Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is it a to your door delivery? I thought that was only still and option if you were 200 plus miles from a delivery center?

They didn't even ask me if I wanted to pick it up. They emailed asking to confirm if my account address was the address to deliver, okay to park in the street or driveway, etc. The e mail didn't ask if I wanted to pick it up. If the door to door delivery was 7 days out and I had an option to pick it up sooner, I would have asked to see if I could pick it up, but since they are delivering on the 1st business day after I am notified, it's great for me.

IMHO, I wouldn’t necessarily dwell on the VIN number as much as the Build Date or “Factory Gated” date. The latter is mor important because the date will tell you when it rolled off the assembly line “relatively” anyways. Also, with that date you “should” get all the latest and greatest goodies that have been added or updated from that date backwards.
Point being, don’t put to much stock in the VIN.

also, with this talk of getting free SC for a year, who is up for a Cannonball Run!?!
Exactly what @BluHallz said, don’t dwell on the VIN, but more so the build date or the date it came off the line. Read my previous post about what my advisor showed me, and you’ll understand.

My delivery estimate has been pushed back 3 times in the last 24 hours. Was reading Dec 16-31st, now it's been pushed to Dec 21st - 31st
Ordered 10/15, but changed colors on 10/28. MYP MSM Black int Tow Hitch no FSD. Originally quoted 5-9 weeks. Looking like 11-12 weeks at best ,that's IF they deliver this year. I'm not expecting it to happen. Kind of pissed I'm going to miss out on a year of free supercharging too now.

hightower82: totally understandable. However, keep in mind that only those (mostly) with issues join forums, so the QC issues you mention are magnified.
As for the ordering process, it's a joke. Clearly, Tesla needs to invest in distribution mgmt, especially since Elon is maniacally pushing production (which affects QC, as well.)

Just adding to the conversation here. MYP White/Black no FSD or tow ordered 11/03, I’ve had the ever advancing date range for the past few days, it’s at expect delivery 12/14 - 12/31 as of today. No VIN assigned as of yet. Location is Orange County, CA
I could be wrong but I would assume all the folks in CA will get a VIN and a call to schedule delivery shortly after. Living near the factory should mean that transportation at most takes a day to get anywhere within the state. Could be wrong but maybe when you do get your VIN it means your delivery is right around the corner which isn't the case for a lot of the rest of the country.

Adding to my status, I got a text from my SA saying she expects delivery to be on 12/28 but could be sooner or later depending on truck drivers and the holiday. I asked back when the car's born on date was and haven't heard back yet.