Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this reply from my local Tesla Store when asking about my ETA and the pulled MYP timeline:

Hello,

Our current estimates for your Model Y is that your vehicle should arrive to Carlsbad the week of November 16. While the estimates are pretty accurate, the factory can move things forward or backwards based on production and transport changes.

Regards,

Tesla Carlsbad Delivery Team

3248 Lionshead Ave, Carlsbad CA 92010

p. 760.305.4041 Option 4 | [email protected]

I ordered 10/7. Before ordering the ETA was 3-7 and then displayed 5-9 when I actually placed the order. FWIW.

When did you order yours? I ordered my MYP on Sept 26 (to be picked up in Carlsbad as well) but I haven't gotten anything from anyone yet.

My original reservation was from wayyyyy back the on hour the Model Y was opened for reservation. I didn’t actually order my Model Y Performance until October 16th because I kept delaying my delivery since March of this year. I wonder if I’ll get mine any sooner than anyone else seeing as how I’ve been delayed since March of 2020? It is what it is whenever I get it, but still curious if they deliver based upon actual reservation number.

My original reservation was from wayyyyy back the on hour the Model Y was opened for reservation. I didn’t actually order my Model Y Performance until October 16th because I kept delaying my delivery since March of this year. I wonder if I’ll get mine any sooner than anyone else seeing as how I’ve been delayed since March of 2020? It is what it is whenever I get it, but still curious if they deliver based upon actual reservation number.
Why delay?

I can't believe not a single vin issued still
It’s kind of disturbing and alarming, and really makes me wonder what the problem is. Is it a manufacturing issue, parts shortage, change in design, logistics issue, supply versus demand? I wish someone would commit the TRUTH as to what’s going on. It’s unheard of in the automotive industry that a vehicle takes so long to come back online, and not inform its buyers of what the issue is. Give the buyer a chance to make a change to their order, a lot hinges on what we can or cannot do based upon trade ins and financing.

Reactions: Blackmy21
It’s kind of disturbing and alarming, and really makes me wonder what the problem is. Is it a manufacturing issue, parts shortage, change in design, logistics issue, supply versus demand? I wish someone would commit the TRUTH as to what’s going on. It’s unheard of in the automotive industry that a vehicle takes so long to come back online, and not inform its buyers of what the issue is. Give the buyer a chance to make a change to their order, a lot hinges on what we can or cannot do based upon trade ins and financing.
Are many people actually past their original quoted delivery ETAs?

Based upon the Google spreadsheets, it looks like it’s been at least 2 or 3 months for some folks. But given the fact that the delivery estimate has disappeared a few times now, where are we truly at in terms of delivery times? And it’s not like Tesla gives us a hard core delivery times in our account either, so it’s tough to tell where we are at in this whole process. Unfortunately we are all relying on a delivery estimate that’s posted on their main website, and that’s obviously not a reliable means to forecast delivery estimates. Tesla should be communicating that to each buyer, in our Tesla account. Instead we are turning to sites like this where we are all putting our assumptions, thoughts and hopeless beliefs of what’s going on. Shouldn’t we be given or granted an explanation? If the Long Range Model Y is flying off the assembly line, then their can’t be an issue with assembly....one would think. So what is it with the Performance version? And let’s hope Fremont doesn’t end up in another lock down, then it could be a LONG TIME before we see any deliveries. Although I hope we don’t get to that point because this pandemic is no joke either.

This is probably the most naive I could possibly be, especially in 2020, but I'm hoping that when they re-start MYP production, it'll include some of the aforementioned improvements (HEPA/Bio-weapon defense mode, new center console, etc). Maybe it is simply just that they want to get to a minimum amount of orders for MYP to make sure they have a certain level of economies of scale or manufacturing efficiency. I really have no idea and I haven't looked at how they historically have switched between different models. So this is all just musings and probably totally incorrect. But here's to hoping :)

• Love
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
This is probably the most naive I could possibly be, especially in 2020, but I'm hoping that when they re-start MYP production, it'll include some of the aforementioned improvements (HEPA/Bio-weapon defense mode, new center console, etc). Maybe it is simply just that they want to get to a minimum amount of orders for MYP to make sure they have a certain level of economies of scale or manufacturing efficiency. I really have no idea and I haven't looked at how they historically have switched between different models. So this is all just musings and probably totally incorrect. But here's to hoping :)
All of what you said, 100%, haha. Yes, here’s to hoping improvements......and disseminated VIN’s!! Haha

I've got 1 week left till the end of the est delivery time frame I'll reach out if I've not had an update by then. I need another car soon if its not here ill cancel an order something else an maybe reevaluate ording one once they get there delivery issues figured out

I've got 1 week left till the end of the est delivery time frame I'll reach out if I've not had an update by then. I need another car soon if its not here ill cancel an order something else an maybe reevaluate ording one once they get there delivery issues figured out
Worst part is if we cancel our current order, we are subjected to the Long Range wait times....which I guess is better than nothing at all, unfortunately.

I haven’t seen anything or maybe I just don’t know how to find it, but has anyone on Twitter asked Elon directly about the delays with the MYP? He seems to be pretty approachable from what I’ve read. Just wondering if he would respond...

I haven’t seen anything or maybe I just don’t know how to find it, but has anyone on Twitter asked Elon directly about the delays with the MYP? He seems to be pretty approachable from what I’ve read. Just wondering if he would respond...
I’ve asked 3 times now. I don’t think he reads any of my Tweets, haha. I’m a nobody asking for something that he doesn’t want to answer.