Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has about 7-8 obvious paint defects. It’s pathetic for any car, let alone one for $150kish
don't accept it. take the emotion out of it. took me all night to convince myself to deny it because of the issues on mine. glad i did, i won't have regrets later.

everyone is different, but i won't take a new car that has paint work done it. too many reasons to list but i just won't do it. some don't mind, and that fine.

just make sure you think about how you will feel about it once the "new" factor has worn off.
You can also accept it and have them fix it. The SA can book the work on the spot, during pickup inspection.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I've been told it's not really possible to fix paint, at least not to brand new factory standards. But then again Tesla factory paint isn't very good so?
Of course, it is. The final paint is thicker (300+ micros after respray, ~150 microns from the factory), but to the human eye, it looks no different than the factory coat. Here's a good video on it, specifically at 4:25

Ordered in DEC2020, delivery OCT2021. Took so long I almost canceled. White/White LR. $3000 discount for ordering before refresh, originally ordered black INT, car delivered w white INT, no complaints. $88K OTD. NRE rims, tinted, lowering links on the way. Best car I’ve ever owned by more than far. You all will be very happy!!!
E84763E4-6F22-400B-89B8-3BEA93DA57C6.jpeg

86FA3FF3-419C-4417-9B96-C51D44361ED1.jpeg

86FA3FF3-419C-4417-9B96-C51D44361ED1.jpeg
E84763E4-6F22-400B-89B8-3BEA93DA57C6.jpeg

guys I am a RN 1149 midwest and have been pushed from dec to jan/feb two weeks ago, Let us hope we wont get pushed back further. my SA said something of an internal date of mid jan for arrival. So hopefully if true vin should come sometime end of month
I've gone to my SA every time my EDD changes and each time it's the same response of seeing something in their system that says it's "close to those dates". I wouldn't put any faith into what the SA says because it will almost always (maybe there are edge use cases) change when the EDD updates.