Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't been posting because it probably doesn't help everyone that has been waiting forever - but here's the update.
Ordered Plaid White / White / Carbon fiber - 19"s on October 1st (Tampa, FL) and Delivered Friday November 5th.
Original delivery date was April / May of 2022
One week later moved up to December 2021
One week later delivery window of 10/31 - 11/6
Vin on 10/25 (I think)
Delivered flawless Plaid on 11/05
View attachment 730616

Cheers - sorry for jumping the line (I have no idea how this happened!)

lol you ordered October 1st of this year? I ordered the exact same config on September 22 LAST year and I'm still waiting for a VIN or delivery date. 🤪 🤪

Or the one person who swears up and down he received an NF vin is mistaken (or lying)
No one has "sworn up and down" that we have seen a NF Model S VIN. However, we did see Model Y and Model 3 NF VINs.
I believe that was for a Model Y if I remember that post correctly. He made it in the Model S tracking thread. Could be wrong
Yes, I did share that we saw 2022 VINs. And I think @2021plaid shared a tweet that said anything built after November 1st would be 2022. That is probably less true now.

Last edited:
No one has "sworn up and down" that we have seen a NF Model S VIN. However, we did see Mode Y and Model 3 NF VINs.

Yes, I did share that we saw 2022 VINs. And I think @2021plaid shared a tweet that said anything built after November 1st would be 2022. That is probably less true now.
Yeah seems like Y and 3 are in fact following that statement, but S and X are not as of yet.

2 questions
Whats the most recent timeline on VIN assignment to pickup. I know it changes but whats the current trend.
For those that have the 2k pre-refresh credit. How is that applied and when?
Do I bring a check 2k less than my down payment amount or the amount listed on my account.
I asked my SA but I’m not so sure he’s very sure.

Whats the most recent timeline on VIN assignment to pickup. I know it changes but whats the current trend.
For those that have the 2k pre-refresh credit. How is that applied and when?
Do I bring a check 2k less than my down payment amount or the amount listed on my account.
Pretty much looking at 10 - 14 days for cross country transit. Add another three to five after a VIN and you get nearly three weeks at most. Although could be more if there is a logistics or weather related slow down. Keep the latter in mind as we approach winter.

I did not get the credit, but have read enough times that it is added to the MVPA 48 - 72 hours before pickup. So factor that into your downpayment and ACH transfer if you are doing so. It is considered a credit, so your downpayment needs to be what is currently listed minus $2,000. If by delivery the credit is not reflected, have your SA or delivery center investigate.

Pretty much looking at 10 - 14 days for cross country transit. Add another three to five after a VIN and you get nearly three weeks at most. Although could be more if there is a logistics or weather related slow down. Keep the latter in mind as we approach winter.

I did not get the credit, but have read enough times that it is added to the MVPA 48 - 72 hours before pickup. So factor that into your downpayment and ACH transfer if you are doing so. It is considered a credit, so your downpayment needs to be what is currently listed minus $2,000. If by delivery the credit is not reflected, have your SA or delivery center investigate.
Perfect thank you I didn’t wanna show up lust over the car just to have to go to the bank to get money they have to give back.

Haven't been posting because it probably doesn't help everyone that has been waiting forever - but here's the update.
Ordered Plaid White / White / Carbon fiber - 19"s on October 1st (Tampa, FL) and Delivered Friday November 5th.
Original delivery date was April / May of 2022
One week later moved up to December 2021
One week later delivery window of 10/31 - 11/6
Vin on 10/25 (I think)
Delivered flawless Plaid on 11/05
View attachment 730616

Cheers - sorry for jumping the line (I have no idea how this happened!)
if you jumped the line on purpose (you didn't) you'd be a horrible human being. Instead, you got the golden ticket. i'd now try to play all lottery numbers that are similar to your order dates, RN, VIN, and anything else Tesla. I would also choose to stand next do you during lightning strikes or meteor storms. You may be "the chosen one"
Enjoy your new ride, but with your luck, you may not even need a seatbelt. and with Tesla, yours might not work anyway :)

Delivered today.

My thanks to all of you for your support throughout this...although I don't contribute much, I love reading your comments.

LR/Blue/White/19s, early June order

Car was actually...perfect. I used the checklist, zero issues (yolk worm is there, but nothing else) great interior fit, paint, panel gaps.

Interestingly, i saw my twin car being pulled out for delivery as I was leaving. My SA says they have only been seeing a trickle of White interior LRs, but they have a batch of around 5 to deliver this week.

Will upload pics when I get home. This is all i have for now.

Attachments

• 20211108_102136.jpg
    20211108_102136.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211108_102126.jpg
    20211108_102126.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 54
I feel like Tesla is playing a mean trick on me, but my Jan 21 delivery date just got moved to Thursday this week. I also have a VIN. Can't be right?
I now have my delivery appointment scheduled too (next Tuesday), so looks like it's happening. And in true Tesla style, the first delivery appointment was 1 day after the end of the updated delivery window. Lol Tesla

Delivered today.

My thanks to all of you for your support throughout this...although I don't contribute much, I love reading your comments.

LR/Blue/White/19s, early June order

Car was actually...perfect. I used the checklist, zero issues (yolk worm is there, but nothing else) great interior fit, paint, panel gaps.

Interestingly, i saw my twin car being pulled out for delivery as I was leaving. My SA says they have only been seeing a trickle of White interior LRs, but they have a batch of around 5 to deliver this week.

Will upload pics when I get home. This is all i have for now.

Beautiful. I'm glad you got a good one with nice paint and panel gaps. I wonder why some turn out nice and others not so nice.... enjoy in good health!

On the PPF, I'm undecided. A glossy full-body PPF these days can run $5-6k. If you're going to get it, do it right off the lot because doing if after you get rock chips makes the PPF bubble out just a bit and IMO looks worse than the rock chip itself. I have no long-term experience with PPF.

I have 20 year old black cars with virtually no obvious rock chips. I have had 3 week old 500 mile Teslas with several obvious rock chips. Tesla paint is thin and soft.

Instead of PPF, does anyone know if clear coat can be sprayed on an entire new car? Like thick hardened clear coat? I'd rather pay a body shop $6k to clear coat than do PPF.... a full custom NICE paint job is around $12k these days.

Thoughts?

Called corporate and got somewhat of an update. He said to expect my car to be produced on or around Dec. 9th and that my EDD is correct to state 12/13-1/2.

He mentioned it’s a good sign that my EDD isn’t fluctuating a lot and that I’m likely locked in for a production date. We’ll see
was told almost verbatim at my SC on saturday. I have same EDD as you. white/white/19/LR ordered June 10. Virginia delivery.

I know nothing more than your SA (So I don't know *sugar*) ...

Tesla did not start producing any 2021 Model S until June of this year. Just a mere 5 months ago even though some of us have been waiting for a year. The previous years Model S and this years Model Y were produced for a full year. In my opinion the refreshed Model S 2022 built cars will not be until Jan 2022.

@Tigers you will be driving off in your sharp looking red Model S with at least $10,000 more valuation than you paid. Not too many times when you buy a new car and don't lose money as soon as you leave the lot. That will be true if you take delivery today or early next year. The purchase price increases, very high demand, and the chip shortages are making all car valuations ridiculously high.

You have more patience than I. I couldn't turn down a delivery. I hope that you get what you want even though we can't get when we want.
218 used plaids online may disagree with your comments.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid