Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in DEC2020, delivery OCT2021. Took so long I almost canceled. White/White LR. $3000 discount for ordering before refresh, originally ordered black INT, car delivered w white INT, no complaints. $88K OTD. NRE rims, tinted, lowering links on the way. Best car I’ve ever owned by more than far. You all will be very happy!!!
View attachment 744250
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744250
Absolutely Beautiful especially the Wheels! Hey what's that oil drip pan for????:D😂

Another data point - RN 1151, Jul 2 order, Blue/White/21". EDD tightened from Dec 14 - Jan 3 to Dec 17 - Dec 31 (2 week spread)
VIN imminent? :)
I don't think I've seen a single blue/white LR with an NF vin. Seen a couple of Plaids, rest seem to be MF. I have a 4 day spread, and no VIN. Previously I would have thought yours would be imminent.

Ordered in DEC2020, delivery OCT2021. Took so long I almost canceled. White/White LR. $3000 discount for ordering before refresh, originally ordered black INT, car delivered w white INT, no complaints. $88K OTD. NRE rims, tinted, lowering links on the way. Best car I’ve ever owned by more than far. You all will be very happy!!!
View attachment 744250
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744250
I think the rims look great, but what do I know? A lot of folks hate chrome, call it dated, etc. - I even like the 19" rims, so there's that. I think your rims are a nice focal point on the car and help it pop.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just received a text this afternoon from one of the delivery locations saying that my car may arrive soon and whether or not I can accept delivery before EoY. Hmmmm I suppose so (or Hell YES).

I don't have a VIN assigned but this message certainly made me decide to drop everything during the holidays. Perhaps PNW will get some love.
Yes!!!

I think the rims look great, but what do I know? A lot of folks hate chrome, call it dated, etc. - I even like the 19" rims, so there's that. I think your rims are a nice focal point on the car and help it pop.
But those arent chrome. Appear to be silver or hyper silver. Not far off from same color as prior arachnids. I for one like it when folks step away from copying everyone else doing all black wheels trend

I am not sure if this is normal but Tesla just got my hopes up big time. I am exactly 30 days from the beginning of my EDD time frame. I get a call today from Tesla and I am hoping he is about to tell me I am getting my car early. NOPE, he just wanted to call to see if I have any questions. BOO LOL. he did say he doesnt think I will get it early but my EDD should be pretty accurate now.

Received text with VIN (NF461) few minutes back. RN11508, MSLR/Blue/white/19/FSD, June 4th order, modified for interior and exterior colors and other formalities on June 24th.
My edd was Dec 19-31 till 3 days back, changed to Jan 17 -Feb 4, 2 days back and I have a vin today with edd Dec 19-25.

I'm out of country returning to USA on Dec 25 evening. I have to arrange financing hoping I can get a delivery date of Dec 26/27.

After being on slow motion for 6 months, race to get my first Tesla starts.

Received text with VIN (NF461) few minutes back. RN11508, MSLR/Blue/white/19/FSD, June 4th order, modified for interior and exterior colors and other formalities on June 24th.
My edd was Dec 19-31 till 3 days back, changed to Jan 17 -Feb 4, 2 days back and I have a vin today with edd Dec 19-25.

I'm out of country returning to USA on Dec 25 evening. I have to arrange financing hoping I can get a delivery date of Dec 26/27.

After being on slow motion for 6 months, race to get my first Tesla starts.
That's my configuration. Just tell them you'll pass on this one.

They are actually moving fast for me since the moment I got my VIN on sunday. Delivery date was scheduled today for Wednesday. Got a call saying I can't pick it up on Wednesday but they can drop it off at my home. I'll get to inspect the car, if I accept the delivery, I can unlock the car. They give 100 miles if I need to fix anything, I just need to schedule it with service.

I've been carless for 6-7 months, so hopefully I have a dang car now.
I received my car yesterday. I accepted delivery, didn't drive it much yet, they only gave me a 50% charge on the car...

There was some quality issues with a few paint chips on the back bumper, some scratches on windows trim, like dirt footprint on white interior, stains on the interior window panel that won't come out, front door being difficult to close where I have to slam the door. I did schedule an appointment with service to resolve this.

I'll take some photos soon

So, I have a question for those who were regularly checking the Tesla website for their Vin number. If you look on the Tesla app, after it assigned your Vin number, did the Vin number show instead of the RN number without having to click on manage the account? I’ll admit to checking five or six times a day and it would be so much simpler if I know that if it happened it would just show me my Vin number in the app without having to go to the account. First world problems. Seeing June and July orders getting vin numbers makes me believe that when I changed my wheels in June, it changed my order date from March. Only explanation that seems possible.

So, I have a question for those who were regularly checking the Tesla website for their Vin number. If you look on the Tesla app, after it assigned your Vin number, did the Vin number show instead of the RN number without having to click on manage the account? I’ll admit to checking five or six times a day and it would be so much simpler if I know that if it happened it would just show me my Vin number in the app without having to go to the account. First world problems. Seeing June and July orders getting vin numbers makes me believe that when I changed my wheels in June, it changed my order date from March. Only explanation that seems possible.
Yes, you should see the VIN number on the app itself now. I noticed a VIN assigned first through the app.

View attachment 744250
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744251
View attachment 744250
my vin hit today and was visible in the app. But, I first noticed the app looked…different. After checking it probably 200 times or so (seriously) over the past couple or few weeks, compulsively, saw a change, I think it was complete tasks versus “yeah, yeah, we’re working on it). Hang tight!

View attachment 744250

Excuse me, that hangar is WAY TOO CLEAN 😉 What normally lives there? (I assume it's not just for the Tesla ... 🙃)