Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd pop back in and see how many new names I see waiting. And to tell you that after 2 months and almost 4,000 miles... it is definitely worth the wait. Mine took 9 months and 5 days and is my third Model S (2013 60kwh, 2016 90D, 2021 LR).

This one is like a totally different car. I'm not sad that I had to wait extra time for the white interior back when that was causing a delay. It truly takes my breath away every time I open the door.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not, as far as I'm know, been disclosed when these will be rolled out in the US market, so I don't understand how you can tell someone they will definitely get the new lights.
We'll just have to wait and see. I've talked to a number of folks with supposedly inside sources, but who really knows. Just trying to give this guy a little bright-side to look forward to

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
STOP WITH THE DAMN OPTIMISM. It just gets hopes up. There have been people here who postponed deliveries based upon these unsubstantiated rumors.

Here is some negativity! I like how it was said, "But you’ll definitely get the new lights if that’s a thing." We have seen no evidence it is a thing. I've seen the line in action. I cannot believe it needed to be reconfigured for different headlights or taillights and I cannot imagine they would update headlights or tail lights in a way that would require either the hood bumper assembly or the rear hatch and rear quarterpanels to be reconfigured. These will be new lights in the same sized housings. And even if some modifications were made, by now we would have seen evidence of such changes from more than a month ago.

Other optimists have told people that a narrowing EDD range means something. BULL! And as for inside sources, well, I've been waiting 11 months for the car and the name I was given for a loyalty advisor didn't bother to return my voicemail. My insiders (albeit in a different division) tell me they will have someone call and no one calls. Still nothing but pushed back dates multiple times upon entering the EDD range.

The cars apparently come RANDOMLY, or when someone else passes on a car due to apparent flaws. I did not believe it before, but it does seem true that if you have an older order and got a good deal compared to today's pricing they are in no hurry to get you the car.

STOP WITH THE DAMN OPTIMISM. It just gets hopes up. There have been people here who postponed deliveries based upon these unsubstantiated rumors.

Here is some negativity! I like how it was said, "But you’ll definitely get the new lights if that’s a thing." We have seen no evidence it is a thing. I've seen the line in action. I cannot believe it needed to be reconfigured for different headlights or taillights and I cannot imagine they would update headlights or tail lights in a way that would require either the hood bumper assembly or the rear hatch and rear quarterpanels to be reconfigured. These will be new lights in the same sized housings. And even if some modifications were made, by now we would have seen evidence of such changes from more than a month ago.

Other optimists have told people that a narrowing EDD range means something. BULL! And as for inside sources, well, I've been waiting 11 months for the car and the name I was given for a loyalty advisor didn't bother to return my voicemail. My insiders (albeit in a different division) tell me they will have someone call and no one calls. Still nothing but pushed back dates multiple times upon entering the EDD range.

The cars apparently come RANDOMLY, or when someone else passes on a car due to apparent flaws. I did not believe it before, but it does seem true that if you have an older order and got a good deal compared to today's pricing they are in no hurry to get you the car.
I would be surly if I were you too. Are you the lowest RN not to have gotten a VIN yet?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Good points. Always good to take everything with a dose of skepticism. I'm hopeful they are coming soon (and 99% sure we'll hear about it in the first half of this year), but schedules always change, and this could always be pushed pack a month or so.

Reactions: paulchou