Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been told the names of the next 2 ships to load at Pier 80 this month after CSAV RIO NEVADO - they will probably become public knowledge on Monday when the port schedule gets published (it may only reveal the name of the 2nd ship) and I will post a link on this thread when that happens.
I still don't know the destinations of the 3 ships (I'm working on it) but I am reasonably confident that the 2nd ship will not be coming to Europe. I have still seen nothing to suggest that CSAV RIO NEVADO is coming to Europe either.
The San Francisco port schedule has now been published and it names both ships that were notified last week to the port administration.
MONZA is a smaller vessel than a standard Panamax vessel and so I think it unlikely that it would be used by Tesla for a transatlantic charter.
RCC EUROPE is a Panamax sized vessel and so is suitable for Tesla to charter for a transatlantic passage but at the moment I have not found any evidence to suggest that she is coming to Europe - this could change since port schedules are not being updated as timely as they were traditionally.

I thought that the Ever Given was release as soon as they manage to unblock it form the Suez Canal but seems that they only just release it today after the compensation package have been agreed. Undisclosed agreement but the figures thrown around is crazy more than the cargo value.

I thought that the Ever Given was release as soon as they manage to unblock it form the Suez Canal but seems that they only just release it today after the compensation package have been agreed. Undisclosed agreement but the figures thrown around is crazy more than the cargo value.

Yup
The insurance of that cargo is another complicated issue but a lot of that settlement will be paid by the owners of the cargo. No, it's too complicated to explain here but I'm sure the newspapers will catch on to it soon.
The whole thing is a bit iffy bearing in mind the actual 'losses' incurred by the canal, the fact that there were 2 canal pilots onboard and the decision making during the 'rescue' by the canal authorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddJob83
I'm so glad I found this thread, I felt like I was alone until I read the opening message "[...] you have ordered your revolutionary expensive new car you enter the Tesla blackout zone."

I've got a lot to catch up on it seems. My order was placed waaaay back in March. I have a lease hire Ford that goes back on 30th July and oblivious to all this non-sence I thought I'll get my order in early and tell them I want to hold-off delivery until around then. All seemed fine, they kept automatically assigning a car to me and I kept having to remind them I'm waiting and was told it would be put on hold and to simply call 1st July to arrange my delivery.

That's where reality hit. I was told to expect it to be August or maybe even September. Having not been armed with all the context in this thread I was absolutely bemused by what I was being told. Now I'm just waiting, and hoping for some news soon.

I did have some questions for those far more knowlegeable than I though:

1. Having originally placed the order in March, does this help when it comes to assignments?

2. I've seen some people mention that their order page has an ETA on it. I don't see this anywhere. The "your order is on hold" message has been removed from my order now. Any ideas where to look?

3. What would you guess the best and worst case guess for when to expect delivery?

4. Should I expect to get assigned a car before the ship lands in the UK or after?

For context my spec is Model 3 LR in Red with Enhanced Auto Pilot + Black interior + Aero Wheels and I'm based in Bristol, UK with the order originally placed in March but put on-hold until 1st July.

🤞 Hoping to see some ships on the move soon, thanks for all your hard work in this thread @Mr Miserable

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I'm so glad I found this thread, I felt like I was alone until I read the opening message "[...] you have ordered your revolutionary expensive new car you enter the Tesla blackout zone."

I've got a lot to catch up on it seems. My order was placed waaaay back in March. I have a lease hire Ford that goes back on 30th July and oblivious to all this non-sence I thought I'll get my order in early and tell them I want to hold-off delivery until around then. All seemed fine, they kept automatically assigning a car to me and I kept having to remind them I'm waiting and was told it would be put on hold and to simply call 1st July to arrange my delivery.

That's where reality hit. I was told to expect it to be August or maybe even September. Having not been armed with all the context in this thread I was absolutely bemused by what I was being told. Now I'm just waiting, and hoping for some news soon.

I did have some questions for those far more knowlegeable than I though:

1. Having originally placed the order in March, does this help when it comes to assignments?

2. I've seen some people mention that their order page has an ETA on it. I don't see this anywhere. The "your order is on hold" message has been removed from my order now. Any ideas where to look?

3. What would you guess the best and worst case guess for when to expect delivery?

4. Should I expect to get assigned a car before the ship lands in the UK or after?

For context my spec is Model 3 LR in Red with Enhanced Auto Pilot + Black interior + Aero Wheels and I'm based in Bristol, UK with the order originally placed in March but put on-hold until 1st July.

🤞 Hoping to see some ships on the move soon, thanks for all your hard work in this thread @Mr Miserable
First of all, please don't get upset if the moderator moves this to Orders and Deliveries thread - it will be read by more people there who may be able to answer all your questions, I'm very much a one-trick pony - boats. Here's what I can answer:
1. You would think so, but this is Tesla.
3. August for best case, September for worst case. Probably mid August is my best guess.
4. I think so. Keep an eye on this thread for when a possible ship departs Shanghai and give it 3 days, then ring Tesla or pop into Cribbs Causeway and butter them up to check their computer.

Last edited:
Thanks so much @Mr Miserable

I woke up this morning to the inventary page being full of new cards "In transit"... perhaps this is GLOVIS SYMPHONY stock being entered. It looks as of this morning 8:30 BST that inventary is still being populated with more and more options. I'm going to call them this morning and see if they can match me.

If we assume GLOVIS SYMPHONY is our shipment what would the ETA actually be? Using the Tesla Carriers spreadsheet (which hasn't been updated to add this at time of writing) I would guess 30 Jul - 4 Aug.

GLOVIS SYMPHONY is bunkering (refuelling). This means that we should expect to see her AIS destination to be Suez (rather than Singapore - a common bunkering stop). There is no guarantee she is loading Teslas but the 'in transit' status on the inventory page gives me hope.

The other good news is that another ship has caught my eye, GLOVIS COURAGE. She is currently over in Korea but I believe she will shortly be heading for Shanghai and will then be coming direct to Europe, Zeebrugge or Southampton or possibly both.

I woke up this morning to the inventary page being full of new cards "In transit"... perhaps this is GLOVIS SYMPHONY stock being entered. It looks as of this morning 8:30 BST that inventary is still being populated with more and more options. I'm going to call them this morning and see if they can match me.

If we assume GLOVIS SYMPHONY is our shipment what would the ETA actually be? Using the Tesla Carriers spreadsheet (which hasn't been updated to add this at time of writing) I would guess 30 Jul - 4 Aug.
If GLOVIS SYMPHONY is coming our way I would estimate 2 or 3 Aug arrival.

Hi where do you see the inventory page that shows in transit?

Glovis Symphony looks to be headed to Bremerhaven and Antwerp, but alas not Southampton.

91D6B0D1-0FF6-4866-AC90-9FC0EF04B336.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.