Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same build as you MSLR White/White 19" no FSD, ordered January with RN1143 and I'm steady at Nov 8-28th. Located in Central Florida.
I ordered May and I stabilized also at November 8-28 - not sure of the travel methods from Fremont to NJ vs. Florida, but that says to me either coincidence, or our cars can be made within the same batch (let's just speculate 100 of them at a time) and then shipped out as logistics will allow.
I think I read the cars are NOT made to order, but made in batches and then matched. I did the math, only 30 permutations on the LR not counting FSD; there are a few more permutations on the Plaid with the CF choice (so I think 60 total)
Doing some speculative math, if it takes about 3 weeks to ship to NJ (and let's say FL. but I don't know) that means shipped from Fremont roughly October 18th ish to make November 8th, so roughly November 1st to 3rd or so for the build.
Or, the cars could be built earlier, but waiting for parts. or get pushed back.
Sigh, Tesla math and calendering is not fun.

SATURDAY DELIVERY! Hoping the car looks good on inspection so I can pick it up! Out of town the following week. Could not be cut more close.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 2.43.06 PM.png

SATURDAY DELIVERY! Hoping the car looks good on inspection so I can pick it up! Out of town the following week. Could not be cut more close.

View attachment 709352
Great news & BTW, ALL our cars should look good exiting the factory. IF there was such a thing as legit. QC at Tesla, making inspection by us unnecessary.

Great news & BTW, ALL our cars should look good exiting the factory. IF there was such a thing as legit. QC at Tesla, making inspection by us unnecessary.
I forgot to post this here too but I was on the phone with them today trying to get a Saturday delivery and they mentioned ALL Refresh S have 2-3 days set aside for inspections and they'll delay delivery if they find something wrong. First time I've heard of such a lengthy amount of time for a new factory car, especially end of quarter.

I moved my delivery because I'm unavailable from the 19th through the 26th and I'm terrified they'll give my car to somebody else. I'm not sure if "inspection" is code word for "We didn't install all the parts at the factory because of shortages" or if they're actually taking QC seriously but it's sure promising! I just hope their inspection is smooth. I'll take the care in just about any quality state hahahahaha

I forgot to post this here too but I was on the phone with them today trying to get a Saturday delivery and they mentioned ALL Refresh S have 2-3 days set aside for inspections and they'll delay delivery if they find something wrong. First time I've heard of such a lengthy amount of time for a new factory car, especially end of quarter.

I moved my delivery because I'm unavailable from the 19th through the 26th and I'm terrified they'll give my car to somebody else. I'm not sure if "inspection" is code word for "We didn't install all the parts at the factory because of shortages" or if they're actually taking QC seriously but it's sure promising! I just hope their inspection is smooth. I'll take the care in just about any quality state hahahahaha
Taking QC seriously? Hopefully so, facts actually dictate TBD...

White interior in the bay area!

These 3 zip codes are great for searching wide areas that receive many cars at once. Seems to update 2-3 times a day.

White interior in the bay area!

These 3 zip codes are great for searching wide areas that receive many cars at once. Seems to update 2-3 times a day.
There was a red one earlier. And white / white in there now. Hell, there is 70 inventory cars right now, 69 are Plaids. Elon would be proud.

Where can I find all inventory cars?? The 200 mile limit is awful.

There a 100 page plaid issues thread. Tesla ain’t taking QC seriously. If anything it’s quite a comedy.

Three white interiors as of now. One MSM at Fremont, one red headed LV and one red headed to MDR. All with wood.

I’m still convinced that white+CF is the unicorn. At least this quarter.

Three white interiors as of now. One MSM at Fremont, one red headed LV and one red headed to MDR. All with wood.

I’m still convinced that white+CF is the unicorn. At least this quarter.
We have to remember those Plaids with white interior seats are not the same as LR, they have the black contrast stitching. I've never see a LR inventory with regular white seats/white stitching yet - probably won't happen for a while unless they have a hard time after one falls through financing or rejects, but even then they usually do it behind the scenes and offer it to the next in line with a similar order.

We have to remember those Plaids with white interior seats are not the same as LR, they have the black contrast stitching. I've never see a LR inventory with regular white seats/white stitching yet - probably won't happen for a while unless they have a hard time after one falls through financing or rejects, but even then they usually do it behind the scenes and offer it to the next in line with a similar order.
Good point. Zero LR with white interior. Also, why does Tesla even say with or without FSD when it's a software upgrade not a hardware install?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well I woke up to quite the surprise. EDD moved all the way up to Sept 18th - Sept 30th. No vin of course. In a two week span, it went from Nov 10th-24th, then Oct 22 - Nov 11th.

I’m a relatively late order (July) so I didn’t expect something this soon. It is a plaid and I’m in Los Angeles so who knows.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Well I woke up to quite the surprise. EDD moved all the way up to Sept 18th - Sept 30th. No vin of course. In a two week span, it went from Nov 10th-24th, then Oct 22 - Nov 11th.

I’m a relatively late order (July) so I didn’t expect something this soon. It is a plaid and I’m in Los Angeles so who knows.

I believe it when I see it.
@sflgator very intersting thanks for sharing the datapoint

Looks like you made the end of the quarter cut. A lot of California based orders will probably be moved up this week.

My Texas bound order still shows Oct 8 - Oct 22. I guess mine will be in an early batch of Q4 deliveries.

I don't care what people say but i want a 2022 Model S now. I don't plan on selling this car but i'd rather have the 1 year buffer. Also my model 3 delivery experience at EOQ was pretty bad but didn't care since i was soooo excited. Not making that mistake again especially with the issues that i had to deal with later and the trips to the service center haha (I like 2 hours away from the closest one).

Now being at the end of year push side scares the SUGAR out of me....

Congrats EOQ push peepz.

Wood or CF?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid