Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y headliner color mismatch and slight dents on doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up MY 2021 LR, MSM, Black Interior, FSD on 10/23 in Southern California, VIN ending 63XXX.

Good news is that I have laminated glass in the front doors, so must have made the cut! Overall fit and finish and seems acceptable but there were some cosmetic issues (with a service appointment set for next week with photos of obvious problems):
  • I noticed that the headliner seemed darker than interior photos of other MY's. This would have been fine, but the fabric on the A-pillar seem so much lighter... is this normal for all MYs or a change in 2021? (see first photo)
  • After washing the car, I noticed very small dings on both front doors near the handles... very difficult to photograph, but you can tell if you see reflections on the surface and move around it. I'm not sure if this is "within specs" or if they will be willing to fix them. I was planning to get ceramic coating on the car and I'm assuming they will be more noticeable after ceramic coating. Maybe this is common issue with Teslas?
Other minor issues include paint overspray below headlight, white spec and cloudy spot on paint that doesn't come out, tiny paint bubbles , scratches on plastic behind passenger seat, gap at one side of rear bumper, and misc. plastic trim misalignments. I'm assuming most of these can be fixed during my service appointment?

I'm still loving the car and plan to upgrade with aftermarket wheels soon. Any insight or comments on above issues would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 1headliner.jpg
    1headliner.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 2door dings.jpg
    2door dings.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 3headlight.jpg
    3headlight.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 4white spec.jpg
    4white spec.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 5cloudy spot on paint.jpg
    5cloudy spot on paint.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 6paint bubble.jpg
    6paint bubble.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 7seat scratch.jpg
    7seat scratch.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 8bumper.jpg
    8bumper.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 9trim gaps.jpg
    9trim gaps.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 135
They should fix the bumper gap and the trim gaps. Others I am not so sure. It will take a while if they have to get any body-panel repainted and you will be without a car for that long. There is also a risk of uneven paint matching after they have done that as well.

headliner - you may get a 'within spec' for this
door dings - see above about painting. If they can do a paintless dent repair, that would be good.
cloudy spot - I think this can be fixed easily