov. 02. Will be interesting to see if this is actually the "real deal" this time. Kind regards...

I understand your frustration. Been there done that. As well as so many others on the various Model S Refresh threads. I actually have given up expecting a delivery this year even though my Oct - Nov EDD has been steady for three weeks now. It is the EOQ September delivery season, the concentrated will be for Cali deliveries. Then it appears that white interiors will start to be delivered. We can only hope. And rumor has it that car made in October will be considered 2022 models. So we have that to look forward to. (not that Tesla will have any new features between then and now) But saying "I have a new 2022 Model S" would be cool.

What gets my through the tough times are the great people who read and post on this thread. Hang in there. Very soon you will be the one who says "The car is worth the wait".
Oh I know it will be worth it, this is my third one! I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment...