Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are supposed to deliver mine tomorrow, roughly nine months after the estimated delivery date of February/March that they gave when they sold me the car in January. The car had better be pristine or I am sending it back. Elon and Tesla disgust me.
Dude. If you are disgusted why are you getting this car? Your hate is overwhelming there's no way you're going to enjoy having it. Why put yourself through this miserable experience?

They are supposed to deliver mine tomorrow, roughly nine months after the estimated delivery date of February/March that they gave when they sold me the car in January. The car had better be pristine or I am sending it back. Elon and Tesla disgust me.
Cannot wait to see the photos and hear how delivery goes. Make sure you hand deliver the class action paperwork - shows you mean business. Or ship it, back with the car - ‘ATTN: Elon’

Why bother? If you’re paying any attention at all you know the car will not be pristine.

Life is short. Don’t put yourself in situations where you are guaranteed to be unhappy.

It has to be delivered with it on, but I removed mine today. Didn't even need to heat it, just used fishing line and it sliced right through the 3m tape. Pulled right off after that and the remainder was easy to roll off with my finger. A little wax got the last little bit! Took 10 min.
Congratulations on your car! Although we need a photo :)

Dude. If you are disgusted why are you getting this car? Your hate is overwhelming there's no way you're going to enjoy having it. Why put yourself through this miserable experience?
I think they were going to file a class action lawsuit for something. I can’t remember why since “they lied to me about my ESTIMATED delivery date” sounds like a certain loss and a tremendous waste of legal expense. Maybe using the delivery experience as more evidence for something? No clue.

I’m guessing we will see a few more posts like “the car sucks but I’m keeping it” or “the delivery experience was garbage”

Make sure you sign that waiver when you take delivery so we can finally put this class action BS to bed...

Congratulations on your car! Although we need a photo :)
image000001.jpg
20211127_110933.jpg
image000000.jpg

You already have FSD beta? The one that is city driving? You typically have to earn it. By getting a safe driving score.
Agreed. How did you already get the beta @Btrflyl8e ?

You usually won’t just get it because you paid for FSD. You have to ‘request’ and then drive like a granny for a week to get your safety score. No issue though, LR is the granny edition. Two engines and all. No carbon fiber.

Agreed. How did you already get the beta @Btrflyl8e ?

You usually won’t just get it because you paid for FSD. You have to ‘request’ and then drive like a granny for a week to get your safety score. No issue though, LR is the granny edition. Two engines and all. No carbon fiber.
You are right, I hadn't yet "requested" it.

I might request it in a few weeks. But I want to enjoy the car without the fear of FAD beta being revoked. Luckily you can go in and out of the beta software by emailing the program.
I'll request it. It will keep me out of the triple digits. One of us in this house is happy about that. Here's a hint, it's not me.

I might request it in a few weeks. But I want to enjoy the car without the fear of FSD beta being revoked. Luckily you can go in and out of the beta software by emailing the program.
You can turn it off and on in the car once you're in the program. I'm not sure if they'd revoke it if you have it turned off. I think the only way they revoke it is if you're using autopilot and not watching/touching the wheel often and it locks you out of autopilot. (Not FSD)
My wife will not use FSD and rarely uses autopilot. FSD isn't even enabled on her driver profile.

You can turn it off and on in the car once you're in the program. I'm not sure if they'd revoke it if you have it turned off. I think the only way they revoke it is if you're using autopilot and not watching/touching the wheel often and it locks you out of autopilot. (Not FSD)
My wife will not use FSD and rarely uses autopilot. FSD isn't even enabled on her driver profile.
Only issue with that option is that I have read with FSD beta being turned off via the software is non-FSD beta (autopilot) has some degradation from the updated FSD beta software. Obviously, no first-hand experience. Just do not want to mess with non-FSD beta functionality.