Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently have a MYP on order with an estimate of mid to late December delivery (no VIN or actual date yet). I wouldn't mind delaying until 2021 on the off chance that there's a retroactive tax break, and generally to avoid the holiday and EOQ build quality.

Is there any way to work with my SA to request a mid-January delivery? And am I going to get stuck back in the cycle where Tesla seems to delay CA deliveries until EOQ?
Do not hold your breath, Based on how all the tax breaks are leaning towards low-income holders. It will probably only be extended to low-income owners.

Do not hold your breath, Based on how all the tax breaks are leaning towards low-income holders. It will probably only be extended to low-income owners.
My BF is an accountant and I ran the idea by him about delaying until the new year and he said the likelihood is that even if they release another federal incentive it will be point forward. I'm not sure how the old incentive worked and whether that was a point forward incentive or if it applied for the full year when it initially came out but that was just his take on it. Said it is very rare to see an incentive created that isn't point forward.

I just checked the site and it says December 2 to December 4. Not sure how they’ll deliver within two days if I don’t even have a VIN assigned yet but if they can do it I’m not complaining :)

Red/White MYP with Tow ordered 10/23

Check your page, lots of updates just went out

Yep, same here. No VIN but delivery estimate of Dec 2 - 6. Texted my SA but haven't heard back. Could it finally be happening?!

Sweet. After seeing these I checked my account and still no VIN but sure enough “Estimated Delivery: December 11 - December 31”. I have a wider range, but I’m happy to have some semblance of certainty!

Ordered 11/13. MSM MYP with Tow.

My BF is an accountant and I ran the idea by him about delaying until the new year and he said the likelihood is that even if the release another federal incentive it will be point forward. I'm not sure how the old incentive worked and whether that was a point forward incentive or if it applied for the full year when it initially came out but that was just his take on it. Said it is very rare to see an incentive created that isn't point forward.
What if it ends up bracketed points where if you got it before the end of 2020 you get more tax break, similar to the previous one where the older the car the higher the break :p

What if it ends up bracketed points where if you got it before the end of 2020 you get more tax break, similar to the previous one where the older the car the higher the break :p
I'm not sure how the old one worked to be honest but it'd be interesting to see how it works. I guess it's a bit of a weird scenario because if they announce an incentive is in the works and it point forward, it could cause people to STOP purchasing cars until the incentive is approved, which would be a disaster so not sure how they'll structure it.

Finally picked up my MYP today from Carlsbad CA...

Ordered on 9/26, VIN (840XX) assigned on 11/31 and on that same day got a text to confirm delivery today (12/2).

I went through the checklist and I only found one small issue... The carbon fiber lip was not perfectly flush to the trunk (approx. 1/16 gap). They brought it back in was fixed in 45 minutes.

During the 33 mile drive back home, cameras calibrated and so far so good. Will be driving around tomorrow again and maybe take some pics.

Ordered Oct 13th.

MYP, White, Black, No FSD, Tow Hitch

Located: Boise, Idaho

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.36.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.36.17 PM.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 72
Finally picked up my MYP today from Carlsbad CA...

Ordered on 9/26, VIN (840XX) assigned on 11/31 and on that same day got a text to confirm delivery today (12/2).

I went through the checklist and I only found one small issue... The carbon fiber lip was not perfectly flush to the trunk (approx. 1/16 gap). They brought it back in was fixed in 45 minutes.

During the 33 mile drive back home, cameras calibrated and so far so good. Will be driving around tomorrow again and maybe take some pics.

I forgot to mention:

Dual Pane Glass: Confirmed
USB (with Thumbdrive) in Glovebox: Confirmed
Dimming Side-View Mirrors: Confirmed