Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped by to ask about my 1151 LR/Blue/White/19" order that currently has an EDD of 1/9-2/6. The person at Tesla checked a couple of "tools" that he has access to and said I'm currently scheduled to be built on 1/12 and expected delivery was toward the end of January.

They had sold 3 of the 6 inventory Plaids on the lot between yesterday and today and he said he didn't have any concern about selling the other three by EOB today. Didn't even try to encourage me to buy one.

Even though I paused my order for those new parts to make it to production, it doesn't seem like it went into effect yet.

EDD of 1/1 to 1/10 for 1143 Red/White/19/FSD.

Does anyone recall if when they updated those interior parts on 3/Y in 2020 if the lines stopped at all? Or when the headlights updated in 3/Y?

I am skeptical the line will need to stop for a part swap with the only difference being power/data connectors, but I do not expect them to be backward compatible with existing cars so who knows.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Dropped by to ask about my 1151 LR/Blue/White/19" order that currently has an EDD of 1/9-2/6. The person at Tesla checked a couple of "tools" that he has access to and said I'm currently scheduled to be built on 1/12 and expected delivery was toward the end of January.

They had sold 3 of the 6 inventory Plaids on the lot between yesterday and today and he said he didn't have any concern about selling the other three by EOB today. Didn't even try to encourage me to buy one.
Well, unless those three sold but the buyers didnt take delivery, those three (red, Black, blue) are still sitting there for sale right now. That said, I'd be shocked if all three werent gone/sold by say, COB Wednesday. All 3 looked good to me from a glance, but the black one appears to have had some form of PDR done on the passenger side front fender as I can see a distortion of sorts in the metal where its been reworked at some point. Not a drastic defect but on black paint imperfections show up in a very obvious manner

Im still at jan 10 through feb 7 for my 1151

Last edited:
What’s your RN#? Mine is 1148 and I’m currently scheduled for Jan - Feb….not that an earlier order is given any priority.
I am RN11461XXX. On 12/20 I was told to renew my financing with an EDD of 12/28-12/31. Cannot get much closer to a narrow EDD than that I thought. Stupid me. No VIN and now I am 1/16-2/13. I had rejected the thought that they prioritized those who bought after the price increases but now that is the only thing that makes sense. I see others who had VIN numbers, which then got cancelled. Until there are key fobs in my hands, I won't believe it. Sad when talking about a $106K purchase (with tax).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, unless those three sold but the buyers didnt take delivery, those three (red, Black, blue) are still sitting there for sale right now. That said, I'd be shocked if all three werent gone/sold by say, COB Wednesday. All 3 looked good to me from a glance, but the black one appears to have had some form of PDR done on the passenger side front fender as I can see a distortion of sorts in the metal where its been reworked at some point. Not a drastic defect but on black paint imperfections show up in a very obvious manner

Im still at jan 10 through feb 7 for my 1151
Lends credence to what has been written about Tesla no longer maniacally chasing quarter-end goals.