Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only issue with that option is that I have read with FSD beta being turned off via the software is non-FSD beta (autopilot) has some degradation from the updated FSD beta software. Obviously, no first-hand experience. Just do not want to mess with non-FSD beta functionality.
Oh that makes sense. My wife has a model Y with radar, but this beta version of fsd makes the autopilot vision only. It works pretty well, but I do notice more phantom braking and when a car in front of you is keeping your speed lower, then when it speeds up, the tesla takes a lot longer to pick up its own speed and the gap is pretty large.

Ouch
Did they call or text you this news?
Got a text yesterday. I wanted to write ... Are you f'ing with me... Lol. Sucks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-081544.png
    Screenshot_20211128-081544.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 117
Happy final week! You will generally be unable to think of anything else or be productive in any way for this week. Don’t ask me how I know :)
I'll believe it when it's sitting in my garage with the front license plate holder removed haha 😂 gonna be a long 6 days for sure.

I'll believe it when it's sitting in my garage with the front license plate holder removed haha 😂 gonna be a long 6 days for sure.
That’s not how the story ends!

There will be days when it’s back at the service center for something stupid that the manufacturing process / inspection should have caught!

There will be days when it’s gone again for things like tinting, ppf, ceramic… all those days will be just as irritating!

Don’t ask me how I know :)

There will be days when it’s gone again for things like tinting, ppf, ceramic… those days will be just as irritating!

Haha. Yea. I wish I could have held my original detail appt. Gonna be even worse after driving her for a week then giving it up on 12/13 to go back to driving a MY for a few days.

I'll also be doing videos of a teardown of the front dash as I put in my xkglow which should be fun. Maybe I'll do that in the weekend between delivery and PPF. Lots of little projects planned... Gonna drive my better half crazy 🤣

There will be days when it’s back at the service center for something stupid that the manufacturing process / inspection should have caught!

There will be days when it’s gone again for things like tinting, ppf, ceramic… all those days will be just as irritating!

I am about to start the week long PPF and tinting waiting window. Though admittedly, the car has not moved since I brought it home Monday.

I am about to start the week long PPF and tinting waiting window. Though admittedly, the car has not moved since I brought it home Monday.
Week long? Shouldn’t take more than 3 days max - day 1 prep, Decon, clay, polish… day 2 window tint, second half day 2 and day 3 - ppf

Also car has not moved? What’s wrong with you!!!

I bet you've sat in it quite a lot though, if you are anything like me ;)
The morning after delivery I made my coffee in a to go cup with a lid (less chance of spilling), and went out in my pj's to go through some settings. I got the slow head shake with eye roll when I came back in. I'm used to it, though.

I also have PPF & tint scheduled for Monday with a 3 - 5 day wait. I wasn’t planning to drive my car before the appointment but I learned from DragTimes that it only takes 100 miles with a 98+ safety score over a 7 day period to get into the beta.

I made it a point to drive 100 miles late at night on clean roads to avoid rock debris and get my score up. I’m hoping that after I pick my car up Wednesday / Thursday I’ll have the FSD beta invite waiting for me.

Week long? Shouldn’t take more than 3 days max - day 1 prep, Decon, clay, polish… day 2 window tint, second half day 2 and day 3 - ppf

Also car has not moved? What’s wrong with you!!!
Well. Sorry, also including a two layer ceramic coat exterior and a doors / dash ceramic coat on the interior. It will probably be done Saturday, but they will let it sit Sunday and Monday to cure.

I know, I know. Still at the low, low mileage of 24. It’s killing me to not drive it. I will basically live in it when I finally get it back.

INTERIOR ceramic coating? Whaaat? What surfaces can they put that on? Most things are matte plastic or fuzzy fabric.

For the seats. I did that treatment on my M3 and I will definitely be doing it again when I get my S. Makes the seats that much easier to clean, especially if you get any dye transfer or if you have kids and/or pets