Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does Tesla even provide these fake estimated delivery dates to customers? They clearly have no factual basis whatsoever. (See my signature below as evidence.) The SAs have completely different dates in their system; both estimates can't be accurate. Is Tesla lying to the customers, the SAs, or both? Based on some information unavailable to us, your SA felt confident proclaiming that your estimated delivery date is "definitely" wrong, but your SA's information is probably false too. The SAs have been fed false information the whole year. Meanwhile, many of us have had estimated delivery dates that are off by a year or so. It is time for Tesla to stop the charade.
Just out of curiosity, why are you keeping your order? It sounds like you've had enough of the churn and don't think much of Tesla as a company overall. Is there a reason why you want to hold out and support this company, knowing that you will most likely be faced with more disappointment and anxiety for the next few months?

It sounds like you really really really want the car despite the way that the company has dealt with the ongoing issues. I ordered mine in May, so you've endured this for much longer than me.

Just out of curiosity, why are you keeping your order? It sounds like you've had enough of the churn and don't think much of Tesla as a company overall. Is there a reason why you want to hold out and support this company, knowing that you will most likely be faced with more disappointment and anxiety for the next few months?

It sounds like you really really really want the car despite the way that the company has dealt with the ongoing issues. I ordered mine in May, so you've endured this for much longer than me.
sounds almost like you're speaking directly to me - I also ordered in May, and I want to tell them to stick their car where the sun don't shine (which these days has been New Jersey).
I wish there was viable competition. I just don't think there is.
Quote I'm referencing, "It sounds like you really really really want the car despite the way that the company has dealt with the ongoing issues. I ordered mine in May, so you've endured this for much longer than me."
I feel like they don't treat us well, and yet, I keep begging the monkey to take my money!

sounds almost like you're speaking directly to me - I also ordered in May, and I want to tell them to stick their car where the sun don't shine (which these days has been New Jersey).
Quote I'm referencing, "It sounds like you really really really want the car despite the way that the company has dealt with the ongoing issues. I ordered mine in May, so you've endured this for much longer than me."
I feel like they don't treat us well, and yet, I keep begging the monkey to take my money!
I ordered on September 20th……last year

And still no car

May is nothing 😂

Yours is very close to mine and the EDD moves have followed a very similar pattern, I guess. I don't know what was happening in the red updates for either yours or mine but it feels like mid-late December is probably the timeline.

Mine: Ordered 5/4
Aug ==> Sept, Blank, 12/13 - 1/02 ==> 12/14 - 1/03 ==> 10/22 - 11/11 ==> 11/11 - 12/1 ==> 10/8 - 10/28 ==> 12/11 - 12/31

Yours:
September ==> 12/19 - 1/8 ==> 12/20 - 1/9 ==> 12/14 - 1/3==> 11/8 - 11/28 ==> 12/3 - 12/31 (BUT WHICH YEAR?????)

I just don’t like being f’ed with. I think people should behave with integrity and there should consequences for liars and frauds.

Reactions: jm404
I just don’t like being f’ed with. I think people should behave with integrity and there should consequences for liars and frauds.

I can't agree more and understand your frustration. However, I choose not to do business or be involved with people who I consider liars and frauds, which is why I'm even more confused at why you're deciding to keep the order. The consequence of Tesla not meeting their expectations is that people stop supporting their business. Without customers to buy their products, they will either have to change their processes or risk going out of business. In essence, it sounds like you're saying that Tesla is a liar/fraud and that there should be consequences for that. However, you don't want to be a part of that consequence.

It's your decision either way and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Everyone here is checking this forum religiously because they are super excited about what's coming 3-6 months from now, despite the numerous set backs. I assume that you are also excited, else why would you be waiting?

Just seems like you're fed up and could use a bit of 2021plaid's "Endless Positivity" is all. :)

I can't agree more and understand your frustration. However, I choose not to do business or be involved with people who I consider liars and frauds, which is why I'm even more confused at why you're deciding to keep the order. The consequence of Tesla not meeting their expectations is that people stop supporting their business. Without customers to buy their products, they will either have to change their processes or risk going out of business. In essence, it sounds like you're saying that Tesla is a liar/fraud and that there should be consequences for that. However, you don't want to be a part of that consequence.

It's your decision either way and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Everyone here is checking this forum religiously because they are super excited about what's coming 3-6 months from now, despite the numerous set backs. I assume that you are also excited, else why would you be waiting?

Just seems like you're fed up and could use a bit of 2021plaid's "Endless Positivity" is all. :)

What you say makes sense. But I generally act out of self interest. I don't want to be deprived of a great car just because I despise Tesla. I've always said that Tesla's car tech is great (with the exception of FSD, which is awful and extremely dangerous based on the videos I've seen). When I look at the alternatives out there, I don't see anything nearly as appealing as the Model S. Trust me, if there was something that I thought was similarly good--even at a price of $50k higher--I'd jump on it, and I'd be thrilled to screw over Tesla. If someone wants to convince me that the Taycan under $150k is as good as or better than the Model S, please go for it. But the range issue would be a big deal for us. I'm concerned we would need to rent a car any time we wanted to make a road trip.

Last edited:
It might be the wine talking (FL fall out plus bank holiday tomorrow = extra day of wine drinking outside), but I'm getting really tired of driving my 08 Corvette daily. Manual 6 speed sounds fun until you drive in stop and go traffic on the daily. I really really miss auto pilot. I really really miss never pumping gas. I really really miss not having to do what amounts to a one legged squat to get out of the car. I really really hope the folks who bought my 2016 90D love her like I did (they do, they text me videos of post car washes all the time).

I am beyond ready for my beautiful new LR S. Can I please just have it already??
Your rant echos mine. Sold my 85D in August anticipating getting my LR MS this month. Now after 6 EDD changes I have another 2+ months to go (10-30 Dec). The new owners of my MS 85D just got back from 8000 mile trip and wanted to let me know how well the car did. I am forced to double up with my wife’s M3 until the LR arrives (MSM, cream interior, 19“ wheels, FSD). I also am beyond ready for my car. This has been the most stressful experience.

Your rant echos mine. Sold my 85D in August anticipating getting my LR MS this month. Now after 6 EDD changes I have another 2+ months to go (10-30 Dec). The new owners of my MS 85D just got back from 8000 mile trip and wanted to let me know how well the car did. I am forced to double up with my wife’s M3 until the LR arrives (MSM, cream interior, 19“ wheels, FSD). I also am beyond ready for my car. This has been the most stressful experience.
I've moved past stressful and now I'm just in the slightly sad, dejected phase. Interspersed with moments where I throw a tantrum for a day or so. I did wash my corvette today. At least If I have to drive something that's not a tesla, it can be shiny and pretty.

I've moved past stressful and now I'm just in the slightly sad, dejected phase. Interspersed with moments where I throw a tantrum for a day or so. I did wash my corvette today. At least If I have to drive something that's not a tesla, it can be shiny and pretty.
Ironic, I wish my Carbon 65 was not automatic, I miss shifting. I do however understand your situation shifting a whole bunch more for around town in your current daily driver. Hang in there (madam butterfly)...

Reactions: impastu