Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never really considered this. Do you think there’s a way to historically track vins or deliveries by color? I get the idea that white, then other colors may allow avoiding a cleaning of the paint equipment, but I’d imagine a bit through should clear it all, no? I also get, pick color A, do 20 cars or until paint runs out, then next batch…not sure if based on supply of paint, demand, algorithms, or what.
Either based on the backlog of orders (for S/x) or whatever the paint monkey feels like loading that day?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I realized yesterday driving my former "weekend car" to work, it is the exact opposite of my new S. Black on black, manual 6 speed. Now that I've been having to drive it daily since August, this is going to be really special going to a white/ white S !

I'm trying to guard against getting too excited, but I could be less than a month away now... not likely, but possible!

I realized yesterday driving my former "weekend car" to work, it is the exact opposite of my new S. Black on black, manual 6 speed. Now that I've been having to drive it daily since August, this is going to be really special going to a white/ white S !

I'm trying to guard against getting too excited, but I could be less than a month away now... not likely, but possible!
Lol. I didn’t want another white car either. Two of those in driveway. Not my daily drivers but they don’t get washed unless by me. Looking forward to MSM.

I’m totally patient. No rush. Haven’t prepared much. Except for winter tires on Signature wheels, quartz ceramic application (used on four existing vehicles practicing so need to buy more), all weather mats, frunk and trunk mats being delivered next week, roof rack, ski carrier attachments, outdoor car cover (garage is a wood shop / pantry / art studio / storage room).

I’m totally relaxed about my EDD.

Last edited:
You immediately take a depreciation hit when the new model year hits. Less important if you’re keeping it 8-10 years The used car market is conditioned that model year equals value versus production date.

I don't think it matters at all. I'd just list the build date in the car ad. If people don't already know then I'd educate them on how Tesla does updates to their cars.

Plus many people are selling their model s already more than $30k than what many of us are paying for ours. Won't be that way forever but if the estimated dates keep moving on the website and the price changes stick, we are all going to be fine (plaid will definitely take it the worst in 2-3 years).

Lol. I didn’t want another white car either. Two of those in driveway. Not my daily drivers but they don’t get washed unless by me. Looking forward to MSM.

I’m totally patient. No rush. Haven’t prepared much. Except for winter tires on Signature wheels, quartz ceramic application (used on four existing vehicles practicing so need to buy more), all weather mats, frunk and trunk mats being delivered next week, roof rack, ski carrier attachments, outdoor car cover (garage is a wood shop / pantry / art studio / storage room).

I’m totally relaxed about my EDD.
Frunk and trunk mats! Where from?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid