Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my NF471 tomorrow. Really going back and forth regarding rejecting for headlights. Like others I prefer the old rear look but am worried about the poorly rated headlights. I currently drive a GLS daily with matrix multi beam that are enabled so I’m used to that type of dynamic lighting.
If it was me, I would be too worried to pass, could be months and months of waiting.

I've now had the car for 3,000 miles. I have no idea why anyone dislikes the headlights. In fact, I've come to believe that a few things that YouTubers told me was a problem were actually more like the only thing they could come up with to bitch about... to give their videos some drama.

So far here are my problems with my car. The panel gaps weren't great. Tesla fixed it. I don't know how to find Caraoke and I wish, wait. That's it. I just drove from NJ to GA and back. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had a few good ones. So again, if the internet didnt tell me the headlights were a problem I would have no way to know that.

I've now had the car for 3,000 miles. I have no idea why anyone dislikes the headlights. In fact, I've come to believe that a few things that YouTubers told me was a problem were actually more like the only thing they could come up with to bitch about... to give their videos some drama.

So far here are my problems with my car. The panel gaps weren't great. Tesla fixed it. I don't know how to find Caraoke and I wish, wait. That's it. I just drove from NJ to GA and back. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned and I've had a few good ones. So again, if the internet didnt tell me the headlights were a problem I would have no way to know that.

I cant wait until I have 3000 Miles on my car, *sugar* i cant wait until i have 3 miles on my car. Good to hear all of these "big things" are really meaningless as i expected.

Do you live somewhere without street lights? I do and I find the low beams to be pretty bad. This is made worse by the fact that often the auto high beams don't come on/stay on consistently on my street even though there's no oncoming traffic.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Do you live somewhere without street lights? I do and I find the low beams to be pretty bad. This is made worse by the fact that often the auto high beams don't come on/stay on consistently on my street even though there's no oncoming traffic.
I don't notice a problem around town (mostly lit). I did notice the auto high beams not coming on at some moments at home but they were active on my recent fifteen hour drive on I95.

Long time, no see! I am back in the queue after removing my hold. Obviously TBD on EDD since I am just re-entering, but I'd guess I am the only unfulfilled 1143 order nowadays... so we shall see.

Apologies in advance for booting someone back in line, hope it isn't anyone here going for a LR/Red/White/19 build. :p

I cant wait until I have 3000 Miles on my car, *sugar* i cant wait until i have 3 miles on my car. Good to hear all of these "big things" are really meaningless as i expected.
I'm honestly pretty surprised you don't have a VIN by now, @2MuchLala! I know you ordered before me with the exact same configuration (except for the FSD). My car is in Chicago right now I think, waiting to be trucked down to KC tomorrow. I'm scheduled to pick it up on Friday at lunchtime.

A part of me envies you, though, as I'm sure you'll be one of the first to receive the updated Matrix headlights, and I'll be one of the very last ones to receive the "pre-updated" MS with the older lights. But I'm very happy to be receiving my car this week, and there will always be cool things on the horizon with Tesla. I honestly never had a problem with the lights in my 2020 MS, and I do kind of like the distinctive styling of the current rear end.

Your EDD is coming soon, I'm sure!

I'm honestly pretty surprised you don't have a VIN by now, @2MuchLala! I know you ordered before me with the exact same configuration (except for the FSD). My car is in Chicago right now I think, waiting to be trucked down to KC tomorrow. I'm scheduled to pick it up on Friday at lunchtime.

A part of me envies you, though, as I'm sure you'll be one of the first to receive the updated Matrix headlights, and I'll be one of the very last ones to receive the "pre-updated" MS with the older lights. But I'm very happy to be receiving my car this week, and there will always be cool things on the horizon with Tesla. I honestly never had a problem with the lights in my 2020 MS, and I do kind of like the distinctive styling of the current rear end.

Your EDD is coming soon, I'm sure!
Definitely happy for you. We ordered around the same time. I’m just impatient lol

wait there are supposed to be llights at the foot wells? LOL i don't have that. I had it in my model 3 but not on my S.
Yes, there definitely is. Don't mind my reindeer slippers...

7085FC92-DD28-4C2A-9B35-5F0F7B0D3FC5.jpeg

Took delivery today! The process was pretty smooth, SA took my checks and had me mark car as accepted after my exterior inspection (minor hood misalignment) then said I can do any other inspection I wanted and as long as I didn't drive it he could reverse the acceptance if needed. Didn't find any issues in the interior other than the usual missing trunk parts (service appointment already scheduled) and a little bit of glue stuck to the alcantara (or whatever material the black cloth trim is above the doors). Another SA helped with that, she ran in the back, got some glue solvent and soaked the spot for about 10 minutes while I did my interior inspection and setup.

Drove straight to the PPF/Tint shop were they found one minor hiccup (not really visible but apparent to touch) on the trunk but everything else looked good in their initial inspection.

First drive was in some ways terrifying getting used to one-pedal driving on busy South FL roads but also extremely enjoyable as the car is a joy to drive. I didn't hear any rattling or get any shaking but I also didn't do any hard acceleration as I kept it in chill mode for the first ride. I will say the interior was very quiet and the sound system is pretty damn good.

Thanks for all the support over the months, for the rest of us still waiting, hang in there!