Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations we found the only white Tesla
Currently for sale. Deliveries of white interiors have occurred. And have been for months. @omarsultan was one if the first. But it was a slow, slow, SLOOOW trickle of VINs. Sloth speed slow. Or LR versus Plaid slow, am I right?!

Tesla at one point in June or July, the Model S designer said ‘white interior deliveries would start in September’. And they did.

Currently for sale. Deliveries of white interiors have occurred. And have been for months. @omarsultan was one if the first. But it was a slow, slow, SLOOOW trickle of VINs. Sloth speed slow.

Tesla at one point in June or July, the Model S designer said ‘white interior deliveries would start in September’. And they did.
I will say, it is worth the wait--the white interior is almost always the first thing folks comment on.

Have you been on the RN delivery tracker?

Just to make it a decently fair comparison, here's what I see in the white interior sheet. Of course some are probably not updated.

Config: White/White
  • 18 orders ranging from 1/10/2021 - 7/17/2021
  • 5 of the 18 have an EDD of Dec or Jan (one of this is me). The remainder are all in Oct or Nov.
  • 7 of the 8 orders are after mine have a Oct/Nov EDD
  • 2 of the 9 orders before me have a Dec EDD very close to mine.

Config: all exterior colors/white interior
  • 21 orders after mine
  • 9 of the 21 placed after mine have an EDD of Dec - Feb.
  • 12 of the 21 placed after mine have an EDD of Oct or Nov

I feel worse for the ones placed before me
  • 24 orders before mine
  • 7 of the 24 have a Dec EDD, most of which were placed >1 month before me.

Just to make it a decently fair comparison, here's what I see in the white interior sheet. Of course some are probably not updated.

• 5 of the 18 have an EDD of Dec or Jan (one of this is me). The remainder are all in Oct or Nov.

• 21 orders after mine

• 24 orders before mine
Plus you have to consider the people who don’t fill out the sheet also After they get the car.
can you send me the link. I wonder where I am?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

• 21 orders after mine

• 24 orders before mine
Have you made changes to your order after placing it? Either via SA or via the www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXX trick?

Have you made changes to your order after placing it? Either via SA or via the www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXX trick?
nope. No change at all. SA went radio silent after the first week because apparently they moved to a different state. I have no idea why that logic makes any sense but I was able to get back in touch with them after going to the physical store.

• 21 orders after mine

• 24 orders before mine
Send me a link to that spreadsheet so I can sign up please.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Currently for sale. Deliveries of white interiors have occurred. And have been for months. @omarsultan was one if the first. But it was a slow, slow, SLOOOW trickle of VINs. Sloth speed slow. Or LR versus Plaid slow, am I right?!

Then why did the order page give us 45-60 day eta at that time

Still, why are people selling these Plaids? Did they decide they couldn't live with the yoke? Some other buyers remorse issue? Hope it doesn't happen to me, it's shitty we can't test drive the cars before purchase, not even your own car. I've never had that issue in any other car manufacturer, they let you test drive your own ordered car before signing.

How is someone supposed to buy a car without ever having driven it?

Reactions: impastu and Duke846
Still, why are people selling these Plaids? Did they decide they couldn't live with the yoke? Some other buyers remorse issue? Hope it doesn't happen to me, it's shitty we can't test drive the cars before purchase, not even your own car. I've never had that issue in any other car manufacturer, they let you test drive your own ordered car before signing.

I 100% agree with you.
I believe the Plaid’s on the market are the same people that bought up all the toilet paper 🧻 Ps5 and Xbox’s.
greedy dealership’s I truly hope they get burned!

Probably had multiple pre-refresh orders with delivery price $12k lower than an idenrtical order placed today. Take delivery & then try to flip it to make a quick buck off some impatient shmuck willing to pay a premium to skip the wait direct from Elon.