Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you get your VIN? Just trying to gauge when I am looking for a text to schedule pickup. Houston delivery here as well, although pickup not home delivery.
Received VIN Nov. 6, Saturday. Was hoping to do a pick up, but I guess I live too close to the delivery center. (4 days total from VIN to delivey schedule)

Sounds good. Hopefully I will get a similar text in the next few days. Got a VIN Sunday. Although, I am refusing home delivery and doing pickup. Thanks!
We have the option to refuse home delivery? I wasn't aware. I hope you get your text soon though.
I would like to thank everyone in the forums though for being a support group. I've always been lurking since January, reading daily/refreshing my page like everyone else. First it was "battery issues", then it became 19s/LRs issues, and then white interior.. but things finally feel like it moving for real this time.

We have the option to refuse home delivery? I wasn't aware. I hope you get your text soon though.
I would like to thank everyone in the forums though for being a support group. I've always been lurking since January, reading daily/refreshing my page like everyone else. First it was "battery issues", then it became 19s/LRs issues, and then white interior.. but things finally feel like it moving for real this time.
Yep, you do. My main concern is someone else driving it on Houston roads, right next to wanting to inspect it at the delivery center. I want that to be me driving it for the first time on the roads, not someone else. Lack of trust in others.

Yep, you do. My main concern is someone else driving it on Houston roads, right next to wanting to inspect it at the delivery center. I want that to be me driving it for the first time on the roads, not someone else. Lack of trust in others.
I completely agree. For some reason I thought they were going to tow it or something, but it makes more sense they drive it. I will contact them about pickup when I'm off work, do you by chance know their work hours? Pickup also has the perk of finding the flaws/gaps to be fixed asap. I'm hoping for a flawless car though..

I completely agree. For some reason I thought they were going to tow it or something, but it makes more sense they drive it. I will contact them about pickup when I'm off work, do you by chance know their work hours? Pickup also has the perk of finding the flaws/gaps to be fixed asap. I'm hoping for a flawless car though..
You definitely have more of a chance to have them fix subtle issues found. But do not expect your entire due bill to be fixed on the spot if you do a delivery center pickup.

Hours, I am unsure of. Just call the delivery center closest to you. 1) confirm they are taking delivery of your car and not some other service center / delivery center and 2) ask to see if you can change to pickup. I do not see how it could be any issues, but I am not in charge.

I've never had an SA nor any contact from tesla without me reaching out myself. The delivery center is 2 hours away from me and any numbers online I can find go to tesla corporate. :(
What Florida delivery center are you closest to? Call that number from Google or Apple Maps and then press the buttons for "new car sales" or "service". Someone should help you.

Picked mine up. Have to say I like the 19" wheels a LOT more in person. Mine had summer tires which I prefer. Couple small issues, some interior trim that doesn't perfectly line up which he noted on some report. Told me keep the car a couple days look over in more detail and they will repair whatever else in one go. Now to figure out how to remove the stupid front plate mount, and PPF is next week

Picked mine up. Have to say I like the 19" wheels a LOT more in person. Mine had summer tires which I prefer. Couple small issues, some interior trim that doesn't perfectly line up which he noted on some report. Told me keep the car a couple days look over in more detail and they will repair whatever else in one go. Now to figure out how to remove the stupid front plate mount, and PPF is next week
Congrats! Enjoy the car

Now to figure out how to remove the stupid front plate mount
Screw off the three screws holding the front bracket to the back bracket. Heat up the back bracket and peel it off from the bumper. Using something (e.g. Goo Be Gone) to remove any residue / remaining tape from the two pieces of 3M tape that affixed the license plate bracket to the bumper.

Edit: see you are PPF-ing. You could also just leave it to your installer / detailer. They should know how to remove the bracket.
2x edit: enjoy the car! Hopefully some of the sting of the waiting will subdue now that you have it.

Last edited:
I haven't posted on the board since June and the moment I post today alas the VIN came in. Looks like 2021 with the MF, but I don't give a damn.

In NJ and had a narrowed 11/7 - 11/17 date. I'll skip my workout tonight and have a few drinks :). This board has been awesome for the moral support over the past 9 months.
Seven days later I received the scheduled delivery text and email. I set it for 11/20 and I'm working with my car shop to schedule wheels, full ceramic, PFF, etc...this has been a long time coming!

I checked with my contact yesterday (11/8) and was told my build date shifted to today (11/9). I plan to check with him tomorrow to see if my car was actually built and if he has any more info on the VIN model year.
Finally received a VIN today, MF455. I was hoping for a 2022 but I'm just glad I passed another hurdle in this journey. I have no qualms about accepting a 2021 model, especially since I suspect 2022 VINs won't start coming off the line until Dec / Jan as a few others speculated.