Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Elektra left on 16th August so I’m thinking that if Grand Ruby left 2-3 days later , then I got my VIN allocated on 20th-22nd approx (allow a few days for lease company to tell me ),
Then I’m given me “delivery reminder “ (first notification of anything from Tesla since RN ) on the same day Grand Ruby arrives at Suez - would suggest to me mine is on Grand Ruby too…?
this would allow enough time for her to get to Zeebrugge, then come back to Southampton - or, they ship them to a different place as I’ve seen on historical threads about cars going to Zeebrugge then being shipped onto Grimsby (a post from a few years back from Mr Miserable himself), then get delivered to me on 27th for end of quarter

I think that all makes sense

I see Elektra left on 16th August so I’m thinking that if Grand Ruby left 2-3 days later , then I got my VIN allocated on 20th-22nd approx (allow a few days for lease company to tell me ),
Then I’m given me “delivery reminder “ (first notification of anything from Tesla since RN ) on the same day Grand Ruby arrives at Suez - would suggest to me mine is on Grand Ruby too…?
this would allow enough time for her to get to Zeebrugge, then come back to Southampton - or, they ship them to a different place as I’ve seen on historical threads about cars going to Zeebrugge then being shipped onto Grimsby (a post from a few years back from Mr Miserable himself), then get delivered to me on 27th for end of quarter

I think that all makes sense
I doubt if these previous assumptions hold true.I definitely saw my 321***VIN on 10th august and it was most likely assigned prior to this.Still no allocation text.The only text I have had from Tesla was the delivery one on 31st of August and delivery arranged for 29th of september.They maintained I wouldn't be able to collect earlier so my guess its still on one of the ships.One would think if those theories hold true I should be able to arrange for delivery at least a week earlier than that.In my opinion its all very random and depends on which batch of VINS your car was loaded with.
The only sure thing is that they will try to deliver as many cars as humanly possible cars before the month ends.

I doubt if these previous assumptions hold true.I definitely saw my 321***VIN on 10th august and it was most likely assigned prior to this.Still no allocation text.The only text I have had from Tesla was the delivery one on 31st of August and delivery arranged for 29th of september.They maintained I wouldn't be able to collect earlier so my guess its still on one of the ships.One would think if those theories hold true I should be able to arrange for delivery at least a week earlier than that.In my opinion its all very random and depends on which batch of VINS your car was loaded with.
The only sure thing is that they will try to deliver as many cars as humanly possible cars before the month ends.
Or you just can’t pick it up sooner because they can’t physically do any more appointments ?

I never received any sms at all, I ordered mine at 21st Aug, and around four days later after leasing approval I got the Vin 34xxxxx and a fixed date and time to pickup the car by phone call with my SA. The date and time was already confirmed with insurance company as well, initially it was told me that the vessel would arrive at Zeebrugge at 16/17 Sept pickup date is 27

I did yes - this was the only text ive had from Tesla since my RN on 11th August
I have never had a single text from Tesla unless I have rung the delivery team first. Every text arrived within 30 mins of speaking to delivery agent. RN number, Allocation, Vin, delivery date, registration number - 5 calls followed by 5 texts. could be coincidence but I suspect it is not. I think their admin is totally random. My SA won’t tell me the ship but others will. Totally Random Admin (TRA)

I have never had a single text from Tesla unless I have rung the delivery team first. Every text arrived within 30 mins of speaking to delivery agent. RN number, Allocation, Vin, delivery date, registration number - 5 calls followed by 5 texts. could be coincidence but I suspect it is not. I think their admin is totally random. My SA won’t tell me the ship but others will. Totally Random Admin (TRA)
I’m in the same boat as you mate. Phoned for the VIN, phoned for the allocation, phoned for the delivery date. They all arrived after being on the phone to them.
Their order process is nowhere near the finished article.

Interesting - mine has all been automated as has lots of other people’s on here - it seems that way anyway. Maybe people hounded for the information ?

Hello everyone! More and more of us collecting and getting Tesla's delivered, but still plenty who need this daily fix...

Shipping update - 6pm BST - 11 September 2021

SFL CONDUCTOR is now heading to the Netherlands, where we assume she will be unloading more Tesla's. Bit bizarre that she is stopping off at countries who are next to each other, but I guess it's as easy as getting them transported to other countries.

ELEKTRA is, as a fellow member has said above, just past Lisbon now. Once she passes Portugal, it'll be a fairy short run up through the passage between the Celtic Sea and Bay of Biscay up to Southampton. Her ETA still stands at Monday 7pm for Southampton and ETA Zeebrugge 18th Sep. I wonder if they will be able to transport the Tesla's earlier to various locations around the UK because of her earlier than anticipated arrival. What a journey it has been for ELEKTRA though, she left Shanghai on the 16th of August! I don't know about you guys, but I am still keeping my hopes up for ELEKTRA being the vessel that our cars are on, but I do recall @Mr Miserable saying that she was headed to the eastern docks at Southampton (Tesla's need to load at the western docks).
However - I have good news! The port schedule for Southampton shows an ETA on Monday at 7pm at 105. What is 105 I hear you ask? It is called Mayflower Cruise Terminal, which is located at the western docks. She then has an ETA for Tuesday for the eastern docks and then a departure to Zeebrugge. Map below for those interested.

GRAND RUBY (the traitor that she is!) is now at Algiers, so a couple of days behind ELEKTRA. She is of course heading to Zeebrugge, so we will keep an eye when she arrives if she does a U turn and comes back to Southampton.

TRITON ACE is heading to Slovenia. This is very interesting, as a lot of us believe our cars are on this vessel. Perhaps she is going to unload Tesla's for the Southern European countries or doing a crew change.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR had no location for a few days after transitioning through the Suez Canal, but has updated now with an ETA to Zeebrugge on 18th Sep at 6am. This is very interesting, because we now believe GLOVIS SPLENDOR, ELEKTRA, GRAND RUBY are all heading to Zeebrugge and all on or around the same day. Maybe one of their locations will miraculously change to Southampton beforehand... who knows?

DIONYSOS LEADER is still heading to Italy, where her ETA shows Monday but she is not far at all, currently just passing Rome. I assume this will update and it will be interesting to see her next location. You'd think DIONYSOS LEADER - if indeed it does carry Tesla's on board - would have went to Slovenia too as opposed to two vessels heading up that way (TRITON ACE also).

THEBEN is currently very close to ELEKTRA. Her ETA is 14th Sep 2am (so pretty much Monday evening) for Zeebrugge. Will she spring a surprise on us and head back to Southampton after?

Hello everyone! More and more of us collecting and getting Tesla's delivered, but still plenty who need this daily fix...

SFL CONDUCTOR is now heading to the Netherlands, where we assume she will be unloading more Tesla's. Bit bizarre that she is stopping off at countries who are next to each other, but I guess it's as easy as getting them transported to other countries.

ELEKTRA is, as a fellow member has said above, just past Lisbon now. Once she passes Portugal, it'll be a fairy short run up through the passage between the Celtic Sea and Bay of Biscay up to Southampton. Her ETA still stands at Monday 7pm for Southampton and ETA Zeebrugge 18th Sep. I wonder if they will be able to transport the Tesla's earlier to various locations around the UK because of her earlier than anticipated arrival. What a journey it has been for ELEKTRA though, she left Shanghai on the 16th of August! I don't know about you guys, but I am still keeping my hopes up for ELEKTRA being the vessel that our cars are on, but I do recall @Mr Miserable saying that she was headed to the eastern docks at Southampton (Tesla's need to load at the western docks).
However - I have good news! The port schedule for Southampton shows an ETA on Monday at 7pm at 105. What is 105 I hear you ask? It is called Mayflower Cruise Terminal, which is located at the western docks. She then has an ETA for Tuesday for the eastern docks and then a departure to Zeebrugge. Map below for those interested.

GRAND RUBY (the traitor that she is!) is now at Algiers, so a couple of days behind ELEKTRA. She is of course heading to Zeebrugge, so we will keep an eye when she arrives if she does a U turn and comes back to Southampton.

TRITON ACE is heading to Slovenia. This is very interesting, as a lot of us believe our cars are on this vessel. Perhaps she is going to unload Tesla's for the Southern European countries or doing a crew change.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR had no location for a few days after transitioning through the Suez Canal, but has updated now with an ETA to Zeebrugge on 18th Sep at 6am. This is very interesting, because we now believe GLOVIS SPLENDOR, ELEKTRA, GRAND RUBY are all heading to Zeebrugge and all on or around the same day. Maybe one of their locations will miraculously change to Southampton beforehand... who knows?

DIONYSOS LEADER is still heading to Italy, where her ETA shows Monday but she is not far at all, currently just passing Rome. I assume this will update and it will be interesting to see her next location. You'd think DIONYSOS LEADER - if indeed it does carry Tesla's on board - would have went to Slovenia too as opposed to two vessels heading up that way (TRITON ACE also).

THEBEN is currently very close to ELEKTRA. Her ETA is 14th Sep 2am (so pretty much Monday evening) for Zeebrugge. Will she spring a surprise on us and head back to Southampton after?
The Glovis Schedule has Glovis Splendor going to Southampton on 22/09 after Zeebrugge

Reactions: Magstauk and Kevg
Reactions: redlegacy

Great update and amazing investigative work with the west/east docks 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.