Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of all the cars I owned, I have never seen such a huge obsession over getting PPF for a Tesla. It seems crazy to wait for a car for months and drive it straight into another place to wait even longer. consumer cars are meant to be driven, not protected like it is some sort of collector item.

The best thing for any car owner is to get that first scratch in their car. You will cry for a week at most then realize who cares and move on.

my view at lest :p

And I think it's crazy that people choose to live in the Bay area. Some of, if not the highest tax rates in the nation, super high real estate prices for 50 year old 1700 sq/ft ranch homes, and being forced into constant lock downs. I digress....

My view at least ;)

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride, very jealous and feel being penalized for living in the bay area. :( I have the same configuration, ordered 10 days before you did, and get no update and possible to pick up only the last week of December in the best case.

Are you going for the stealth PPF?

I thought long and hard about the stealth but because I love the multi-coat red color so much, I wanted to preserve it's beauty! ;)

Ohhhh my gosh. She's GORGEOUSSSSSS.:):):):):)
I actually wanted to get that exact color combination but partly because of the price and mostly because my wife wanted white, I'm getting a white with black interior. But goodness that MY looks amazing. Would love to see pics after the tinting and ceramic etc are done.
What shades are you doing on the front and rear windows? Enjoy the ride and please let us know how the 21's feel and drive. :)

I will certainly post some pics when I get her back! :)

• Love
Reactions: DoctorBenjamin
Picked up Blue Mamba on12/16 at Burbank, vin 84XXX. Nearly perfect car, one issue with the drivers side mirror not going high enough but the paint, interior, fit and finish were outstanding. This car is amazing. I'm in shock every day when I walk out my front door that I get to drive this car (coming from a '99 4Runner). However long you have waited for this car, it's worth it.

pxl_20201217_010155341-jpg.618826

Attachments

• PXL_20201217_010155341.jpg
    PXL_20201217_010155341.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 200
Picked up Blue Mamba on12/16 at Burbank, vin 84XXX. Nearly perfect car, one issue with the drivers side mirror not going high enough but the paint, interior, fit and finish were outstanding. This car is amazing. I'm in shock every day when I walk out my front door that I get to drive this car (coming from a '99 4Runner). However long you have waited for this car, it's worth it.

Beautiful! Looks perfect! Hoping the rest of our cars come out like that!! Nice to see someone from MPK here haha.

My account went from showing 2-3 weeks to Dec 21-31.

Reactions: ChrisMPK

Nice, congrats!!!

My account updated today; now says estimated delivery Dec 18 - Dec 31. First time I've had an estimated delivery window. Christmas Day will be 9 weeks exactly from when I ordered with an initial estimate of 5-9 weeks for delivery from the custom order page. Figure I'll lay low until the the 26th then give them a call if Elon hasn't called me yet. Went and picked up my 'blank check' from my bank today with pre-approval amount printed on the check. Cancelled my trade in with Tesla last week as they had dropped my valuation price below what I felt was reasonable.

The valuation is another story. Originally checked with Vroom, Carvana, KBB..etc, but was quoted a couple thousand below what Tesla gave me for valuation so I decided to go with Elon. However, since then Tesla has dropped my valuation to around where those other car buyers were and this was around $8k below private party blue book and what I've seen them sell for on eBay. After Tesla lowered my valuation I decided to randomly check Vroom one last time. Not sure what changed but Vroom came back with an all cash offer that was about $2k more than Tesla's highest offer and the same, if not more, than what I've seen them sell for online. Needless to say I signed those papers with Vroom that day. I guess it pays to keep checking with these online car buyer websites as their offers seem to drastically change. For reference, my second offer from Vroom a month later was $6.3k higher than their first offer. Kinda crazy as I wasn't expecting this (especially since the mileage had gone up about by about 600 on the odo).

My account updated today; now says estimated delivery Dec 18 - Dec 31. First time I've had an estimated delivery window. Christmas Day will be 9 weeks exactly from when I ordered with an initial estimate of 5-9 weeks for delivery from the custom order page. Figure I'll lay low until the the 26th then give them a call if Elon hasn't called me yet. Went and picked up my 'blank check' from my bank today with pre-approval amount printed on the check. Cancelled my trade in with Tesla last week as they had dropped my valuation price below what I felt was reasonable.

The valuation is another story. Originally checked with Vroom, Carvana, KBB..etc, but was quoted a couple thousand below what Tesla gave me for valuation so I decided to go with Elon. However, since then Tesla has dropped my valuation to around where those other car buyers were and this was around $8k below private party blue book and what I've seen them sell for on eBay. After Tesla lowered my valuation I decided to randomly check Vroom one last time. Not sure what changed but Vroom came back with an all cash offer that was about $2k more than Tesla's highest offer and the same, if not more, than what I've seen them sell for online. Needless to say I signed those papers with Vroom that day. I guess it pays to keep checking with these online car buyer websites as their offers seem to drastically change. For reference, my second offer from Vroom a month later was $6.3k higher than their first offer. Kinda crazy as I wasn't expecting this (especially since the mileage had gone up about by about 600 on the odo).
Congrats on the date. I just sold my car to vroom last week and honestly I don't get their offers. They bought my car for 2k less than they have it listed for on their website and they will have incurred transportation costs, to come pick it up from my house, as well as fixing a burnt out xenon headlight. I'm surprised they gave me the offer they did considering they will make maybe 1.2-1.6k on it total but I'm thankful for the great offer! It was barely less than what I could have sold it for private party.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Congrats on the date. I just sold my car to vroom last week and honestly I don't get their offers. They bought my car for 2k less than they have it listed for on their website and they will have incurred transportation costs, to come pick it up from my house, as well as fixing a burnt out xenon headlight. I'm surprised they gave me the offer they did considering they will make maybe 1.2-1.6k on it total but I'm thankful for the great offer! It was barely less than what I could have sold it for private party.
Thanks!
Ya, I'm right there with you. I was shocked b/c when they asked me what my expected offer would be, they came back at nearly $1.5k over that. o_O:confused: Curious to see what they will list it for now.

Reactions: kadify
@Prongs4life My delivery location was always Burbank. There were tons of other cars there and many staffers helping with delivery. All in all it was a well oiled machine. Could have been in and out in 5 minutes if I wasn't picky. I took my time and was there probably 25 minutes? The delivery center is the old Ikea parking structure if you're from the area.