Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN via Txt
Deliv Est: Dec 17-23
VIN: 79,1xx
Order date: 10/23
Config: DBM, White, FSD, w/tow

I’ve requested a build date but have yet to hear back, I’d assume it will have all the latest updates however, still a little confused as to why the VIN is so low, I specially with a lot of newly delivered vehicles in the Mid 80k range.

Reactions: Modulus1
FWIW, I had a delivery estimate show in my account as Dec 2 - 6. Every day the first date would adjust to the new day. Today it is now blank. My SA says I should have a VIN any day and my keyboard needs new CMD+R keys :D

@Pianewman I think we're just excited to get these cars. Many of us have been waiting months. We're not complaining, just anxious, and commiserating together while we wait. And maybe playing bridge :p

EDIT: I just popped over to the official MY forums and if you want some better entertainment, that's the place to go.

• Love
Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
FWIW, I had a delivery estimate show in my account as Dec 2 - 6. Every day the first date would adjust to the new day. Today it is now blank. My SA says I should have a VIN any day and my keyboard needs new CMD+R keys :D

Yes, CMD+R is almost broken here too. I ordered the same config as you and I'm only one state away on I-70, so I'm hoping to somehow piggy-back on your delivery. :D There is also another forum user in Ohio with similar config. Same I think, but AP instead of FSD.

No offense intended. I had to watch my delivered car sit and wait, and ultimately cancelled the car, timing of finances were wrong. Now I have the cash, so I'm with y'all, anxiously awaiting delivery.

The conversation IS funny, though, as everyone tries to figure out a method to the Tesla madness. It's truly bizarre.

MY forums are indeed entertaining.

Reactions: daedaleck
Hi everyone. Just adding my status.

Ordered on 11/3 - Black Model Y Performance with white interior. No FSD. No hitch. I believe the original quoted time frame was 5-9 weeks.

On 11/25 I received a text that the expected delivery was 2-4 weeks from the 25th. A couple of days after that there was an update online that I should expect delivery between Dec 9th and Dec 30th.

As of this afternoon, 12/5, that was still the status and I do not yet have a VIN.

My account updated early Sunday morning!
VIN: 84XXX
Delivery updated to 12/15 - 12/21.

I haven't received any new texts. I did get an email regarding a request for final payment. I also received an email regarding a set of 20" Induction wheels & winter tires I ordered back on 11/14. Basically the order had been in limbo since I didn't have a VIN. Once the VIN updated on my account the order confirmed and my winter wheels will be at the service center on 12/13.

Reactions: Modulus1
I placed an order for Performance, white, no other options, on Friday 12/4. From tesla.com, I was redirected to Alliant CU and applied. It's not clear to me if Tesla will move on the progress of the car until the financing is 100% complete. Do they typically wait for the green light from bank/CU, or do they proceed with sourcing or building your vehicle anyway? I am not in a huge rush, but I expect I'll need several days to find the best financing deal.

I placed an order for Performance, white, no other options, on Friday 12/4. From tesla.com, I was redirected to Alliant CU and applied. It's not clear to me if Tesla will move on the progress of the car until the financing is 100% complete. Do they typically wait for the green light from bank/CU, or do they proceed with sourcing or building your vehicle anyway? I am not in a huge rush, but I expect I'll need several days to find the best financing deal.

Contact your SA. They will let you know what you haven't completed if you're unsure.

What heated steering wheel?

THIS heated steering wheel!

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 8.27.10 PM.jpg

Reactions: N00bMaster69
Contact your SA. They will let you know what you haven't completed if you're unsure.

Actually one odd thing is that I have only received these 3 emails (yes I checked spam):

1) confirming my test drive, from [email protected]
2) trade-in estimate, from [email protected]
3) confirming my order, from [email protected]

If I reply to any of these, is it expected to go to my SA? IMO kind of odd that I have no email from a real person, in spite of meeting one for the test drive. I do have two text messages, but they are automated messages. SA gave me no contact info.