Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see any 2021 VINs assigned for the Model Y performance and haven't seen any deliveries elsewhere either. I ordered in September with a 4-8 week window which was shortly moved to 5-9 weeks and is now unknown.

Really excited for the car, and hoping the delay means some fancy updates..but patience is challenging.

Waiting on a MYP as well in Atlanta, GA. MSM, black interior, no tow, no FSD. I ordered on September 9 but eligible to VIN match on October 12. I received a 5-9 week delivery timeline on October 12 but also noticed the timeline has been removed from the order screen on Tesla.com in the last 48 hours or so. Not sure what that means for orders which were already in the pipeline. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I can only hope we get something special. Maybe the performance will get the newer cells in the battery pack. (Not the battery day cells but the improved chemistry Panasonic’s).

Or maybe a new performance motor set is being produced but not done yet that is more efficient to bring all ranges closer together.

I ordered a red MYP with white interior on Aug 18 and completed loan information on sep 2. Still waiting for a VIN. Was told by SA that my configuration was to complete production by 10/28 but haven’t received VIN so far and no other updates

Let’s hope something special is coming! I’ve read that eastern US deliveries occur mid quarter, so maybe that’s the case? You’d think we’d still get a VIN match though. I feel it’s kind of wrong to keep us Performance folks in the dark, and if they truly are having an issue that a courtesy email should at least come out. It’s just good business practice to do so. Some of us have trade in offers that need to be refreshed every 30 days, and if those offer valuations go down then it could be disastrous for us; not to mention the financing recheck every 30 days too. They need to communicate with us better, and stop the assumptions and guessing. Clearly the Long Range versions aren’t having any issues, so what’s the issue with ours?

I received this reply from my local Tesla Store when asking about my ETA and the pulled MYP timeline:

Hello,

Our current estimates for your Model Y is that your vehicle should arrive to Carlsbad the week of November 16. While the estimates are pretty accurate, the factory can move things forward or backwards based on production and transport changes.

Regards,

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]

I ordered 10/7. Before ordering the ETA was 3-7 and then displayed 5-9 when I actually placed the order. FWIW.

I received this reply from my local Tesla Store when asking about my ETA and the pulled MYP timeline:

Hello,

Our current estimates for your Model Y is that your vehicle should arrive to Carlsbad the week of November 16. While the estimates are pretty accurate, the factory can move things forward or backwards based on production and transport changes.

Regards,

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]

I ordered 10/7. Before ordering the ETA was 3-7 and then displayed 5-9 when I actually placed the order. FWIW.

Interesting. I was told something similar via phone today when I called to ask about the delivery timeline for my MYP. I was told the end of the delivery timeline, based on my order date of October 12 is November 18. This information was provided to me after I pressed them up about the timeline being removed from the Tesla website. We'll see what happens.

I was also told mine would be delivered by the 13th so we will see at this point it could go either for me I just hope it shows up without issues and on time don't want to pull the plug but I cant wait past the given time line either.