Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crazy thing is Tesla is doing better than most.
we all know it’s totally worth it.
That's the only reason I can stand to wait. There's just no alternative for me. I love a good road trip, and tesla is the only one with a decent charging infrastructure.

That's the only reason I can stand to wait. There's just no alternative for me. I love a good road trip, and tesla is the only one with a decent charging infrastructure.
I’m in Canada so maybe the story is different but my friend with a Taycan has taken many multi-day trips now and says there’s no problems with the amount of public chargers out there.

I think as long as the car has “plug and charge” capability (as apposed to “plug-swipe card-press buttons-charge), it’s all good.

I’m in Canada so maybe the story is different but my friend with a Taycan has taken many multi-day trips now and says there’s no problems with the amount of public chargers out there.

I think as long as the car has “plug and charge” capability (as apposed to “plug-swipe card-press buttons-charge), it’s all good.
But speed to charge is also important. Public chargers are getting easier to find, but aren't really a viable option on a long road trip because they charge too slow. I have a chademo adapter, but finding them (in working order) is not easy.

Someone on the Facebook Plaid/LR group just confirmed he got an NF VIN!

I am am skeptical. I just got a vin 36 hours ago and it was MF.

But the biggest negative is that the NHTSA VPIC web database contains the filings from each manufacturer for VIN descriptions every year. Tesla hasn't filed a 2022 VIN plan with NHTSA yet.

Perhaps Tesla can issue VINS before it files with NHTSA, but you'd think that would be more coordinated somehow. Also, last year's filing was 8/24/2020 , well ahead of the emergence of 2021 VINs in October. It was revised on 2/18/2021 to include the refreshed LR and Plaid powertrains.

I would expect the 2022 filing to include not only the 2022 model year, but add Austin Texas as a factory with perhaps an A or a T to replace the F for Fremont.

To find a annual VIN plan filing , go here, and type in Tesla for 'Name'. In the search results then look through the columns for "Model Year To" that says 2021 or 2022. (No 2022 has appeared yet...) . To view the plan, click on the document in the left column that starts with ORG to see all the details.

Last edited:
My EDD got pushed out today. From 10/15 - 11/04 to 10/30 - 11/13
image0.jpg

not surprised. :mad: