Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Performance boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 21s are shipping to Europe and probably a couple of more weeks before sold in the US. BUT of course it will be. Why would Tesla stop selling free to them software for big bucks? It is (almost) ALL profit and there is no reason to stop selling other than "giving away" easy money and that would just be STUPIDITY.

Reactions: SlimJim
It is a LR AWD with a software update so I'd call it an upgrade!
Unless you have a hacked tesla this is unlikely.
Stealth performance models have performance vins and parts. They just dont get the 20 inch rims, spoiler and pedals. The lowering is imho a myth as my stealth performance is the samw height as any SR or performance model.

There have been discussions about the AWD being either the same as a performance or use binned parts but the only real conclusion has been that early awds were likely software locked performance 3s and anything thereafter is probably not capable to provide the power needed to the wheels....

Stealth performance models have performance vins and parts. They just dont get the 20 inch rims, spoiler and pedals. The lowering is imho a myth as my stealth performance is the samw height as any SR or performance model.

There have been discussions about the AWD being either the same as a performance or use binned parts but the only real conclusion has been that early awds were likely software locked performance 3s and anything thereafter is probably not capable to provide the power needed to the wheels....
And the 980 rear motor i think was a requirement.

Reactions: Saturday
Stealth performance models have performance vins and parts.

There was never any "special performance" hardware... just the opposite- everything was the same for a good while, then eventually they downgraded non-P cars from the standard parts everything used to use.

Up through sometime in 2019 LR AWD and a P3D- were exactly the same car physically.

The SR and LR RWD also used exactly the same rear drive unit as both.

Sometime partway through 2019 they began using a lesser rear drive unit on the LR AWD specifically (SR still got the same rear DU as the P for a fair bit longer, though IIRC they have finally switched those to the lesser unit too), and only when they switched to 2020 VINs in October did the P get its own VIN.

This is also why EG can "convert" a LR AWD into a full P if you got one from before they downgraded the rear DU.

Reactions: FrankMdl3Stlth