Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Plaid model S yesterday. I found a couple issues with dirt in the paint and some panel gaps were pretty large. The rear driver seat back leather seemed like it was loose and a bit wavy. I was just hoping that it'd get lucky and not have any issues, but it did. Of course they told me just to setup an appointment for the service center to fix the issues. I'm having PPF put on it after only driving 1 mile at normal speeds. The PPF place will do some paint correction where it needs. I setup a service appointment to work on some of the gaps and the back seat. Has anyone had success with the service center being able to fix the leather issue?
Here's a quick pic and of the seat issue.
View attachment 739906

View attachment 739907
Many have reported wrinkles (although mostly in the front seats, not the rear bench). The fix is to swap the seat - the service center cannot repair it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’ve now entered the next stage of Tesla customer life. I went from pleasantly excited, to annoyingly delayed, to now frustratingly grumpy with Tesla’s lack of communication or updates. My SA won’t respond and I wonder why I’m giving so much of my hard earned money to this company.

I’ll get over it, I know. But I’m there.
The juice is worth the squeeze apparently? Unfortunately there’s nothing close for price/performance that matches the MSLR atm, especially once you factor in the supercharger network. I’d be all over the Audio ETron GT if it were 20k cheaper and had about 100mi more range. I don’t know what the deal is with the white on white MSLR’s, but they’re taking their sweet time with them, I’m on EDD change #19, hoping it doesn’t go to #20.

I picked up my Plaid model S yesterday. I found a couple issues with dirt in the paint and some panel gaps were pretty large. The rear driver seat back leather seemed like it was loose and a bit wavy. I was just hoping that it'd get lucky and not have any issues, but it did. Of course they told me just to setup an appointment for the service center to fix the issues. I'm having PPF put on it after only driving 1 mile at normal speeds. The PPF place will do some paint correction where it needs. I setup a service appointment to work on some of the gaps and the back seat. Has anyone had success with the service center being able to fix the leather issue?
Here's a quick pic and of the seat issue.
View attachment 739906

View attachment 739907

Sounds like all of the black on white builds have these issues. Steam might work on the seat. I agree probably needs replacement. I think that's why white was taking so long, probably an issue with manufacture. I have seen cream and black cars and don't think it's common on those interiors.

Good luck and enjoy!

The fun part is at delivery they told me "welcome to the Tesla family!" and I'm thinking....hmmm....... can't even tell you how many I have had over the years but thanks!

I’ve now entered the next stage of Tesla customer life. I went from pleasantly excited, to annoyingly delayed, to now frustratingly grumpy with Tesla’s lack of communication or updates. My SA won’t respond and I wonder why I’m giving so much of my hard earned money to this company.

While I feel your frustration, it’s hard to feel sorry for you when you’ve been waiting three months less than I have for the car. There are many here who have been waiting much longer than I have.

Well, ordered a full month after me almost and have an EDD a month before as mine is stretching into February now so don't be too annoyed, apparently we have to earn our LRMS's with white interior by getting our EDDs pushed a couple times right before you hit your EDD range...

Hey now! My range just jumped from Jan 7 to Feb 4 to Dec 17 to Dec 30. This feels more positive than any adjustment that’s happen since I ordered.
Sweet! Giving me hope that my Jan 9 to Feb 6 date will jump back to end of year/quarter too! The SA said he showed December still but the app for me showed Jan/Feb so I don't know who to trust.

This is great. But after reading a ton of positive reviews? STILL not seeing anyone saying "the lack of ability to activate the horn via airbag is an improvement/step up/step forwards".
Always something to improve!
I will say, I have not yet had a “panic” moment where I needed to honk the horn quickly. However, the layout is not very confusing and an ordinary horn honk is quite effortless.
I do agree that pressing the airbag area would still be the best option.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Are you doing the trade-in through Tesla or privately? If through Tesla, can they process the trade-in while it is in service? Car is already there, they can inspect it, yada yada. And then when they get a battery, they just put it into inventory or whatever.
My car was in service when I did my trade-in. That should not delay anything. Get your new car!

Here yah go. Here's some white interior love.

Disregard any droplets you see. It's the ceramic coating. Took these while waiting to dry hah

Attachments

• PXL_20211204_040420029.jpg
    PXL_20211204_040420029.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20211204_040411275.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211204_040411275.MP.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20211204_040347825.jpg
    PXL_20211204_040347825.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20211204_040338777.jpg
    PXL_20211204_040338777.jpg