Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HORIZON LEADER is continuing to escape the worst of the Atlantic weather and is still making over 18kts. It looks as if she now intends to join the busy shipping lanes off the NW coast of Spain to cross the Bay of Biscay rather than staying further out to sea. It looks like the Bay of Biscay will be very rough with 6m high waves tomorrow. Her ETA for Zeebrugge of Tuesday morning remains easily achievable although the port still has her scheduled for Wednesday.

HL Atlantic.png

GRAND RUBY is currently making her way across the Caribbean towards the Mona passage.
I mentioned yesterday that I considered her Zeebrugge ETA a little too ambitious and lo and behold it has been revised to 0600Z on 24 Feb.
You see they do listen…..

Grand Ruby Caribbean.png

The repugnant GLOVIS COMPANION is making just over 18kts off the coast of Guatemala. There are no weather concerns. She is on schedule to arrive at the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Monday evening.
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 Feb.

Sink the Glovis Companion!” A fun competition with an abundance of virtual prizes.
Decide which square to lay your minefield. You can have 3 entries! A direct hit is required to win. Enter HERE.
More entries are required folks and so if you haven’t entered already, please do so.

Glov Comp Pac Prog.png

LAKE GENEVA remains alongside at Pier 80. I don’t know why loading was suspended yesterday but it will finish off today and the plan is for the ship to depart probably around 6pm local this evening. The weather for her voyage looks fine albeit a little choppy most of the way to Panama. In the meantime my estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge on 7 Mar remains.

GLOVIS SIRIUS will now arrive at Pier 80 on 19 Feb. She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and the last ship of Q1 to Europe from Pier 80.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

GLOVIS CENTURY This ship is loaded with the first Chinese manufactured RHD Model 3s for UK and Ireland.
She is making good progress and by this time tomorrow will have passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and be in the Atlantic. The weather in the Atlantic will be a contrast to the smooth sailing she has enjoyed so far but there is nothing dramatic in the forecast.
The Southampton port schedule has her booked in to arrive in the Western Docks at 0330 on Wednesday.

Century Med prog.png

MORNING CELLO I suspect this ship may be heading to the UK with Tesla Model 3s onboard too.
I have not received a recent satellite update from her but she is currently making her way through the Suez Canal. I’m eagerly anticipating her AIS update once she arrives in the Mediterranean later today.
My current estimate for her arrival in Southampton is 21 Feb.

There remains an outside chance that MORNING CAPO may have RHD Model 3s for Ireland onboard but other than that I don’t think she is of any interest to us. If anyone in Ireland is interested I will track her but I need them to post as much info about their promised delivery dates in the Orders and Deliveries thread. With that information we should be able to decide whether the ship is likely to be carrying.

MORNING CAPO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 6 Mar, and is currently enroute to Suez.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and Tielle
Even though it's a bit hard to tell, I see a lot of different sized objects there
View attachment 636100
Drove down to the docks in Drammen today (as i live a few minutes away), I was not able to see any Tesla's among the cars that appears to have been unloaded from SPICA LEADER. Also drove past the Tesla dealership in Drammen, it did not look like they have recieved any new cars lateley. Do we have any clues to what ship is supposed to bring the next load of TM3's to Drammen?

Drove down to the docks in Drammen today (as i live a few minutes away), I was not able to see any Tesla's among the cars that appears to have been unloaded from SPICA LEADER. Also drove past the Tesla dealership in Drammen, it did not look like they have recieved any new cars lateley. Do we have any clues to what ship is supposed to bring the next load of TM3's to Drammen?

Prometheus Leader seems to be the next one that will go to Drammen, but there might not be any Teslas to bring to Norway since they probably are on Horizon Leader which docks later.

So if it's Horizon that brings a new batch it might be Autopremier, scheduled to depart 17 feb (which might be a bit too soon).
My guess is on Auto Eco which leaves at 19th.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
If you are up early tomorrow morning to watch GLOVIS CENTURY pass through the Straits of Gibraltar (you never know) you will note that she will have reduced speed to below 13kts. The speed limit was introduced to protect the whales that reside in the Straits. Nearly 200 ships pass through the straits daily. The straits narrow to just 7.7NM wide Traffic is separated by two 2 mile wide corridors separated by a half-mile sterile zone. Eastbound traffic take the southern corridor whilst westbound ships take the northern corridor.

LAKE GENEVA is preparing to depart Pier 80.
In doing so her AIS is noted to be transmitting her destination as Zeebrugge with an ETA of 1900Z Mar 6.
Technically her destination in the AIS should be Balboa Panama - I am sure it will be corrected.
Nevertheless, that is helpful information!

UPDATE Apparently loading completed about an hour ago and the ship is eager to depart. Expect movement within the hour. It looks like the pilot boat and a tug are on their way to her now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
Meanwhile up in Tacoma, GLOVIS SIRIUS is just about to depart on her way to Pier 80. Her ETA is 0800Z on 18 Feb, which equates to midnight local on Wednesday night, which is earlier than expected.
The Zeebrugge port schedule is showing that she will arrive there on 12 Mar, which will be hard to achieve. In my opinion 14 or 15 Mar is more likely.
We shall see...

GRAND RUBY has just entered the Mona Passage.
The Mona Passage is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the passage it's only about 100m deep.
On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the passage can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.

Im kinda confused. Im waiting on a Tesla Model 3 SR+ here in Norway. My advisor confirmed delivery mid Mars. What ship should i watch? I thought it was Toronto but that is not the case any longer i guess. Thank you very much

Im kinda confused. Im waiting on a Tesla Model 3 SR+ here in Norway. My advisor confirmed delivery mid Mars. What ship should i watch? I thought it was Toronto but that is not the case any longer i guess. Thank you very much
Your car is coming from the USA and so for a mid March delivery in Norway I would keep an eye on GLOVIS COMPANION or LAKE GENEVA.

3 'Tesla' ships in the Atlantic today!

HORIZON LEADER
as expected she joined the main shipping lane during the night and is now routing across the Bay of Biscay.
It’s a little rough but conditions will improve once she is in the English Channel.
Her revised ETA for Zeebrugge of 0700Z on Tuesday is in agreement with the Zeebrugge port schedule.

HL Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY This ship is loaded with the first MIC RHD Model 3s for UK and Ireland.
She has now entered the Atlantic. The weather in the Atlantic will be a contrast to the smooth sailing she has enjoyed so far but there is nothing dramatic in the forecast.
The Southampton port schedule has her booked in to arrive in the Western Docks at 0330 on Wednesday.

Century Med prog.png

GRAND RUBY has now entered the Atlantic. I was concerned when she initially took up a great circle course across the Atlantic which would have taken her towards some awful weather but it looks as though she has now taken up a rhumb line course towards the Azores, which is a relief. She should be fine on this course weatherwise until Thursday/Friday.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 0600Z on 24 Feb.

Grand Ruby Atlantic.png

The odious GLOVIS COMPANION is making just over 18kts off the coast of Costa Rica. There are no weather concerns. She is on schedule to arrive at the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal tomorrow evening.
My ETA for her arrival in Zeebrugge is 28 Feb.

Sink the Glovis Companion!” A fun competition with an abundance of virtual prizes.
Decide which square to lay your minefield. You can have 3 entries! A direct hit is required to win. Enter HERE.
More entries are required and so if you haven’t entered already, please do so.

Glov Comp Pac Prog.png

LAKE GENEVA departed Pier 80 yesterday at 1pm local.
I estimate she will arrive off Panama on 21 Feb and transit the canal on the 22 Feb. The weather for her voyage looks fine albeit a little choppy most of the way to Panama. Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 1900Z on 6 Mar.

Geneva Pac.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS is currently alongside at Tacoma. She has updated her AIS with an ETA for Pier 80 of midnight local on Wednesday. There is no rush to leave, but she will need to be on the way by lunchtime tomorrow to make it.
She will be the biggest ship of Q1 and the last ship of Q1 to Europe from Pier 80.
I have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

• Informative
Reactions: EricVet
With LAKE GENEVA now on her way, it must be time for the penultimate competition of Q1 2021.....

THE LAKE GENEVA COMPETITION IS NOW OPEN!
The concept is simple enough, all you have to do is, using your skill and judgement, decide where LAKE GENEVA will be at MiddayZ on 27 Feb 21.
It's free, quick and simple to enter and there is no prize. It's just a bit of fun!
Only 1 entry per person.
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest minor gridsquare first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close when LAKE GENEVA enters the Panama Canal.

Atlantic Major Squares.png

Status
Not open for further replies.