Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when Elon promised us cars in 4-6 weeks he had no idea that white interiors would delay 11 months? What about the rest that were delayed ~8 months?

I'm not sure how many of you were here, but Elon discussed battery issues during an earnings call. Long story short, the general guess here was they thought they were all ready to go and then something happened in February that caused them to readjust the car's drivetrain or battery pack. They were doing engineering test drives in March, April, etc. Still.

On top of that, all of the testers had missing our mismatched parts, but specifically the white interior.

Overall my thought is that they purposely hid the issues with the car that could've been potentially dangerous to customers. That doesn't excuse the entire lack of communication.

I'm not sure how many of you were here, but Elon discussed battery issues during an earnings call. Long story short, the general guess here was they thought they were all ready to go and then something happened in February that caused them to readjust the car's drivetrain or battery pack. They were doing engineering test drives in March, April, etc. Still.

On top of that, all of the testers had missing our mismatched parts, but specifically the white interior.

Overall my thought is that they purposely hid the issues with the car that could've been potentially dangerous to customers. That doesn't excuse the entire lack of communication.

My issue frankly is more about the bullshit dates. Like if it went from Jun straight to November - fine. But this thing of hanging a carrot of getting a car within 4 weeks, for as long as 11 months, just keep pushing it back 4 weeks, is insanely manipulative. I think they were worried that if they were honest about the dates that folks would cancel orders.

My issue frankly is more about the bullshit dates. Like if it went from Jun straight to November - fine. But this thing of hanging a carrot of getting a car within 4 weeks, for as long as 11 months, just keep pushing it back 4 weeks, is insanely manipulative. I think they were worried that if they were honest about the dates that folks would cancel orders.

I agree. That's exactly what it seemed like "don't worry it'll be March" and then "July" and then "September" and now "November". How much of that is the inability of Tesla to understand their supply chain system or how much of that is Elon time trying to push engineers to get it done when they really can't.

Reactions: impastu and jm404
So when Elon promised us cars in 4-6 weeks he had no idea that white interiors would delay 11 months? What about the rest that were delayed ~8 months?
Everyone that orders a Tesla is given a estimate.
I have never heard of a promise order from Elon. Did Elon musk Promise you a car? Have him sign it!!! It’s a collector’s edition.
Jm404 everyone is in the same boat.
If you want a Plaid fast you could buy one of the 168 used Tesla’s on the market right now purchased by the growing world of scalpers and BOTS.

EDD got pushed back today a few weeks...the first of many heartbreaks or will Santa actually deliver for Xmas? Now shows 12/14-12-31

RN1157 (ordered 9/24/21) white on white/CF/19s/no FSD San Diego, CA delivery.
I bet you'll turn out ok, with being in CA I bet you'll be looking at delivery within those last few days or week of the year, if not literally on the 31st! ;-)

Holding still here Nov 28 - Dec 18th.

On another slightly related note, paying cash now fully since my investment in good ol' President Trump's TRUTH SPAC earned me enough in last 2 days to buy a few Teslas! Amazing there - put in a stop loss order to lock in the gains!
Why would you pay cash?
You then pay capital gains on that? (24%)
You can borrow right now at less than 2%.
I don’t believe you.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered 6/9/21 RN115118104 taking delivery November 1st got the vin last week might be here for delivery as early as Oct 28th I’m told. MS Plaid White/White 19s

Jealous. Same config, ordered battery day (9/2020), in Maryland, and still no EDD, just a range that keeps moving out (Nov 6-Dec 4). June was after the price increase, right?