Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, back on the waiting list or off to a taycan. Went to see the car in the sun today, dirt in the paint on the drivers door, it’s small but I won’t accept it. It will create a bump when wrapped with ppf and drive me nuts.

Oh well, not sure what to do.

Really disappointed that it has to be like this, I kinda understood it when I bought my first S back in 2015, although that car was great gap and paint-wise. And, as Tesla grew I guess I excused stuff, but at this point in time and price point it’s really not acceptable.

I’m a huge Tesla fan and have referred more than I can count so surprised to be thinking like this but I just can’t believe how sloppy the cars have become.

I took a look at 6 other plaids today and only one was acceptable and that was relative to the others, but even the one had some panel gaps there were not great.

I’ll try again, but also thinking about putting a deposit down on a taycan gts that my local dealer has available but it’s not going to on the lot until April. I know the taycan is behind on tech, charge network limitations etc, but the bike quality is exceptional.

Am I crazy, overreacting out of frustration?? What should I do?
My Plaid has a paint defect that the SA found 1 hour before delivery. He said it will take up to 2 weeks to respray the rear hatch and nearby areas. They wouldn't let me take delivery before it's fixed.

Hearing the news was a kick in the balls, but the new delivery date is tomorrow and I hope there are no other issues. Given my experience, if you're ok waiting, ask them to fix it.

My friend has a Tycan and they're not that much better. Spent weeks in the service center, long wait to get one, and the battery issue rumours are scary.

IMG_6877.jpg

i'm still not finalzing dcu. i'm still at 12/25 - 12/31 and will be away - so unless it is available LATER than 12/29 or so I lose the car, and hope to be matched quickly. I also think without a VIN by 12/15 there is no way it can reach NJ by 12/31 - so I'm hopeful for an early January delivery - that would be ideal and now I am fantasizing that there is a SLIGHT chance of some federal tax something or other for 2022 - to me worth pushing the car a day or two into January.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Pushed back to 1/7-2/4. Pissed, can't push my lease out anymore. Going to look at taycans this weekend
I don't blame you for being pissed... That's a long time to wait!

Seems like all of us who ordered Black/White MSLRs have nearly the same EDDs (Jan/Feb), even those of us who ordered much later than you. I ordered on 6/28 and my EDD is 1/16 - 2/13. Must be a batch of Black/White cars planned for late December/early January. Hope Tesla stays on schedule with that!

I got moved forward this morning along with everyone else who posted. Been sitting at Feb4-Mar4 for over a month, today I got Jan20-Feb17.

LR MSM/White/21/FSD/RN1149 in South FL. Ordered in May then updated to white interior in June.
Your definitely being treated as a June order, when did you make that white interior change - later June? Seems so.

Seeing a bunch of other configs (non-white interior) in WA state getting pushed back deep into Q1, albeit many ordered in June/July time frame but somehow had an EDD of Dec.

Your RN#, config, and EDD worries me and makes me think that my Dec 31 - Jan 28 timeline isn't real...
You'll probably be fine. You're in range of the area that get EOQ push

I just received a call and I was matched with a Tesla and got VIN assigned. Original EDD was 12/20 - 12/31; My EDD has changed to 12/12 - 12/16.
They are actually moving fast for me since the moment I got my VIN on sunday. Delivery date was scheduled today for Wednesday. Got a call saying I can't pick it up on Wednesday but they can drop it off at my home. I'll get to inspect the car, if I accept the delivery, I can unlock the car. They give 100 miles if I need to fix anything, I just need to schedule it with service.

I've been carless for 6-7 months, so hopefully I have a dang car now.

Mine has about 7-8 obvious paint defects. It’s pathetic for any car, let alone one for $150kish

don't accept it. take the emotion out of it. took me all night to convince myself to deny it because of the issues on mine. glad i did, i won't have regrets later.

everyone is different, but i won't take a new car that has paint work done it. too many reasons to list but i just won't do it. some don't mind, and that fine.

just make sure you think about how you will feel about it once the "new" factor has worn off.