Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an effort to stop myself from driving past my local Tesla location screaming (out the window of my extended lease), "give me my mother fuc*ing car you sadistic pricks"... I am going to buy a few accessories. Does anyone know which floor mats I should be looking into and also where might I find the center caps and lug covers for if/when I remove my aero covers. To keep this on topic, the seats in the theoretical car that I may one day own, are supposedly white. I may also be in the market for a quality radar detector. Thanks!
1. Floor and trunk mats from Tesmanian
2. Dead foot pedal from evannex EVANNEX Foot Rest Dead Pedal Cover for Tesla Owners - Model S Amazon.com
3. Tesla roof rack (if a skier)
4. Yakima ski attachments
5. Signature 19” SV104 triple tinted black wheels for winter tires
6. Winter tires
7. Tesla car cover (if not garages)
8. Mud flaps to save sides / rocker panels
9. PPF and window tint installer & blackout Tesla logos
10. Brake light tint self-help package

This should keep you busy for a while.

I thought we'd be seeing NF VINs for cars made on or after Nov 1. However, Tesla told me my car was made on Nov 2nd, and I have a MF VIN.
there has been a post saying Tesla only made that change the last two years to true up all the models and they're back to Jan 1 as the switchover. there's no proof either way. but, I'm gonna guess, we won't see NF on a MS till the MF Dec 31.

Im not sure sure having the 2021 model is THAT much of a financial difference used car price wise years from now, than getting a 2022. Especially if there are no differences in features/looks/performance, etc. In my used car buying experience, after a car is around 3-4 years old? Having a car thats (for example) a late 2018 with 45k miles on it vs a early 2019 with 45k miles on it may not be that much of a difference. Some buyers will view the 2018 in that example as "that car has low miles so it hasnt been driven as much" and will see the 2019 as "that one has high miles for its' age". So the market value difference isnt as huge as some may think....

Last edited:
Im not sure sure having the 2021 model is THAT much of a financial difference used car price wise years from now, than getting a 2022. Especially if there are no differences in features/looks/performance, etc. In my used car buying experience, after a car is around 3-4 years old? Having a car thats (for example) a late 2018 with 45k miles on it vs a early 2019 with 45k miles on it may not be that much of a difference. Some buyers will view the 2018 in that example as "that car has low miles so it hasnt been driven as much" and will see the 2019 as "that one has high miles for its' age". So the market value difference isnt as huge as some may think....
That's where I'm at with my 2021 VIN. Not to mention the fact that the car brand new is 15k more today than what I am locked in for makes it a win. I've never purchased a car that appreciated off the lot.

ANC!!!! w00t! (Although the ironic thing is I suffer from tinnitus, so silence is not enjoyable!)
That's where I'm at with my 2021 VIN. Not to mention the fact that the car brand new is 15k more today than what I am locked in for makes it a win. I've never purchased a car that appreciated off the lot.
218 used 2021 Tesla’s (Plaid’s ) on the market ohhh you bet your bottom it’s going to make a difference.

It’s not worth what you think.
just ask the 218 guys that think the same way.

So it’s that precious time now - the evening before pickup day! As I sit here nursing an old fashioned glass of Tamdhu 25 Speyside scotch, reflecting on the last 14 months - feels like yesterday!

Cashiers check ready
Attire for tomorrow selected
Dinner reservation at a really far away restaurant done!

Sigh!
I spent some time today arranging my financing so all is in order. 1.79%, so you'd better believe I'm financing every bit of it. Thank goodness for BofA employee rates!

Now I just need to be where you are, night before delivery.

Take some melatonin and sleep well! Pics or it didn't happen tomorrow!

I spent some time today arranging my financing so all is in order. 1.79%, so you'd better believe I'm financing every bit of it. Thank goodness for BofA employee rates!

Now I just need to be where you are, night before delivery.

Take some melatonin and sleep well! Pics or it didn't happen tomorrow!
I did the math and it’s barely $4k in cumulative 5 year interest for each $100k financed. That’s just insane :) it’s almost negative inflation. It’s awesome for the consumer but I don’t think this free cost of capital is good for this long. The economy doesn’t need any more free cash

I remember my first car loan - I had zero credit history to speak of and my college credit union gave me a 14% loan for $3k which I gladly took :)

And I will only post pics if the lighting is right!

lol @ thinking the car will literally be worth $15k MORE Than you paid as soon as you drive it off of the lot.
It’s not worth what you think.
just ask the 218 guys that think the same way.
I can't speak for the Plaid, but yeah the equity is there for the LR. At least if you locked in the pre-refresh price with the additional 2k discount. You may be proving my point here. I'm paying 82k for a black with white interior MS. These cars are all 90+ with 10k miles. What I'm missing with the equity point. I wasn't a math major, but I took stats and biz calc :). Hell the 2020s are going for 80k+.

I can't speak for the Plaid, but yeah the equity is there for the LR. At least if you locked in the pre-refresh price with the additional 2k discount. You may be proving my point here. I'm paying 82k for a black with white interior MS. These cars are all 90+ with 10k miles. What I'm missing with the equity point. I wasn't a math major, but I took stats and biz calc :). Hell the 2020s are going for 80k+.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid