Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Southampton collection date of 6th Dec for my M3LR. I could have collected on the 4th but that's a Saturday, not a great day for me given the drive. Is it fair to assume that my car is onboard Nabucco, scheduled to arrive Southampton on the 25th Nov, or are there other arrivals expected between then and the 6th Dec?

Due for drop off to an address in the midlands on the 3rd of December. reading what everyone else is saying re. registration taking 7 days before delivery i'd assume that the vehicle is either on Helios Ray or Viking Ocean.. or could Nabucco be a dark horse in my 'where is my tesla game'

Brilliant thread btw - really look forward to Mr. Ms updates (who would of thought we'd end up tracking ships like kids on santa tracker at Christmas)
Yeah, I'm pretty certain I'm on that dark horse called Nabucco in this 'Where's My Tesla' game - ordered 9th September and no delivery date yet. :confused:

A few years ago when the M3 was new, specifying a tow hitch was guaranteed to delay your delivery. You can't fit one (officially) after delivery.
The good thing about the MY is that it seems you can fit one after delivery. So you have a choice, specify a tow hitch and risk a delay to delivery or order a vanilla car and wait (and wait) for the after-market tow hitch.
Tesla Amsterdam told me all tow hitches will be fitted after delivery. Indeed, could very well be that, when you checked the box for a two hitch during ordering, like I did, you will have to wait till the tow hitch can be deliverd together with the car.

Hi again.
Big big thank you to Mr. M for your work.

Quick question, is it confirmed that PROMETHEUS LEADER has Ys onboard? I see she is on her way to Malmø and then on to Drammen? I still cant see any vessel carriers on their way to Bergen/Stavanger/Trondheim (West coast).

I ordered my Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Oct 16th (Midnight Silver/Black interior/Aero) and found my VIN in the source code on 2-Nov.

I called up Tesla CS 30 mins ago asking for an update on delivery and to my surprise, they booked me an appointment for collection on December 7th at Southampton and sent me a confirmation text and email! I'm very very pleased :)

Reactions: Field Marshall
I ordered my Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Oct 16th (Midnight Silver/Black interior/Aero) and found my VIN in the source code on 2-Nov.

I called up Tesla CS 30 mins ago asking for an update on delivery and to my surprise, they booked me an appointment for collection on December 7th at Southampton and sent me a confirmation text and email! I'm very very pleased :)
Oh shush Gandalf! ;) I ordered nearly a month before you, just spoke to CS and got nothing.

Tesla Amsterdam told me all tow hitches will be fitted after delivery. Indeed, could very well be that, when you checked the box for a two hitch during ordering, like I did, you will have to wait till the tow hitch can be deliverd together with the car.
The M3 and Y tow hitch just attaches to an existing point on the underside of the car, so it could technically be retro-fitted to all 3s and Ys, but there is a EU law that dictates that a tow hitch is only legal if it came with the car. Exceptions are after-market solutions that are screwed/welded directly to the chassis.

Bit of info re shipping….Just spoke with CS to see if they had a registration number for me as I’m due to collect on 30th November which he very kindly sent over via text. He also added that it was due in Southampton on 19th or 20th which ties in with Mr M’s prediction for Helios Ray

Reactions: realityagain
Just had a chat with Tesla in Norway. My initial question was about the extended warranty which I’m purchasing for my TMX.

As we concluded our call i asked her if the Ys coming to Bergen would be going to Drammen. She said no, that they would arrive in Bergen starting from the second to last week in November, expecting a ship a week for several weeks.

Any idea where the ships would be coming from?

Hi again.
Big big thank you to Mr. M for your work.

Quick question, is it confirmed that PROMETHEUS LEADER has Ys onboard? I see she is on her way to Malmø and then on to Drammen? I still cant see any vessel carriers on their way to Bergen/Stavanger/Trondheim (West coast).
No nothing is confirmed.
There is a real risk of Drammen running out of space to park cars at the moment - they need to clear the quayside before the next ship arrives!
The Teslas in the staging area were cleared yesterday morning.

Just had a chat with Tesla in Norway. My initial question was about the extended warranty which I’m purchasing for my TMX.

As we concluded our call i asked her if the Ys coming to Bergen would be going to Drammen. She said no, that they would arrive in Bergen starting from the second to last week in November, expecting a ship a week for several weeks.

Any idea where the ships would be coming from?
Zeebrugge

Reactions: Kevct
Bit of info re shipping….Just spoke with CS to see if they had a registration number for me as I’m due to collect on 30th November which he very kindly sent over via text. He also added that it was due in Southampton on 19th or 20th which ties in with Mr M’s prediction for Helios Ray
Yes I often wonder about the source of some of information they pass on!
I think earlier this year we saw evidence of 'a loop' where info from this thread was passed to a customer who then posted it here!
As long as the base info is correct it's not too much of a problem but you can see how it could quickly get out of hand!

Reactions: Shakb and Washout
I went and asked in the Tesla showroom near me and the guy told me my car was on Hyperion Ray which was due in to Southampton on 25th November.
That is interesting - thanks for posting it. It's the first indication that HYPERION RAY may be a Tesla ship and that she's coming to Southampton.
A ship is definitely arriving on 25 Nov, that's for sure - the question is whether it's HYPERION RAY or NABUCCO.
According to one (usually reliable) source NABUCCO is not actually scheduled to arrive in Southampton until 26 Nov and HYPERION RAY could easily overtake her.
We shall see.....

Reactions: Washout

My car is on NABUCCO and had VIN received on the same date as you, I haven't had anything available to book collection and they also said I had to wait for an SMS :rolleyes:

Huh? How? Argh! I've just spoke to CS and he was adamant he can't tell me what boat. Why is there so much inconsistency?! Wah!
When I spoke with CS (David) I was advised that they have a policy now not to share which ship the cars are on though it appears some staff still find it easier to share. I didn't push as I know, by their arrival dates, mine is on either Helios Ray or Viking Ocean. Roll on 25 November

Reactions: ScoutKaty
Status
Not open for further replies.