Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering selling my LR with 750 miles. It is white with cream interior and has the 21s. It comes already with the all season mats and I also bought the NEMA 14-50 adapter. The car had a few panel alignment issues which were corrected last week in the Raleigh SC. I took delivery on August 25th.

I like the car but I did not get permission to put the new outlet in my garage (rental house) and the nearest supercharger is 30 minutes away at least. It creates a number of issues that at this point in my life I do not want to deal with.

Given the fact there is still a high demand I decided that now is the best time to sell and potentially buy another one once I can charge it at home or have a different routine.

I don’t know if there is a thread dedicated to selling (if there is and someone can point me to it it would be great) and decided to start here.

The price is as it was new but adding the mats and charger adapter at no charge. No point in reaching out with an offer below that. I am not desperate to sell.
What all weather mats did you get. Fit well.?

Haven't checked in for the last 100+ posts so apologies in advance if any of this duplicates prior posts.
Took delivery of my MSLR yesterday and have about 100 miles of experience. Ordered mid-February. Delivery originally scheduled for 9/14 but got moved up two days ago.
Some initial thoughts...
1) Without close inspection, I see no defects on the car. I did check panel gaps, paint, and interior trim and all looks good.
2) Yoke for me is a non-issue. I like it better than a wheel. It takes a 180 degree turn of the yoke to turn 90 degrees. I like the visibility of the driver's dash screen.
3) Wheelbase is indeed 2" wider than my 2015 P90D. However the car is exactly the same for the body and the interior. So only the wheels are spread further apart.
4) I like the horizontal screen better than the vertical screen. It also appears to be brighter and more crisp.
5) I now have to pay for Supercharging after the first 1000 miles of charging and pay $9.99/month for internet, etc. after the first year. Not paying is not an option for any of us.
6) Regarding active noise cancellation, there is absolutely no difference yet in DB readings from my old MS to the new car. I've taken readings from both cars on the same road at the same speed with a DB reader. I'm hoping that it simply is not yet turned on. The screen says it "may not be currently available" or something like that. Would help if Tesla could be a little more definitive.
7) I haven't been in the backseat but the grandkids have already tuned into Netflix where the reception is perfect.
8) Frunk is a little smaller so not really useful for anything other than a small bag.
9) Car was delivered without floor mats, trunk privacy shelf, or trunk storage shelf. SA had no idea when they would be available but said they would be shipped directly to me.
10) Suspension seems much tighter but could be my imagination.

Bottom line to all of you out there frustrated with the wait, it's worth it.

RN1144 - Jan 29 order date - MSLR Black/Cream 19" FSD (Denver, CO)

EDD:
Way back was March but went blank for a long long time
Finally updated after the article and the email to all of us.
Aug 10: Sept 19 - 30
Aug 16: Sept 17 - 30
Aug 17: Sept 15 - 30
Sept 12: Sept 23 - 30

SA at Tesla told me their prediction is "late September into October"

I actually ordered this new one after some idiot rear ended me at high speed and totaled my 2018 MS last Dec. Firefighter said my 14 yr old daughter and I would be in the ER if I was driving any other car. Luckily I still have my original 2013 MS to drive around, and my wife has her 2020 MX. I waited 1.5 years for my first MS as I reserved prior to production (actually reserved a 40 for those history buffs). Having a car to drive and a history of waiting helps my patience.

I realize all are frustrated, even me a bit, but honestly I have no interest in driving a different car.

RN1144 - Jan 29 order date - MSLR Black/Cream 19" FSD (Denver, CO)

EDD:
Way back was March but went blank for a long long time
Finally updated after the article and the email to all of us.
Aug 10: Sept 19 - 30
Aug 16: Sept 17 - 30
Aug 17: Sept 15 - 30
Sept 12: Sept 23 - 30

SA at Tesla told me their prediction is "late September into October"

I actually ordered this new one after some idiot rear ended me at high speed and totaled my 2018 MS last Dec. Firefighter said my 14 yr old daughter and I would be in the ER if I was driving any other car. Luckily I still have my original 2013 MS to drive around, and my wife has her 2020 MX. I waited 1.5 years for my first MS as I reserved prior to production (actually reserved a 40 for those history buffs). Having a car to drive and a history of waiting helps my patience.

I realize all are frustrated, even me a bit, but honestly I have no interest in driving a different car.
Your EDD changes have been almost identical to mine. Currently its Sept 22-30. My SA also told me to expect it between mid September to mid October, I'm really hoping for end of September.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/22-9/30 Denver, CO

Reactions: Dave121
Those dates all mirror mine within a day or 2. Your rn is also very close to mine. The only big variable is you're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. Since you're closer to the factory they may have pulled you forward for the big EOQ push. Still, it gives me hope for a delivery some time in October, maybe.... Your dates didn't go blank just before your latest update, did they?
I think you’re right. They sure can deliver much faster in Bay Area to improve the delivery rates for Q3

5) I now have to pay for Supercharging after the first 1000 miles of charging and pay $9.99/month for internet, etc. after the first year. Not paying is not an option for any of us.
6) Regarding active noise cancellation, there is absolutely no difference yet in DB readings from my old MS to the new car. I've taken readings from both cars on the same road at the same speed with a DB reader. I'm hoping that it simply is not yet turned on. The screen says it "may not be currently available" or something like that. Would help if Tesla could be a little more definitive.

Congrats on the car!

Regarding point 5 (connectivity), I think one could in theory get away with not paying the premium connectivity $10/month if you used a phone hotspot and kept the car connected to your phone's wifi. Bit of a hassle, and I'm not sure if the phone would maintain charge with wireless charging. But it may be an option.

Regarding point 6 (cabin noise), thank you for the measurement. It's consistent with other reports I've seen. Interesting that the subjective reports are that the car's really quiet. I wonder what explains that. Perhaps the frequency of the noises that do get in the cabin are those that humans are less sensitive to?

500 mile update (re features/issues not regularly posted about):

The Good (unexpected):
- Autopilot is super smooth
- Air from perforated seats is noticeable and strong

The Bad:
- Dash, center console and passenger's side door wood trim is cracked and splintered (SC to replace)
- Charge port door does not open regularly when depressing HPWC button (SC to repair)
- Metal plate (that houses hazard lights button) appears worn (SC to replace)
- Overspray on outside of all windows needs detailer to strip and clean. Even after good hand wash, small dots or sparkles appear in sunlight
- Software is a work in progress (currently running 2021.24.4)

I personally inspected vehicle upon delivery three weeks ago and notated the interior wood trim issues. However, I intentionally did not print out or follow one of the delivery inspection lists posted on TMC. If it doesn't jump out and bother me, I don't want to know about it. It's just a car. However I understand YMMV because I generally keep my cars ~ 3 years and then move on to a new model.

Damn. That’s what I was thinking I’d do. Rethinking now. Just got back from tint/PPF/ceramic coat. Shout out to @TotalDetailing for an awesome job.

Your car looks wicked gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Haven't checked in for the last 100+ posts so apologies in advance if any of this duplicates prior posts.
Took delivery of my MSLR yesterday and have about 100 miles of experience. Ordered mid-February. Delivery originally scheduled for 9/14 but got moved up two days ago.
Some initial thoughts...
1) Without close inspection, I see no defects on the car. I did check panel gaps, paint, and interior trim and all looks good.
2) Yoke for me is a non-issue. I like it better than a wheel. It takes a 180 degree turn of the yoke to turn 90 degrees. I like the visibility of the driver's dash screen.
3) Wheelbase is indeed 2" wider than my 2015 P90D. However the car is exactly the same for the body and the interior. So only the wheels are spread further apart.
4) I like the horizontal screen better than the vertical screen. It also appears to be brighter and more crisp.
7) I haven't been in the backseat but the grandkids have already tuned into Netflix where the reception is perfect.
8) Frunk is a little smaller so not really useful for anything other than a small bag.
9) Car was delivered without floor mats, trunk privacy shelf, or trunk storage shelf. SA had no idea when they would be available but said they would be shipped directly to me.

I should add one irritating issue. Perhaps the way I place my hands when driving, but I frequently activate the turn signals or wipers inadvertently. Hope I can train myself to avoid this as the turn signal issue will irritate those following my car.

Reactions: McQ14
good luck to you. appears you will soon be frollecking in the VINeyard.
I have very low hopes or expectations. I just wish I would stop refreshing till a VIN pops up, because nothing’s real until you get a VIN. EDDs are completely random.

The range starts in two weeks from now. “Two weeks”. 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
This morning there is a big jump for better.

Here are my dates.

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
Looks like all Bay Area dates have moved to Sept as they can deliver us cars quickly at the factory store Fremont or home delivery.