Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, now I am going to wake up each morning expecting to see yet another "Confirming your Model S update" for a change I didn't want/ask for.
Suggestion: my game plan is not necessarily 3 strikes and you're out; Tesla already has 14+ strikes with me - sooooo, this is their final opportunity to deliver what I ordered (and with no fit, finish, etc. type issues). Definite cancelation 11/03/21 otherwise. Not saying my game plan is perfect; stress level needs to be reduced on my end...

My EDD delivery window starts late next week, and I have to take a day off work to travel 350 miles for delivery. In order to get some idea of a real time frame, I tried calling the Sales Advisor line today.

They are telling me the same as last month. No VIN yet, expect that in about 7 - 14 days. Arrival to Dallas will be about 7 days after I get the VIN. Actual delivery should be at the end of the delivery window, around November 1 - 3 .

And re: 2021 vs 2022 VINs, they have seen very few VINs this week, and haven't seen any 2022 yet.

My EDD delivery window starts late next week, and I have to take a day off work to travel 350 miles for delivery. In order to get some idea of a real time frame, I tried calling the Sales Advisor line today.

They are telling me the same as last month. No VIN yet, expect that in about 7 - 14 days. Arrival to Dallas will be about 7 days after I get the VIN. Actual delivery should be at the end of the delivery window, around November 1 - 3 .

And re: 2021 vs 2022 VINs, they have seen very few VINs this week, and haven't seen any 2022 yet.
If a plaid, I would take that estimate and give it about a 30% chance of being true. If you’re a LR, they are just blowing smoke. In my experience advisers are the most uninformed people at Tesla. Janitorial staff have greater insights on delivery.

Suggestion: my game plan is not necessarily 3 strikes and you're out; Tesla already has 14+ strikes with me - sooooo, this is their final opportunity to deliver what I ordered (and with no fit, finish, etc. type issues). Definite cancelation 11/03/21 otherwise. Not saying my game plan is perfect; stress level needs to be reduced on my end...

My issue is being jerked around. Waiting on a car, fine. But I'm ticked that there is absolutely zero possibility the car would be delivered in 60-90 days like they claimed when I ordered in May. I was basically used to bolster their stock prices or elon's ego or whatever.

Talked to the guy tesla assigned to me a ways back, who is listed as an Operations Advisor ... he says his "forecast tool" shows delivery as late October-early november. They also moved my out of state delivery automatically to the new delivery center in Mississippi which is closer to me. They took home delivery off automatically too "you'll make the drive brah"