Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went from Dec 6-23 to Jan 18 - Feb 21. June 1 order 1150. Blue/white/19. And here I was reading some posts and thinking maybe they’ll call me in November and deliver early. Doh, I’m a blockhead. Oh well, at least I’ll get a 2022.
I’m predicting I’ll be joining you shortly. I hope we at least get usb-c and qi charging.

My EDD was pushed back this morning from 12/13-1/2 to 1/29-2/26. Womp womp
Update on my EDD being pushed back. Spoke to a Jose about 20-30 minutes ago and some potentially good news....I am apparently going to get a VIN assignment sometime next week starting this Sunday! Not holding my breath but we will see! Starting to get a little tingle down there in that area....o_O

Update on my EDD being pushed back. Spoke to a Jose about 20-30 minutes ago and some potentially good news....I am apparently going to get a VIN assignment sometime next week starting this Sunday! Not holding my breath but we will see! Starting to get a little tingle down there in that area....o_O
I wonder why Jose thought that. Why would your EDD get pushed back and suddenly the call center dude sees a vin will show up 4 days from now? Don’t put too much faith into this.

I wonder why Jose thought that. Why would your EDD get pushed back and suddenly the call center dude sees a vin will show up 4 days from now? Don’t put too much faith into this.
I'm certainly not, however he told me even though I'm seeing that 1/26-2/23 date he sees that on the factory back end that my VIN is going to be assigned this coming week, starting Sunday. I have his email too as I will likely communicate with him from here on out. The reason for the call was to potentially look for another Model S to take delivery but after he saw that, he told me to hold tight and I will see a VIN soon. Like I said, we'll see!

Pickup date tentatively scheduled for Sunday, November 21st at 12PM. Currently sitting in Mesquite, Texas. Pickup date likely get moved, the chief told me about social plans I seemingly forgot about Sunday. Whoops. So probably move to Monday. Makes no difference to me, car is going to sit in my garage for a week and a half until PPF, tint and ceramic coating. One more night is fine.

Wait what?!?!??! I have the exact same delivery dates as you. Don't get my hopes up!!!!

Sent this email to my SA: “I’m sorry that I haven’t stopped by lately. I love it when we say things like, “chip shortage” and “soft match” to each other and I realize that you must miss me and our deep conversations but I’ve been too busy lately to see you. It’s not you, it’s me.

Anyway, I hope my car comes soon because I picked up this convertible (there was an attached image of a donkey pulling a cart) to span the gap between my lease and when my care arrives but it’s starting to get cold and I can’t figure out how the top works. My estimated date moved again so I’ll try to stop by one more time before the snow hits and my mule goes to pasture but I can’t promise anything. Hope that you’re well!”

This was part of the reply: “LOL, your estimated build date is around ~11/24. Obviously we both know that means pretty much nothing so I wasn’t going to update you until your car actually left the factory.”

Sent this email to my SA: “I’m sorry that I haven’t stopped by lately. I love it when we say things like, “chip shortage” and “soft match” to each other and I realize that you must miss me and our deep conversations but I’ve been too busy lately to see you. It’s not you, it’s me.

Anyway, I hope my car comes soon because I picked up this convertible (there was an attached image of a donkey pulling a cart) to span the gap between my lease and when my care arrives but it’s starting to get cold and I can’t figure out how the top works. My estimated date moved again so I’ll try to stop by one more time before the snow hits and my mule goes to pasture but I can’t promise anything. Hope that you’re well!”

This was part of the reply: “LOL, your estimated build date is around ~11/24. Obviously we both know that means pretty much nothing so I wasn’t going to update you until your car actually left the factory.”
How did you get in touch with your SA in the first place? Call the delivery center near you?

Last edited:
It finally happened 😀!!!!!!!
No text ,no email, it just showed up. MF VIN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-221647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-221647_Chrome.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 59

Pretty funny. FWIW my SA is in Springfield, a really great guy, and he was upfront about Tesla not telling them anything, so he didn’t know. He also showed me his computer screen for my order. Almost through I saw a graphic of a cricket.

i hate the crap the company puts us through, but my guy was a great, decent guy. Not his fault if he can’t get info, and I appreciate he doesn’t b.s.
that doesn’t mean I can’t make fun of SA’s in general in the posts, but at least one SA in NeW Jersey is a peach.

got my detail appt set for 11/30. this thing better come on the 28th hah.

@MFrunkerOG did you
What tires are you going with?
Got the Michelin pilot Sport 4 all seasons yesterday. I got some aftermarket 20” wheels - same wheel width as OEM, but 265 in the front, 295 in the back.

Now this may be premature feedback, but the car’s stability control isn’t kicking in as much as with the stock pirellis. I could feel the pirelli’s slipping a bit and the car compensating, but not happening with the Michelin all seasons. The Michelins are a little bit noisier though. To be expected - the pirellis had that noise canceling stuff in them

Last edited: