Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate saying this, as when other people said this it drove me nuts, but it was worth the wait. Usually when a company treats me like this I resent the product etc, but especially since I got it pre-price increases, makes it a little more special.

While the quality is way better than first gen, and most refreshes, Tesla definitely has a ways to go on fit/finish. None of my issues are major but it's definitely a far cry from the germans or even toyota. I'm not talking quality here, but the way the pieces go together

I will confirm - I did NOT get the Feb bug. However, I did change my color from white to red in May and at the time that changed my EDD...so maybe it reset me in the system. Also, it clearly did not delay my order so fyi for you all.

I also didn't have this happen. There at the end I was checking both the app and website multiple times a day, it never went to feb (other than moving to Januaryish earlier this year)

I will confirm - I did NOT get the Feb bug. However, I did change my color from white to red in May and at the time that changed my EDD...so maybe it reset me in the system. Also, it clearly did not delay my order so fyi for you all.

I also didn't have this happen. There at the end I was checking both the app and website multiple times a day, it never went to feb (other than moving to Januaryish earlier this year)

hmm... you two clearly didnt understand the focus of what i was trying to do! your comments aren't helping! Please rectify them wherever possible...

Neither did @doubleshot - nor did he get a shorter window. Worth saying I did not go to February either, but I did get a two week window down from a three week window.

So in classic Tesla, the only constant is inconsistency.

I hate saying this, as when other people said this it drove me nuts, but it was worth the wait. Usually when a company treats me like this I resent the product etc, but especially since I got it pre-price increases, makes it a little more special.

While the quality is way better than first gen, and most refreshes, Tesla definitely has a ways to go on fit/finish. None of my issues are major but it's definitely a far cry from the germans or even toyota. I'm not talking quality here, but the way the pieces go together
Really glad to hear that. Know you were heated and upset with some of your posts. Glad the ventilated seats cooled your backside down :D

Enjoy the car!

hmm.. i think some moderator didnt want me counseling people too NOT cause an exothermic reaction (gotta watch what i say) at the manufacturing facility that produces these devices on four wheels.... my post was altered... and not by me...

i think said moderators may actually want to create exothermic reactions for rapid unscheduled disassembly purposes

Last edited:
hmm.. i think some moderator didnt want me counseling people too NOT cause an exothermic reaction (gotta watch what i say) at the manufacturing facility that produces these devices on four wheels.... my post was altered... and not by me...

i think said moderators may actually want to create exothermic reactions for rapid unscheduled disassembly purposes

We can't talk about farts? Unless it's the horn sound I guess

Finally received a VIN today, MF455. I was hoping for a 2022 but I'm just glad I passed another hurdle in this journey. I have no qualms about accepting a 2021 model, especially since I suspect 2022 VINs won't start coming off the line until Dec / Jan as a few others speculated.
We received VIN MF455 today as well for our 1/21 order. The date range was shortened to 11/21 to 11/25. With the weekend and Thanksgiving, that realistically means delivery will be 11/22 to 11/24.

We received VIN MF455 today as well for our 1/21 order. The date range was shortened to 11/21 to 11/25. With the weekend and Thanksgiving, that realistically means delivery will be 11/22 to 11/24.
Congrats! My order day was 1 week after you on 1/28. Glad Tesla is finally fulfilling some of our long standing orders. My EDD is 11/20 - 11/26.

Last edited:
5 days until my delivery, very excited but still a little worried Tesla will pull the rug out from under me...

Quick question for any LR owners, has anyone bought a spoiler? I really like how the spoiler looks on the Plaid, so I am looking at the following through rpmtesla. Does anyone recommend one that will look good on my black exterior LR, like gloss vs matte:

5 days until my delivery, very excited but still a little worried Tesla will pull the rug out from under me...

Quick question for any LR owners, has anyone bought a spoiler? I really like how the spoiler looks on the Plaid, so I am looking at the following through rpmtesla. Does anyone recommend one that will look good on my black exterior LR, like gloss vs matte:

@Tigers did just this morning; per his own posts.